If you are looking for a tangy, sweet, and fizzy refresher from Starbucks, you have come to the right place. The Starbucks Blueberry Acai Refresher is one of the most popular Starbucks drinks. So, what is it all about?
My weekdays are always extremely busy, so on the weekends, I like to laze around and do lots of nothing as I enjoy some great food. One of my favorite things to have is a cheesy pizza which I wash down with a sweet beverage. The Starbucks Blueberry Acai is one of my favorite drinks to have with pizza, so I always have several cans in my fridge. This article explores multiple aspects of this drink and a recipe you can use to make your own at home.
The drink, along with several other Starbucks refreshers, entered the American market in 2012, and over the last decade, it has become one of the most popular refreshers.
Unlike other refresher drinks available in cups at Starbucks, this refresher was introduced as a canned carbonated drink and has been consumed as such since.
Yes, this drink is still available at Starbucks. You can have the Starbucks Blueberry Acai Refresher directly from Starbucks or buy it in cans across multiple convenience stores.
Apart from outlets in the United States, this refresher drink is also available in other countries like Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, the Philippines, Brazil, and other countries.
The Starbucks Blueberry Acai Refresher is made using the following;
- Fruit juice concentrates. These are obtained from blueberries, white grapes, apples, and acai, and they form 25% of the drink. The concentrates give the drink a rich fruity flavor that has both warm and tropical tones.
- Carbonated water. This forms the base of the drink, and the reason why it is carbonated is that it is made to give a refreshing feeling. It also adds a characteristic fizz that works extremely well with the juice concentrate to deliver an incredible taste.
- Flavor builders. The drink’s flavor is enhanced using such ingredients as natural flavors, sugar, citric acid, and coffee bean extract.
- The drink is also fortified with Vitamins B, C, B3, B5, B6, and Panax Ginseng Root Powder extract. It also contains permitted food colors, stabilizers, and preservatives.
From the ingredients, it is clear that this drink is excellent for getting you refreshed, and the fact that it comes with a good amount of caffeine gives you that extra boost.
The Blueberry Acai Refresher is normally sold in cans that have a capacity of 12 fl oz. Unlike the more common strawberry acai refresher which is sold in cups at Starbucks, this particular drink is only available in cans.
The best advantage to this aspect is the fact that you can buy as many of them as you like to have at your own pleasure.
From the table of ingredients, the Blueberry Acai Refresher is a powerhouse when it comes to certain aspects of nutrition. It is fortified with lots of vitamins which include Vitamin B, B3, B6, C, and B5.
Here is a tabulated representation of the drink’s nutritional facts.
|Calories from fat||0|
To make sure it delivers that great caffeine kick, each can comes with 50mg of the same to get you pumped for the day. While this may not seem like much, it reaches the threshold for the daily caffeine intake, so just one can is enough to sort you for the day.
Because it is made primarily from fruit concentrates, the Blueberry Acai refresher has a rich fruity flavor. It is also pleasantly tart from the blueberries, and the acai gives it an incredible berry flavor that compliments the sour taste.
Additionally, it has a very light but warm coffee flavor profile and it is also quite sweet, but not overpowering. Its overall taste is elevated by the fizz in the carbonated water.
Seeing as this drink is only available in canned versions, it is impossible to customize when you are buying it.
However, it is possible to customize at home with all sorts of ingredients. Here are a few ideas;
- Add freeze-dried fruit powder
You can infuse an incredible tropical flavor to your refresher by adding freeze-dried fruit powder from fruits such as strawberries, mulberries, blackberries, and grapes. This will make its flavor a lot richer.
- Have it in your cocktail
If you like to pass time with a glass of vodka in your hand but do not fancy the intense taste, you can water the drink down using the Blueberry Acai refresher. Its tones work quite well with alcoholic drinks, and your throat and mouth will not have to suffer as you have your drink.
- Add herbs and spices
You can elevate the flavor profile by adding fresh mint, a cinnamon stick, or any other herb or spice you prefer.
- Mix it with other beverages
If you find that the berry flavor is a little too intense, you can mix it with fresh lemonade to add a citrus kick. To make sure you do not lose its fizz, you can mix it with a bit of sparkling water as well.
How to make Blueberry Acai Refresher at Home - Blueberry Acai Refresher Copycat Recipe
- A blender
- A whisk
- A porcelain or glass cup
- A jug
- Electric kettle
- Drinking glasses and a straw
- Fresh blueberries
- Acai powder
- White grape juice
- Green tea
- Sugar (You can use a Starbucks syrup instead)
- Prep the green teaStart by boiling some water in an electric kettle. When it is boiled, grab your glass or porcelain cup and place one tea bag of green tea. Fill the cup with hot water to the brim and leave it to steep for 2 minutes.Place it in the fridge to cool as you prepare your refresher.
- Blend the blueberriesSlice your blueberries into halves and place them in your blender. Add one cup of water and cover the blender.Blend the blueberries until they are smooth and there are no traces of peels or seeds. Once they are blended, strain the pulp through a sieve to get rid of any solid material.
- Prepare acai powder mixtureIn a clean jug, add half a cup of water and add three scoops of the acai berry powder. Whisk until the two are well incorporated.
- Constitute your baseTo make your base, mix the acai mixture, blueberry juice, and white grape juice in a clean jug. Stir the mixture to allow the flavors to blend.
- Mix everything togetherIn one of the pitchers, mix the base, the green tea, sugar or syrup, and ice cubes and stir everything well. You now have a blueberry acai refresher. Your drink is ready to serve.
- Make sure that your green tea is completely cool before adding it to the juice base
- You can use coconut water in place of regular water if you want to incorporate a new flavor and also make a healthier drink.
- You can replace the white grape juice( or add) with lemonade if you are looking for a more tangy drink.
- Instead of green tea, you can purchase green coffee bean powder. It will add a nice coffee aroma and deliver just as much caffeine as you need.
- If the acai powder is not available in stores near you, you can use acai juice, but you may end up using a lot of it if you are making a large batch.
How do you order a Blueberry Acai refresher at Starbucks?
Go to your barista and ask for a blueberry acai refresher. You can order it cold or at room temperature, and do not forget to mention how many cans you need.
Is the Starbucks Blueberry Acai refresher good?
Yes, it is one of the tastiest and most refreshing drinks at Starbucks. It has an overall great taste and is ideal for anyone watching their calories.
There you have it! If you have not had the Blueberry Acai refresher from Starbucks, you definitely need to check it out. Go on and buy a few cans to enjoy at your own convenience, especially after a long run in the heat.