If you love sweet things, there is no better way to satisfy your sweet tooth than having Starbucks’ the sweetart refresher. This drink is made to be overly sweet and has an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
I am not a sweet tooth, but once in a while, when I crave something overly sweet, I opt for the sweetart refresher. I love this drink because it is delightful but has a slightly sour taste that compliments the sweetness perfectly. The fruity flavors in it are something to die for! Though it is not my daily cup of refresher, I immensely love it when I crave something sweet. Therefore, if you are a sweet tooth and want to try the sweetart refresher, read on to learn more about it.
A brief history of the drink
The sweetart refresher was introduced at Starbucks in 2015. It mimics candy flavor and combines Valencia orange refresher, lemonade, raspberry syrup, and classic syrup. The Valencia orange refresher was introduced at the coffee chain in 2013. Unfortunately, this drink is no longer available at Starbucks as the orange refresher was discontinued in the same year the sweetart refresher was introduced, 2015.
Starbucks the sweetart refresher overview
What’s in a Starbucks sweetart refresher? – (Ingredients)
According to Starbucks’ secret menu website, the sweetart refresher is made by putting the Valencia orange refresher as a base drink, adding lemonade, and then adding average amounts of classic and raspberry syrup.
- Valencia orange refresher – the Valencia orange refresher used as a base drink of the sweetart refresher is made of orange juice, ice, sweetener, green coffee extract, orange slices, and some ice added to it to complete its refreshing properties.
- Lemonade – lemonade compliments the sweetness of the other ingredients perfectly, providing the sweetart refresher with a slightly sour taste.
- Classic syrup – this syrup enhances the sweetness of the sweetart refresher.
- Raspberry syrup – the fruity flavor in the sweetart refresher is enhanced by adding raspberry syrup to the drink.
Starbucks the sweetart refresher: sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
The sweetart refresher is offered in 4 sizes, a tall, Grande, Venti, and a Trenta. The tall is the smallest size in which this drink is available, while the Trenta is the largest and holds 30 ounces of fluid. I usually go for the tall when having this drink, as it is overly sweet; I recommend you do the same.
Though the sweetart refresher has high sugar content, it is somehow healthy when you gauge it via its calorie content.
|Nutritional value (Grande serving)||Daily Value|
|Total fat 0 grams
Saturated fat 0 grams
|Total carbohydrates 35 grams
Sugars 30 grams
|Sodium 15 mg||1%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Protein 0 grams||–|
If you are wondering whether the sweetart refresher will give you some energy boost, then here you have your answer, yes, it will. Though this drink will not stimulate you as much as an espresso shot, it contains some caffeine. The sweetart refresher has about 80 mg of caffeine, which comes from the green coffee extract used to make the Valencia orange refresher.
So, what does Starbucks sweetart refresher taste like?
Sweet! This drink is overly sweet due to the different syrups and ingredients added to it. Its sweetness resembles that of candy. However, when having it, you can feel some slight sourness from the lemonade added to it.
Ways to customize a sweetart refresher at Starbucks
There are several ways to customize this drink. First, because the Valencia orange refresher is no longer available at Starbucks, you can order this beverage with orange juice if it is available. Another alternative is ordering it with strawberry lemonade, though it will have a completely different taste. You can also blend all the ingredients if you want your refresher in a slushie form.
How to make Starbucks the sweetart refresher at home – Starbucks the sweetart refresher Copycat Recipe
Starbucks the sweetart refresher Copycat Recipe
- Orange juice
- Raspberry syrup
- Orange slices
- Classic syrup
- Green coffee extract powder
- Blend all the ingredients using a blender, except for the classic and raspberry syrup.
- Transfer the drink to a glass when they all mix up and have a smooth consistency.
- Add average amounts of raspberry and classic syrup to the drink, depending on the size.
- Stir well using a spoon and serve.
- You can prepare an orange refresher separately by blending orange slices, orange juice, sweeteners, ice, and green coffee extract powder. Then add lemonade and the syrups to it.
- To reduce the sweetness of this drink, you can do away with sweeteners and use extra ice and half the amount of syrups.
How do you order the sweetart refresher from the Starbucks app?
You can no longer order this drink since it is unavailable at Starbucks.
Is the Starbucks sweetart refresher still available?
No, one of its primary ingredients, the Valencia orange refresher, was discontinued.
Does Starbucks have the sweetart refresher all year round?
No, this drink is no longer available at the coffee chain.
Is Starbucks the sweetart refresher healthy?
Yes, it is pretty healthy, with low carbs and calories.
How much is the Starbucks sweetart refresher?
Starbucks’ barista will determine the price of this beverage according to the size and the location you order it from.
Is the sweetart refresher from Starbucks good?
Mainly for those with a sweet tooth, you will find this drink fantastic.