If you are a fan of the Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher and you take it as often as you think about it, then your wallet is going to thank you for learning to make its exact replica on your own. Find out below.
This refresher is a darling to my soul. I am yet to meet a refresher that appeals to my taste buds this much. I know taste may be personal, but every member of my family who has ever taken this drink, has marveled with appreciation at its delicacy. This is how I knew that my choices aren’t so bad after all. Some people prefer the one with lemonade, but for me, the normal Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher just does it for me. No wonder Starbucks included it in its permanent menu after initially only debuting as a seasonal drink for the summer of 2018.
Brief History of the drink
The name ‘dragonfruit’ is magical and depicts this drink as one that is magical in its taste. I bet this is why it was named as such. The mango dragonfruit refresher was introduced by Starbucks in 2018 and is available in the Starbucks stores since the 19th of June 2018. It was introduced to be a solution for the summer heat. In my opinion, it has lived up to that expectation and luckily enough, it lasted past the summer of that year and is still available to date.
Is Mango dragonfruit refresher still available at Starbucks?
Yes, it is still available at Starbucks. It was a permanent addition to the menu and has remained available since its debut in 2018.
Mango dragonfruit refresher (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s In a Mango Dragonfruit Refresher-(Ingredients)
Taking a drink is sweet, but it gets yummier when you actually know what you’re taking into your system. This can help you keep your health in check and know whether to take it or not. I am sure you have developed some interest in this refresher drink, how about I tell you what makes it this magical? It is made up of ice, freeze dried dragonfruit pieces and a mango dragonfruit refresher base. The base comprises of sugar, water, white grape juice concentrate, natural green coffee flavor and citric acid
According to Starbucks, there is no allergen known to be associated with this drink but since their equipment is used to make many other beverages, anything is possible and you may end up having an allergic reaction. This however, has barely ever been reported.
Mango dragonfruit refresher: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
You have an option of four sizes for the mango dragonfruit the larger being Trenta with 30 fl oz, followed by Venti that is 24 fl oz, Grande 16 fl oz and the smallest being Tall 12 fl oz. I personally usually take the Grande because hats just enough for me. I would advise anyone taking it for the first time to begin from the Tall and once you find it yummy you can advance on the sizes bit by bit depending on your wallet or personal preferences.
In a serving size 16 Fl oz, you get 90 calories, 5 of which are from fats, 15 mg of sodium, 19 g of sugars, Total Carbohydrates of 22 mg and caffeine of 45 mg. This is calculated according to the standard recipes and varies in terms of the size. Again, this can help you in determining what size to take.
The table below is a summary of the nutritional facts discussed above.
|Calories from fats||5|
|Total carbohydrates||22 mg|
The Starbucks mango dragonfruit has caffeine in it, but the quantity is not as much as there is in an average pot of coffee. For the different sizes available, the caffeine contents are varied, Trenta-has caffeine of between 90 -110 milligram and Tall has caffeine of between 35-45milligrams.
You realize that it has just enough caffeine to wake you up and empower you for the hot day afternoon responsibilities that your job can throw at you.
So, what does mango dragonfruit refresher taste like?
Absolutely yummy! This is the simplest way I can describe this bright magenta colored beverage. You might think from the name, that it has a mango-like taste, but you will only feel that mango as an aftertaste. Its taste is above every other refresher you might know about already. Many people are in love with it for both its color and the taste. People might prefer different flavors that you can customize, but I am yet to meet anyone that describes the mango dragonfruit refresher with a lesser word to yummy. Are you still thinking whether to try it or not? Please do, those of us who have gone ahead of you to ‘Flavor town’ are beckoning you to join us!
Ways to Customize mango dragonfruit refresher-mango dragonfruit refresher variations.
While ordering, Starbucks allows you to customize on a range of options. The categories include:
- Milk- You have a wide range of milk options. Bearing in mind your health demands and personal preferences, you can choose from the oatmilk, soy, almond, whole milk, Breve (half & half) 2% milk, non-fat milk and the heavy cream.
- Flavors- Taste is personal and everyone has a flavor that they will take over and over, and another that they wouldn’t like to even smell around again. Thankfully, you have an option of choosing on what flavors to be used on your mango dragonfruit refreshener and they include caramel syrup, cinnamon dolce syrup, brown sugar syrup, hazelnut syrup, raspberry syrup, peppermint syrup, vanilla syrups, toasted vanilla or the sugar free vanilla syrup.
- Juice – your juice options include apple juice and peach juice blend. Both of which you can customize to have extra, light, normal or none at all.
- Toppings – You can decide between chocolate cream cold foam, cold foam, vanilla sweet cream cold foam or the salted one.
- Sweeteners- You options are honey, sugar, Splenda stevia, classic syrup, honey blend or cane sugar which is my personal preference because I love the iced mango dragonfruit refresher.
- Tea – Tea is added as splashes, so choose a splash of green tea, black tea or passion tango tea.
- Add ins – includes dragonfruit inclusion scoops, kiwi inclusion, strawberries and strawberry puree where you can choose between extra, light, none or just the normal strawberry puree.
- Ice – I already mentioned that I prefer my mango dragonfruit iced, it might be the case for you too, you can choose between extra ice, light ice, none or just ice.
- Water- another add in is water which also has options including the extra water, light water, no water and water.
How to make mango dragonfruit refresher at home-mango dragonfruit refresher copycat Recipe
- Crystal light mango passion fruit
- Simple syrup
- Frozen dragonfruit cubes
- White grape
- Freeze dried dragonfruit powder
- White grape juice
- Simple syrup
- Crystal light Mango Passion fruit
- Green coffee bean powder (optional)
- Freeze dried dragonfruit (optional)
- Fresh or frozen dragon fruit (optional)
- Simple syrup – Combine water and white sugar in a small saucepan over heat. Remember to keep the heat low. Stir the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Refresher- To make the refresher, use a mason jar to add dragonfruit powder, water, dragonfruit, simple syrup and crystal light mango passion fruit
- Close the lid of the mason jar and shake properly until you see that the powder is broken. Once the powder has been broken, open the lid of the mason jar and pour the content over ice.
- In case you opt for freeze -dried dragonfruit, soak it fist in water for about 5 minutes before you mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you are considering to substitute, you can substitute with fresh kiwis at a ratio of 1:1. When it comes to the dragon fruit powder, you might not want to replace it because it actually gives the drink its color(berry) but should you completely be unable to find it, consider the kiwi fruit powder. You can also choose to use apple juice instead of the white grape juice.
- This recipe does not have caffeine, so if you want to include caffeine then you should consider adding one tea spoon of green coffee extract.
How do you order a mango dragonfruit refresher?
You can either simply tell the barista its name or order using the Starbucks app. In both scenarios, you can customize your drink as much as you want.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher safe during pregnancy?
Yes, it is. The mango dragonfruit has benefits to both the expectant mother and the developing fetus. The highest quantity of caffeine that you can ever have in mango dragonfruit is 135mg, which is below the highest level(200mg) allowed in pregnancy.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher good?
Yes, it is a perfect drink that helps with replenishing your vitamins during hot summer.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher vegan?
Yes, the ingredients are vegan.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher kosher?
Is mango dragonfruit refresher seasonal?
Mango dragonfruit refresher was introduced during summer of 2018 but has since remained permanently on the menu.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher gluten free?
Yes, alongside other refreshers from Starbucks, mango dragonfruit refresher is gluten-free.
Is mango dragonfruit refresher keto?
No, it has a lot of carbs. As such, it can’t be in the keto diet.
How much is a mango dragonfruit refresher?
The Starbucks mango dragonfruit has varied prices based on size. Tall is $ 3.75, Grande is $ 4.25, Venti goes for $ 4.75 and Trenta costs $ 5.25. This is for the regular refresher. The one with lemonade costs higher.
Are Starbucks mango dragonfruit refresher healthy?
While it is healthy to take the mango dragonfruit refresher, I recommend that you take it in moderation, for obvious reasons.
Can you get the mango dragonfruit refresher without sugar?
Yes, you can, the Starbucks menu lets you customize your drink as much as you want.
Did Starbucks discontinue mango dragonfruit refresher
No, as you read this, mango dragonfruit refresher is a permanent item on the Starbucks menu.