If you love your coffee with many flavors, try out the Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino. This frap is a blend of several flavors to provide an overly-sweet drink that is perfect for those with a sweet tooth.
Though I am not a big fan of overly-sweet things, Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino is my ‘cheat’ drink whenever I crave anything sweet. I discovered this drink through my best friend, who has the sweetest tooth ever. I loved this drink a lot since it combines so many flavors that blend perfectly, making it delicious. If you have a sweet tooth, stick around, as you might add another favorite to your list.
A brief history of the drink
Starbucks released the first version of the Tiramisu Frappuccino in 2013. They released this frap as a seasonal item in its Japan stores and was mainly referred to as the white and coffee Tiramisu Frappuccino. And because the ingredients of the original recipe of the Tiramisu frap are not readily available at all Starbucks locations, customers have customized this frap and recreated its variation, the tiramisu Frappuccino, in the Starbucks secret menu.
What’s in a Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino? – (Ingredients)
Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino: Sizes, Nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
The Starbucks’ Tiramisu Frappuccino is made of coffee Frappuccino as a base drink, and several other syrups are added to it, giving it a sweet, complicated flavor.
- Coffee Frappuccino – this frap is made with ice, coffee, coffee Frappuccino syrup, and milk and is used as a base drink of the tiramisu frap.
- Caramel flan syrup – is simply a blend of vanilla and caramel syrup in equal parts.
- Espresso affogato – this ingredient is made by mixing vanilla heavy cream with a shot of espresso.
- Whipped cream – the tiramisu frap is topped with whipped cream flavored with caramel flan sauce to enhance the drink’s taste.
- Mocha syrup/ hazelnut syrup/ toffee nut syrup – all these syrups are added to the tiramisu frap to enhance its taste, making its flavor a bit complicated.
What sizes are available?
Starbucks serves the tiramisu Frappuccino in three sizes; tall, Grande, and Venti. I would recommend you to be having a Grande or tall when having this drink as it is pretty unhealthy and has a lot of sugar. Even my best friend, who has a sweet tooth, has never passed a Grande when having the tiramisu frap.
It is no secret that Frappuccino drinks are unhealthy as they have a lot of cream and sugar hence high calorie and fat content. This is no exception with the tiramisu frap, as a 16-ounce serving has 470 calories.
|Nutritional Value (Grande serving)||Daily Value|
|Total fat 17 grams
Saturated fat 11 grams
|Total carbs 73 grams
Sugars 73 grams
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|Sodium 280 mg||12%|
|Protein 6 grams||–|
Tiramisu Frappuccino has 100 mg of caffeine. However, the caffeine content varies depending on the size of the drink. Either way, the caffeine content in this frap is enough to boost your energy through a tough day.
So, what does Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino taste like?
A bunch of flavors! The Tiramisu frap is beautifully delicious, with several flavors that balance perfectly. However, when taking this drink, you cannot fail to notice its general sweetness. You will feel hints of caramel and chocolatey flavors if you are keen enough.
Ways to customize a Tiramisu Frappuccino at Starbucks
My favorite part of having a drink from Starbucks is that all drinks can be customized, and their recipes are fixed. With the Tiramisu macchiato, I always focus on reducing its sweetness as I find it overly sweet and also making it healthy. So, I ordered this drink with half the amount of syrup pumps that would be used typically. I also have it with no whipped cream and plant-based milk to reduce the calories and carbs.
How to make Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Espresso machine
- Coffee machine
- Coffee Frappuccino syrup
- Whipped cream
- Mocha syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Espresso affogato
- Caramel flan syrup
- Toffee nut syrup
- Hazelnut syrup
- Making the Tiramisu Frappuccino is quite tedious and should eat a good amount of your time.
- First, prepare your coffee using a coffee machine.
- Prepare your espresso shots using an espresso machine, and add vanilla extract to it to make an espresso affogato.
- Prepare your caramel flan syrup by mixing equal parts of caramel sauce and vanilla extract.
- Once these are done, put all the ingredients, except whipped cream, but include the espresso affogato and coffee, into a blender and blend till they all mix well and all the ice breaks.
- Prepare your topping by mixing whipped cream with caramel flan syrup and some mocha syrup.
- Serve your drink garnished with flavored whipped cream. Enjoy!
- You cannot use whole milk alone; you can use any type of milk.
- The amount of espresso affogato you use in this drink depends on the amount of Tiramisu frap you have prepared and the caffeine content you want.
How do you order Tiramisu Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
The recipe for this drink is a bit more complicated; hence might be difficult ordering it via the app. However, if you walk into a Starbucks store that is not busy, order this drink by asking for a coffee Frappuccino first and ask your barista to add hazelnut syrup, mocha syrup, toffee nut syrup caramel flab syrup, and an espresso shot affogato. Top your drink with mocha drizzles, caramel flan sauce, and whipped cream.
Is the Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino still available?
Yes, the tiramisu Frappuccino is still offered at Starbucks.
Does Starbucks have Tiramisu Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, you can enjoy this frap anytime, as it is readily available at Starbucks. However, in Japan, its actual menu is seasonally available.
Is the Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino healthy?
No, just like other Frappuccino drinks at Starbucks, the Tiramisu frap has many calories and is unhealthy.
How much is the Starbucks Tiramisu Frappuccino?
Starbucks baristas determine the price of this frap depending on the ingredients and size you order it in.
Is Tiramisu Frappuccino from Starbucks good?
Oh, yes! This frap is quite tasty, and anybody can easily love it.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.