Do you love grapefruits? If yes, you should consider getting a drink with Starbucks honey pomelo sauce. But what is Starbucks honey pomelo sauce? Read on to find out more!
Starbucks honey pomelo sauce is a Taiwanese grapefruit sauce that is used to flavor beverages like tea. The first time I visited Taiwan, I took my time to find a Starbucks store since I loved black tea from this coffee house. During the summer, someone recommended I get frozen honey ruby grapefruit black tea from the Starbucks store. I was intrigued by this beverage and learned that the honey pomelo sauce was behind its delicious flavor. I started learning more about this sauce and created this post.
Brief history of the sauce
Pomelo refers to the colorful grapefruit that has been cultivated in China for thousands of years. Due to pomelo’s delicious taste and health benefits, experts introduced honey pomelo sauce that people could add to their beverages.
Since Starbucks loves experimenting with different flavors, it started adding honey Pomelo sauce in some teas. This is common in Starbucks stores in Taiwan and is yet to spread to other countries.
Is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce still available at Starbucks?
No. This sauce is not currently available at Starbucks since it is seasonal. It is mostly available during summer. Despite this, you can learn how to make it at home and use it at any time.
Where to buy Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce
The honey pomelo sauce that Starbucks stores in Taiwan have is not available on Amazon. However, you can get it here. Though Starbucks honey Pomelo sauce is unavailable on Amazon, you can get a syrup similar to the Starbucks honey pomelo sauce on Amazon. Check it out here.
Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce (Ingredients, Taste, Calories, name variations)
What’s in a Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce – (ingredients)
This sauce is made up of liquid sugar, grapefruit juice concentrate, pomelo, sugar, honey, flavor, water, sodium benzoate, sucrose fatty acid ester, xanthan gum, and carrageenan. Let’s talk about the major ingredients in this sauce.
- Liquid sugar-This contributes to the flavor of Starbucks honey pomelo sauce and extends its shelf life
- Pomelo- The ingredient gives it a tangy and delicious taste
- Honey-It adds a subtle flavor to this sauce
- Sodium benzoate-This prevents the growth of bacteria in the sauce
- Xanthan gum- This is a thickening agent in Starbucks honey pomelo sauce
Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce: Nutrition & Calories
A bottle of Starbucks honey pomelo sauce contains around 125 calories. It is made up of 31 grams of carbs, 0.1 grams of fat, 0.1 grams of protein, 1.4 mg of sodium, and 29.6 grams of sugar.
So, what does Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce taste like?
This is a sweet-tasting sauce that can give the tea a unique elegance. It is popular for its fruity flavor and its appealing fragrance.
Drinks (or foods) that use Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce
Starbucks honey pomelo sauce can be used to flavor different beverages, including the following.
- Frozen honey ruby grapefruit black tea
- Iced shaken black tea with ruby grapefruit and honey
- Honey ruby grapefruit cold brew
Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce: Other names
Starbucks honey pomelo sauce is also referred to as Starbucks honey red grapefruit sauce.
How to make Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce at home – Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce Copycat Recipe
- Glass jar
- Kitchen scissors
- ½ grapefruit
- Two tablespoons honey
- Start by dividing the grapefruit into small sections
- Use kitchen scissors to get rid of the outer cover of the grapefruit
- You should then use a knife to separate the fleshy part of the fruit from the cover
- Once you have removed all the fleshy parts of the grapefruit and placed them on a saucer, transfer them to a glass jar
- Press down on the fleshy part until it is smooth
- Add two tablespoons of honey to the glass jar and continue pressing down until you achieve the desired consistency
- You can now add the honey pomelo sauce to a beverage.
- Since Starbucks honey pomelo sauce is not a drink but a sauce, you cannot customize it.
- If you make too much of this sauce, store the rest properly to prevent it from spoiling.
How much is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce?
The cost of this sauce varies based on location. It is between $200 and $278.
Is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce vegan?
Yes. This sauce is vegan since it does not have any dairy products.
Is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce sweet?
Yes. This is a sweet sauce that contains honey and grapefruit.
Is Starbucks honey Pomelo Sauce seasonal?
Yes. This sauce is seasonal since it is available at Asian stores for a limited period.
Where can I find Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce on the app?
Starbucks honey pomelo sauce is not easy to find on the app, but you can order it from other online sites.
Is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce good?
Yes. This sauce is good since it is sweet, versatile, and has some health benefits.
Is Starbucks Honey Pomelo Sauce gluten-free?
Yes. Starbucks honey pomelo sauce is gluten-free.