We all love a tasty sauce in our food. If you prefer a spicy sauce, read on to know more about Starbucks Sriracha sauce.
Starbucks Sriracha sauce is a mixture of garlic, red bell and jalapeño purees, white vinegar, and other few ingredients to make a spicy sauce. The Starbucks Sriracha Sauce is a fan favorite for those who love spicy sauces. Honey BBQ Sriracha Chicken is my to-go breakfast option at Starbucks. This is my favorite breakfast because the Sriracha sauce gives the chicken an unworldly taste that keeps me returning for more. If you want to try out Starbucks Sriracha sauce and do not know what is, do not worry because this article will expound more on its ingredients, taste, copycat recipe, calories, where to buy it.
Brief History of the Sauce
A friend recently introduced me to this amazing sauce; since then, it has become one of my favorites. Starbucks introduced this sauce to its line-up of delicious condiments in 2016, but surprisingly, to date, not many people know about it. Those who know about this spicy sauce will request the barista for a sachet or two to enjoy with their salads or sandwiches. Apparently, the company decided to introduce the sauce to its condiment line-up after many requests from its loyal customers.
Is Starbucks Sriracha Sauce still available at Starbucks?”
Yes, the sauce is still available at Starbucks. If you are ordering a sandwich or salad, request the barista to give you a sachet of the sauce. It complements the salad or sandwich perfectly.
Where to buy Starbucks Sriracha Sauce
Even though the sauce is available at Starbucks stores, you cannot buy it. However, if you want to purchase Sriracha sauce for use at home you can get this alternative here.
Starbucks Sriracha Sauce (Ingredients, Taste, Calories, name variations)
What’s in a Starbucks Sriracha Sauce? – (ingredients)
According to their website, Starbucks lists the ingredients in its Sriracha sauce as distilled vinegar, sugar, salt, cayenne peppers, jalapeno puree, carrot fiber, water, dried garlic, natural flavors, spice, xanthan gum, and paprika.
Starbucks Sriracha Sauce: Nutrition & Calories
A serving of 1 gram of the Starbucks Sriracha sauce is packed with 15 calories and 3 grams of carbohydrates. The sauce is fat-free and does not contain any protein. The activity you will need to burn the 15 calories you gain from consuming this spicy sauce includes; two minutes of cycling, one minute of running or 5 minutes of cleaning.
So, what does Starbucks Sriracha Sauce taste like?
The sauce is spicy with a sweet, tangy flavor with notes of garlic. Its consistency is similar to that of ketchup.
Drinks (or foods) that use Starbucks Sriracha Sauce
Now that you have prepared some Sriracha sauce at home, you may wonder about the foods that go well with it.
For that, let’s dig deep into the Starbucks menu.
The main food item at Starbucks with the Sriracha sauce is:
- Honey BBQ Sriracha Chicken.
You can also use the sauce on any breakfast sandwiches, bagels, or salads on the Starbucks menu (request the barista to give you a sauce sachet).
Starbucks Sriracha Sauce: Other names
The other names that customers use to identify this sauce include; Starbucks Sriracha spicy chili sauce, Starbucks Sriracha chili sauce, Sriracha hot sauce, or rooster sauce.
How to make Starbucks Sriracha Sauce at home – Starbucks Sriracha Sauce Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Sriracha Sauce Copycat Recipe
- A knife
- Chopping board
- Glass jar/container
- Plastic wrap
- A funnel
- A bottle or container with a cork or seal.
- ½ a kilogram of red jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 0.25 kilogram of red Serrano peppers
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- Throw the peppers (Jalapeno and Serrano), salt, sugar and garlic into a blender; add water. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer the blended puree into a glass jar or a container. Cover the container with plastic wrap and place it in a cool and dry place for three to five days. Stir the blend and scrap down the sides of the container every day. Rewrap after every stirring session, and return the jar to a cool and dry place. Wait until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- Pour the blend back into your blender. Add the white vinegar and blend the mixture until smooth. Strain the mixture with a strainer with a fine mesh. Discard the seeds, skin and pulp left after straining.
- Transfer the smooth sauce into another saucepan. Boil it over medium heat, and remember to stir the mixture regularly until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Let the boiling sauce cool slowly to room temperature. It will thicken as it cools. After it cools to the desired temperature, transfer it into a bottle or a jar, seal it tightly, and then place it in a refrigerator.
- Do not let the sauce boil for long because it might become too thick when it cools to room temperature.
- Use more jalapenos if you want a spicier sauce.
- Remember to store the sauce in a tightly sealed bottle or jar.
Is Starbucks Sriracha Sauce spicy?
Yes, Starbucks Sriracha sauce is spicy.
How much is Starbucks Sriracha Sauce?
Starbucks does not sell its Sriracha sauce.
Is Starbucks Sriracha Sauce good?
Yes, it has a sweet, tangy flavor with notes of garlic
Did Starbucks discontinue Sriracha Sauce?
No, Starbucks has not discontinued Sriracha sauce. However, the production of the sauce was suspended due to a pepper shortage.
When did Starbucks introduce Sriracha Sauce?
Starbucks introduced the sauce to its line-up of condiments in 2016.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak.