Avoid the hassle of explaining your favorite Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino to the barista before ordering and start making it at home. Read on to see a simple recipe that replicates it.
I have always hated standing for long in line at Starbucks, and it gets worse when I have to explain the drink I want to the barista because it isn’t on the menu board. For this reason, I decided to start making the drinks at home, and the experience has never been better. My all-time favorite is Caramel Pick Me up Frappuccino, and not a week goes by before I make it. It requires few ingredients, is easy to make, and has a heavenly taste. Read on and learn everything you need about the drink and a DIY recipe.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino is among the many drinks on the company’s secret menu that the customers invent. It is not on Starbucks’ official menu, and some baristas don’t know about it. Like all the other secret menu drinks, it is a drink known mostly by Starbucks lovers. Its invention was coincidental and arose from a customer trying to customize a regular Starbucks drink to suit their preference. Just like that, this masterpiece has warmed its way to the hearts of many.
Is Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, it is. Since this drink is not an official Starbucks drink, it is unlikely to be discontinued soon. The base drink, vanilla bean Frappuccino is a fan favorite and as long as it sticks around, so does the Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino.
Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino – (Ingredients)
This drink has straightforward and essential ingredients that contribute to the great taste. There are four main ingredients which include
- caramel syrup: This is what sweetens the dink and adds details of the caramel flavor
- caramel walls: this is not just for garnishing but also adds accents of flavor to the drink
- Espresso shots: this is what sets this drink apart from regular drinks. it gives it a place in the secret menu and is a step up that arises from the preference
- Vanilla bean Frappuccino: this is the base drink from which Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino is invented. Instead of the crème base, a ristretto base adds a caffeine boost.
- Whipped cream and caramel drizzle are the toppings added to the final drink. More can be added depending on the customer’s preference.
Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories.
What sizes are available?
There are four available size options for serving this drink. The most common one is a 16 fl oz. The Grande cup is the standard size. Others are a short 8 fl oz. Size, a tall 12 fl oz. Size and a Venti 20 fl oz. Size.
Since this is a customized drink and does not fall under the standard recipe, the nutritional information is different. However, a lot depends on the main drink, which in this case is Vanilla bean Frappuccino. The calories in this drink are 380 in a Grande serving, 150 of which are entirely from fat. There is 50 mg of carbohydrate, which make up 19% of daily intake, 250mg of sodium which makes up 11%, and 16g of fat which makes up 21%.
The information above is summarized in the table below;
|Calorie count (out of 2000 calories daily intake)||380|
|Nutrient content (per Grande serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat (16g)
Trans Fat 0.5mg
Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fiber 0g
Sugars 52 g
The point of this drink is to add a boost of caffeine to the flavor of caramel. Since the ristretto shots bring about caffeine, the caffeine levels depend on the number of shots. One shot has about 63mg of caffeine. Therefore the standard three shots will have 189 mg of caffeine.
So what does Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino taste like?
The drink is a union of the sweet taste of caramel, the bittersweet taste of coffee, and the buttery accents of caramel syrup. Because of its thick consistency, you can taste each flavor, adding incredible deliciousness.
Ways to Customize Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino Variations
Since you can be as creative as you want with Starbucks drinks, there is no chance of getting bored with your order. Starbucks Caramel Pick Me up Frappuccino can be turned into an Affogato-style Frappuccino by simply doing away with the caramel walls and syrup. You can play around with the number of shots and syrups for different variations.
How to Make Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Serving glass with drizzled caramel on the walls
- 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup
- 1 cup of vanilla bean Frappuccino
- Whipped cream
- Caramel drizzle
- 3 shots of espresso
- Put vanilla bean Frappuccino in a blender.
- Add 2 or 3 shots of espresso, depending on your preference, and blend till smooth.
- Pour into the serving glass with caramel drizzle.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel syrup
- If you want your drink with less caffeine, you can reduce the number of espresso shots.
- You can add more toppings, like chocolate.
- Frappuccinos taste better cold, so you don’t have to worry about extras; you can just store them in the fridge.
How do you order Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Starbucks has customization options on their app, so all you do is add espresso shots to your order.
Does Starbucks have Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, it does. The base drink is available all year round, so you can order it whenever you want.
Is the Starbucks Pick Me Up Frappuccino Healthy?
It depends on your dietary requirements. This is why it is necessary to check nutritional information before ordering.
How much is the Starbucks Caramel Pick Me Up Frappuccino?
The Frappuccino is $4.25 for a Grande cup. The price, however, varies depending on the location.