If you love the taste of pumpkin, you will love the Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino. Read on to learn more about this drink and how to order it.
I always can’t wait for the fall season to enjoy my favorite pumpkin drinks; the pumpkin spice Frappuccino and the pumpkin spice latte. The last fall season was exceptional as I discovered the pumpkin pie Frappuccino from its secret menu. This drink has a heavenly taste and, in my opinion, is a better version of the pumpkin spice Frappuccino. I even learned how to make it at home to enjoy it anytime.
A brief history of the drink
The pumpkin pie Frappuccino is simply pumpkin spice Frappuccino blended with cinnamon dolce syrup and whipped cream. The pumpkin spice drink was introduced at the coffee chain in 2003, and since then, it has been customized to offer several variations of pumpkin drinks.
Starbucks Pumpkin pie Frappuccino overview
What’s in a Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino? – Ingredients
This drink is simply a blend of the pumpkin spice Frappuccino, cinnamon dolce syrup, whipped cream, and some cinnamon dolce sprinkles. It is then garnished with cinnamon dolce sprinkles and whipped cream.
- Ice – ice gives this drink its cool and refreshing features.
- Milk – Starbucks uses whole milk to prepare the pumpkin pie Frappuccino. However, you can customize this milk and order breve or non-fat milk, depending on what you prefer.
- Coffee Frappuccino syrup – this syrup gives the pumpkin pie drink its Frappuccino identity.
- Coffee – though you will not taste coffee while having this drink, Starbucks adds coffee to it, hence its relatively high caffeine content.
- Whipped cream – this ingredient is used to garnish this drink and give it its creamy texture.
- Pumpkin spice sauce – Starbucks uses pumpkin spice sauce in all its pumpkin drinks to give them a rich, pumpkin taste.
- Cinnamon dolce syrup – this ingredient is used to twist the taste of the regular pumpkin spice Frappuccino, hence is the backbone of the secret menu drink, pumpkin pie Frappuccino.
- Cinnamon dolce sprinkles – cinnamon dolce sprinkles enhance the taste and flavor of this drink.
Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Starbucks offers this drink in three sizes, a tall, grande, and a venti. A tall is 12 ounces, a grande is 16 ounces, and a venti is 24 ounces. If you have never tried this drink before, start by ordering a tall to see if you will like it before upgrading to the venti or grande.
|Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Total fat 15 grams
Saturated fat 9 grams
|Total carbohydrates 66 grams
Sugars 65 grams
|Sodium 280 mg||12%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||24%|
|Protein 6 grams|
Since Starbucks has not availed the nutritional information of this drink, the above information was calculated and approximated based on the ingredients. Therefore, if you are on a weight loss journey, you should consider avoiding this drink as it has a high-calorie content.
This drink has a caffeine content of 100mg. This caffeine is from the coffee used to make the pumpkin spice Frappuccino, which is the base drink of this beverage. You can add espresso shots if you want a drink with higher caffeine content.
So, what does Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino taste like?
Pumpkin! This drink has a rich pumpkin taste with hints of cinnamon. The cinnamon taste can be profound depending on the amount of cinnamon dolce syrup used. Additionally, this drink has a creamy texture and is made of whipped cream.
Ways to customize a Pumpkin pie Frappuccino at Starbucks?
To reduce the calorie content of this drink, you can ditch whipped cream and ask your barista to omit it while making the drink. You can make this drink with plant-based milk instead of whole milk to make it a bit healthy. You can also get this drink dirty and increase its caffeine content by adding espresso shots. Lastly, you can decide to have this drink warm and ditch ice.
How to make Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
- Coffee maker
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin spice syrup
- Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Cinnamon dolce sprinkles
- To make this drink, start by preparing your coffee using a coffee maker.
- Transfer the coffee to a blender. Add whipped cream, cinnamon dolce syrup, pumpkin spice syrup, and some milk to the blender and blend till the mixture achieves a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass over ice.
- Top it with cinnamon dolce sprinkles and whipped cream. Enjoy!
- You can ditch whipped cream while making this drink to make it a bit healthy.
- You are not restricted on which type of milk you can use. Therefore, if you are after nutritional value, you can use plant-based milk.
How do you order pumpkin pie Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Ordering this drink is relatively straightforward; order the pumpkin spice Frappuccino and customize it by adding cinnamon dolce syrup and whipped cream. Top your drink with cinnamon dolce sprinkles and whipped cream.
Is the Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino still available?
Yes, the pumpkin pie Frappuccino is still available.
Does Starbucks have pumpkin pie Frappuccino all year round?
No, this drink is seasonal and is available only during the fall season.
Is the Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino healthy?
No, this drink has high sugar, calorie, and cholesterol content.
How much is the Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino?
The price of this drink depends on how you customize it.
Is Starbucks pumpkin pie Frappuccino good?
Yes, if you love pumpkins, you will enjoy this drink.