There’s no doubt that Starbucks has mastered releasing holiday-themed drinks. Starbucks amazed everyone when they came out with the Halloween-themed drink dubbed the Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino.
I love Halloween not only because I get to dress up, but also because I get to prepare Halloween-themed food. When Starbucks released the Zombie Frappuccino, I was beyond thrilled. Continue reading to find out how you can order this spooky yet delicious beverage or prepare it in your kitchen.
Brief history of the drink
After a series of successful Halloween-themed drinks, Starbucks released the Zombie Frappuccino in October 2017 right before Halloween. The Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino was available in stores for only one week. The Frappuccino came in green colour that resembled the zombie skin. It was garnished with pink-coloured whipped cream to resemble brains and red mocha drizzle to resemble blood. It was a hit among Halloween fans.
Is Zombie Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
The Zombie Frappuccino is no longer at Starbucks. It was a limited-edition beverage for the 2017 Halloween.
Although, Starbucks baristas have found a way of replicating the beverage with the available ingredients.
Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Zombie Frappuccino – (Ingredients)
The Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino has Crème Frappuccino, mocha drizzle, pink whipped cream and caramel apple sauce.
Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino: Sizes, Nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
The Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino is available in a tall (12fl oz.), grande (16fl oz.) and a venti (24fl oz.)
A Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino tall has about 190 calories, a grande has 290 calories and a venti has 390 calories.
The table below is a summary of the nutritional contents of a Zombie Frappuccino grande size. The figures provided are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Calories from fat
|Nutritional Content (per 16fl oz. serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat (5g)
Saturated fat (3.0g)
Trans fat (0g)
|Total carbs (58g)||19%|
|Dietary Fibre (1g)||4%|
The Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino is a caffeine-free beverage.
So, what does Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino taste like?
The Zombie Frappuccino is sweet, tangy, smooth and tart. The sweetness is from the caramel and the tanginess from the apple.
Ways to customize Zombie Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino variations.
The amount of whipped cream and mocha drizzle used in garnishing can be adjusted.
You can choose any kind of milk from those that Starbucks offer.
How to Make Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino at Home – Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Mocha drizzle
- Whipped cream
- 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup of apple cider
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- ¾ cup of milk (Your favourite)
- Food colouring (green, red and pink)
- To prepare the pink “brains” whipped cream, place your preferred amount of whipped cream in a bowl and add 2-4 drops of pink food colouring. Mix thoroughly and place the whipped cream in a Ziploc bag with an icing squeezer. Place the whipped cream in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare the Frappuccino, add the crushed ice, ice cream, apple cider, milk and 4-6 drops of the green food colouring to a blender and blend.
- To prepare the mocha drizzle, add 2-4 drops of red food colouring to the mocha drizzle and mix thoroughly.
- To serve, smear some of the mocha drizzle in your cup and then pour in the Frappuccino. Garnish with the pink whipped cream and drizzle the rest of the mocha drizzle on top. Enjoy.
- Blackberry or strawberry syrup can be used instead of the mocha drizzle.
- Starbucks creamer can be used instead of milk.
- Ensure to adjust the listed amounts to be enough for the serving you want.
How do you order Zombie Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Although you can’t order the exact concoction of the Zombie Frappuccino, you can replicate it. To order, open the app and under the menu, tap on Frappuccino Blended Beverages and scroll down to Crème Frappuccino. Select the Green Tea Crème Frappuccino, choose a size and navigate to the customizations section.
To customize, choose any milk, under flavours select the raspberry syrup, and under topping choose whipped cream. Scroll down to add-ins and request strawberry puree on top of whipped cream. Place your order.
Does Starbucks have Zombie Frappuccino all year round?
The original Zombie Frappuccino is no longer sold, but the replicated version is available throughout.
Is the Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino healthy?
The Zombie Frappuccino has high levels of sugar, carbs and fats (definitely have it during Halloween only)
How much is the Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino?
The Zombie Frappuccino is around $4.95 for a tall, $5.79 for a grande and $6 for a venti.