If you enjoy a Starbucks refresher on a hot summer day, we recommend getting the strawberry acai refresher. Replace the water with coconut milk for a creamier and tastier drink when ordering from the Starbucks menu.
When I first saw a pretty drink from my favorite coffeehouse– Starbucks on Instagram, I knew I had to try it. The drink combined two of my favorite things: Starbucks and the color pink. After my first sip, I instantly knew the pink drink would be my go-to drink. The Strawberry Acai refresher was first introduced in 2016 as a secret menu option. The refresher gained popularity on social media and became an instant hit.
With notes of green coffee bean extract, sweet and tart flavor of passion tea topped off with acai powder, and freeze-dried strawberries, this hydrating fruity refresher is a must-try for you on a hot day.
Note: Despite it being called the Starbucks secret menu, the not-so-secret menu is pretty popular on social media. But, you have to make sure to list all your ingredients because the baristas are not trained on the secret menu.
If you are looking to try the Strawberry acai refresher, there’s a lot you should know about it. But don’t worry, this article will tell you all about it.
Don’t we all remember when Starbucks first launched its refresher menu? The Strawberry acai refresher was splashed all over social media back in 2016 when it went viral. The refresher was later joined by a list of other variations such as dragon drink and star drink etc.
The strawberry acai refresher was an instant hit on social media and plenty of loyal Starbucks consumers went crazy about it. Since then, the Starbucks acai refreshers have become a fan favorite with different variations
On a hot summer day, most people might opt for a Starbucks strawberry acai refresher when they don’t feel like getting the coffee jitters. But, strawberry refreshers do contain caffeine due to their green coffee extract and a hefty amount of sugar. A Grande Strawberry acai refresher contains about 45mg of caffeine which is a significant amount when compared to a hot chocolate.
It seems Starbucks is running out of ingredients to include in their favorite refresher drinks. While the Strawberry acai is still on the menu, the key ingredients used to make the pretty pink hue of the drink– freeze-dried strawberries seem to be in short supply. With an influx of customer orders and a supply that is not being topped up, seems She Starbucks shortage may just continue for a while.
It seems 2020 brought a lot of uncertainties that we can’t seem to catch a break from. Currently, Starbucks does not know when this shortage of supplies will be resolved. So, keep in mind that you need to be patient with your baristas.
Do not worry though, Starbucks has announced that the strawberry acai refresher will be around all year round.so, yes the strawberry acai refresher is still around.
If you are looking to order the Starbucks strawberry acai refresher, you need to know your ingredients list. Ordering the drink should not be intimidating to you as it combines simple ingredients like acai powder, freeze-dried strawberries, strawberry syrup, and coconut instead of water for a creamier richer taste. The ingredients include:
- Strawberry acai base- you cannot make a strawberry acai refresher without the main ingredient– strawberry acai base. This base drink is a form of stevia that combines a list of ingredients such as water, green coffee powder, passion tea concentrate, and flavors.
- Freeze-dried strawberries- what’s a strawberry acai refresher without freeze-dried strawberries? You might not know this but the strawberries are responsible for the pretty pink hue of the refresher drink. This ingredient is also responsible for the fruity taste of the drink.
- Ice- if you are thinking that ice isn’t an ingredient, you are wrong. Otherwise, what would make the strawberry acai refresher a cold, hydrating, and refreshing drink you can enjoy during summer?
- Coconut milk– if you enjoy plain and boring, this is not the option for you. But if you like a creamy and tasty drink, then we recommend coconut milk. Aside from its obvious health benefits, coconut milk infuses a different flavor you just cannot get with water as your ingredient.
Starbucks has four size options for the strawberry acai refresher; Tall (12 fl oz.), Grande (16 fl oz.), Venti (24 fl oz.), and Trenta (30 fl oz.). The refresher has a whopping 20 g sugar content and 90 calories.
So, if you are trying it for the first time, we recommend ordering a tall with reduced sugar content and fewer pumps of sweeteners. I don’t know if anyone has ever splurged on a Trenta refresher, but even I being a sweet tooth cannot handle the large amounts of sugar it contains.
Often, nutritionists recommend a black coffee, espresso, or a caffe misto drink for people on a diet. But we are not here to suffer, giving up the strawberry acai refresher should be considered a crime. Even though Starbucks refreshers are not essentially healthy, your perception is what matters. According to American Heart Association, the normal intake for both men and women should be about 100 calories daily.
Starbucks strawberry acai refresher only contains 20g of sugar and only 90 calories. So, it is safe to assume that you can get yourself a refresher so long as you keep your calories in check. You can also order an unsweetened passion fruit tea with coconut milk and freeze-dried strawberries.
If you are looking for a fruity flavored drink without getting a caffeine fix, the strawberry acai refresher is not the one for you. Even though it is a fruity refresher, the drink has 45mg of caffeine in a Grande. You cannot get this refresher caffeine-free because the strawberry acai base comes pre-made with green coffee powder. Below is a summary of the nutritional content of strawberry acai refreshers.
|Caloric count||90 calories|
|Nutrient content||% and grams of Daily value|
|Fat content||0% fat|
|22 g net carbs
|Sugar in Grande||20 grams|
Divine! That’s the only way to describe what the strawberry acai refresher tastes like. The drink combines strawberry flavors accentuated with sweet and tart passion fruit and combined with acai powder for the heavenly taste we have come to love.
When made with coconut milk, the drink has a creamy and smooth consistency that is sure to delight your taste buds. If you are looking for a refreshment that hits the spot on a hot day, the Strawberry acai refresher should your top pick.
The beauty of Starbucks is that you can make your drink based on how you like it. Like with all Starbucks drinks, you can customize your refreshers to suit your taste buds. Since the strawberry acai became an internet sensation in 2016, there have been variations made online by loyal Starbucks consumers. The variations include:
- Strawberry acai lemonade refresher. Order the strawberry acai base drink, freeze-dried strawberries, lemonade, and top up with ice for a refreshing customized drink. Instead of adding coconut milk, replace it with lemonade for a citrusy flavor.
- Chocolate flavored strawberry pink drink. Something about chocolates and strawberries brings on the valentines mood. Order a base drink with strawberry puree, raspberry syrup, mocha syrup, and vanilla sweet cream.
How to make strawberry acai refresher at home - strawberry acai refresher copycat recipe
- Electric whisk
- Bowl for mixing
- White grape juice fruit concentrate
- Natural flavors- use passion tea fruit flavor
- Citric acid. Used as a preservative and adds citrus flavor.
- Natural green tea coffee powder. This boosts the caffeine content of the refresher
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Acai berry powder
- Combine and boil grapefruit juice and strawberries. Simmer until all strawberries are broken down.
- Strain the mixture in a bowl and collect the liquid and return to a heat source.
- Add acai powder, green coffee powder, and passion fruit flavor. Stir until all powders have dissolved. Remove from heat and store in a jar. Your base is now ready for use.
- Make the refresher. Add freeze-dried strawberries to a cup and fill with ice.
- Add your strawberry acai base and freeze-dried strawberries with ice to a shaker and shake well to combine.
- Add your combined drink to a glass. You can add lemon juice for a citrusy taste. Take a sip and see if it is to your liking.
- Remove green tea coffee powder if you are not looking to make a caffeinated drink
- A lack of acai powder and passion fruit powder does not make your drink less delicious. It's still going to taste heavenly because of the strawberries. The powders are responsible for the beautiful pink hue of the drink
- Top off your drink with strawberries for a beautiful and tart flavored drink.
- You can replace water with coconut milk for a creamier taste
To order a strawberry refresher, ask for a strawberry acai refresher with strawberry acai refresher base drink, ice, passion fruit powder, acai powder, and water. You can replace the water with coconut milk, or add lemon for a different taste.
Sadly no, if you are looking to lose weight, this drink will derail your weight loss goals. The drink contains 20grams of sugar and 90 calories in a Grande. So, if you are on a diet but still want to order the strawberry acai refresher, keep your calorie intake low or switch out the sweeteners for a less sugary drink.
Thankfully no! Starbucks has not discontinued its most popular drink on the menu. Unfortunately, there is a shortage in the supply of freeze-dried strawberries. So, the strawberry acai refresher you order may not contain strawberries. Luckily, you can still order this drink as it is still available.
Yes! Luckily, Starbucks strawberry acai refresher does not contain dairy or animal products. You can order this drink with water. If you are feeling fancy, you can add coconut milk as a healthier option.
Strawberry acai refreshers are perfectly safe to enjoy while pregnant. Acai fruit is a super food as it is nutrient-dense. Unfortunately, there haven’t been a lot of studies on the safety of consuming acai during pregnancy. So, it is best to avoid it or check with your nutritionist.
No. You cannot buy strawberry acai refresher mix as Starbucks does not sell it at retail stores. Luckily, you can make your refresher mix at home.
Yes, you can! You can get a sugar-free strawberry acai refresher at Starbucks. But, its tastes more like a less sweet strawberry shortcake.
No. Starbucks strawberry acai refresher has not been altered. However, you can customize your drink with ingredients suited to your liking.
Even though Starbucks refreshers are seasonal drinks, the Strawberry acai refresher is available all year round. This is due to its popular demand. So, it makes sense to cash in on the high demand for the drink while it lasts.
Yes. But make sure to only order the drink with water. Ordering the strawberry acai with lemon means that it is no longer gluten-free. So, make sure not to switch out water for Starbucks lemonade.
Unfortunately, most Starbucks refreshers are not kosher certified. Yes, even the strawberry acai refresher is not kosher.