Starbucks Christmas In A Cup lets you have Christmas whenever you want. Because it’s a secret menu item, you can order at Starbucks any time of year, and we’ll show you how to make it at home whenever you’re feeling festive.
This drink boldly named after the holiday season is an undeniably delicious latte equal to its name. It doesn’t have to be in a specially decorated cup at Starbucks; it’s just as good in a plain one at home. It has a rich flavor and is quite warming in the evenings, as I’ve discovered. In this post, I’ll share some interesting facts about just this drink, as well as show you how to make a cup at home.
My little background check on the Christmas in a Cup revealed some intriguing results. The earliest mention of this latte is in 2014. Curiously, in the few posts about this drink, a good number dwell on comparing it with the Snickerdoodle Latte. Both are Christmas lattes, on the secret menu, based on the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Did you know, that dolce means sweet or soft in Italian? A cinnamon dolce latte is therefore a sweet milk drink, with spicy cinnamon. Delicious!
Yes, it is still available. You can have it made because all the ingredients are available on the regular Starbucks menu.
- What’s in a Christmas In A Cup – (ingredients)
According to whschief.com, the Starbucks Christmas In A Cup is a hot holiday beverage that is made of Cinnamon Dolce Latte, white mocha syrup, peppermint syrup, and whipped cream
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte: is the base drink made by adding cinnamon dolce syrup and steamed milk to espresso, then topped with whipped cream. For the made-at-home version, you can use Cinnamon Dolce Syrup available on Amazon, steamed milk, and espresso
- White mocha syrup – the syrup used at Starbucks is made of Corn Syrup Invert Sugar, Water, Cocoa Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors Citric Acid. The Torani white mocha syrup is a good substitute for the home recipe
- Peppermint syrup – contains water, sugar, natural flavors, and Preservatives. As with most Starbucks syrups, this one too can be bought on Amazon if you, like me, aim at replicating the exact drink at home.
- Whipped cream – is optional. Made by a mixture of heavy cream and vanilla syrup. Just bear in mind that the whipped cream will add 120 calories and 11 grams of fat to your drink.
Starbucks Christmas In A Cup: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What Sizes Are Available
You can use one of three cup sizes when ordered for this drink a tall 12 fl oz, a grande 16 fl oz., or a venti 24 fl oz cup. The drink is very rich and sweet for most people, I suggest you order a tall cup to try for the first time. I alternate between a tall and grande, the venti is far too sweet for me.
The nutritional facts are computed based on a standard diet of 2,000 calories a day. I have used a grande cup as the base measure.
The Starbucks Christmas In A Cup latte has 417 calories and gets to 537 calories with whipped cream. The Cinnamon dolce latte base contains the bulk of the calories, bearing 340 calories, from 40 grams of sugar and 14 grams of fat. A pump of peppermint syrup adds 27 calories, 6.3 grams sugar, and 5 grams carbohydrates. A pump of mocha syrup yields a further 25 calories. These constitute over 101 % of daily sugar requirements.
When the delicious whipped cream is added, the daily sugar requirement is exceeded by over 30 percent.
If you are on a low-calorie or keto diet, this is a drink to avoid. There is no making it better for you. All the components add significant amounts of calories and sugar.
Below is a table that summarizes the foregoing nutrition facts:
|Calorie count (out of 2,000 calories daily intake)||537|
|Nutrient Content (per Grande serving)||% of Daily Value|
|Total Fat (21g)||32%|
This drink contains 150mg of caffeine.
- So, what does Starbucks Christmas In A Cup taste like?
Chocolatey, delicious, and spicy, with a minty freshness, thanks to the mocha and peppermint flavors. Mint taste is the signature taste that sets it apart from other cinnamon dolce lattes. The creaminess makes it so delightful, and you will be excused if you forgot all about watching the calories.
- Ways to Customize Christmas In A Cup at Starbucks – Starbucks CHRISTMAS IN A CUP Variations
In true Starbucks style, any good drink deserves an alternative. You can reduce cinnamon dolce syrup and replace the peppermint syrup, to make a Snickerdoodle Latte.
How to make Starbucks Blue Drink Christmas In A Cup at home - Starbucks Christmas In A Cup Copycat Recipe
- Espresso machine/French Press.
- Milk frother
- Drink stirrer
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup of 2 % milk
- 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 tablespoons Peppermint syrup
- 2 tablespoon mocha sauce
- Whipped cream
- Prepare 2 shots of espresso.
- Prepare the milk: Steam and froth the milk until it is foamy.
- Pour espresso shots into a jar. Add steamed milk, cinnamon dolce, and peppermint syrup. Stir. Add the mocha sauce and stir till everything blends.
- Pour out jar contents into a coffee mug, and fill to ¾ level.
- Top off the mug with whipped cream.
- I made my espresso shots using store-bought Starbucks espresso on the french press
- I also bought ready-made Starbucks syrups, whipped cream, and the white mocha sauce by Torani. You can use any other brand available to you.
- To reduce the calorie count for this drink, you can use no fat or skim milk, or/and opt not to use whipped cream.
On the Starbucks App, go to hot coffee, and under lattes select Cinnamon dolce latte. Select Grande cup size. Then go to flavors and add peppermint syrup. Add mocha sauce. Go to toppings, and add whipped cream.
Yes, you can get this drink any time of the year.
Is the Starbucks Christmas In A Cup healthy?
It has a high-calorie count, and 67 grams of sugar, higher than the 50 grams recommended in a day. Moderation is advised.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.