The Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup is among the least known liquid sweeteners at Starbucks. To learn more about this liquid sweetener, continue reading.
The Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup is a liquid sweetener that Starbucks uses mostly in their iced teas and iced tea lemonades. For years, I always thought that Starbucks has only one liquid sweetener until my barista friend told me about the Liquid Cane Sugar syrup. After trying this syrup, I loved its well-balanced sweet taste. So, to learn how you can prepare this syrup at home, keep reading. You will also learn about its ingredients and nutrition.
Brief History of the syrup
Since 1971 when Starbucks started serving iced teas, liquid cane sugar has been used to sweeten these teas. Starbucks Liquid cane sugar originated in Seattle with the introduction of iced teas and iced tea lemonades. In 2012, when Starbucks acquired Teavana, the use of liquid cane sugar became even more widespread.
Is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup still available at Starbucks?
Yes. Starbucks still has the liquid cane sugar syrup and it is used as a liquid sweetener majorly in iced teas and lemonades. If you want your drink sweetened with this syrup at the store, you can simply request your barista to use “Liquid cane sugar” in your beverage instead of other liquid sweeteners.
If you’re ordering from the app, navigate to the customization section and scroll down to “Add-Ins”. Here, you’ll scroll to the “Liquid sweeteners” section and click on “Add liquid cane sugar” and select the number of syrup pumps you’d like. Finish up with other customizations and place your order as normally would.
Where to buy Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup
You can buy the Liquid Cane Sugar syrup either from a Starbucks store or from websites like Amazon. It is, however, not guaranteed that you’ll get the syrup at the store. A barista can only sell you a bottle of Liquid Cane Sugar syrup if they have extra bottles. They cannot sell you the bottle they are using.
Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup (Ingredients, taste, calories, name variations)
What’s in a Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup? – Ingredients
The ingredients in the Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup are;
- Natural flavors: These are used to enhance the taste profile of the syrup
- Turbinado sugar: This is a minimal-processed cane sugar that has large, brown sugar crystals.
- Cane sugar: Starbucks uses pure cane sugar to make its syrup sweet.
- Preservatives (citric acid and potassium sorbate): These prolong the syrup’s shelf life.
Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup: Nutrition and Calories
One pump of the Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup has 10 calories and the other nutritional facts per pump are; 3g of carbs (which is 1% of the percentage daily value), 3g of sugars, 0g of cholesterol, 0g of total fat, 0g of dietary fibre and 0g of proteins.
So, what does Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup taste like?
The Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup is sweet with brown sugar and molasses taste and flavor, respectively. Compared to other liquid sweeteners at Starbucks, this syrup is slightly less sugary.
Drinks that use Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup
Starbucks mainly use this syrup to sweeten iced teas and lemonades. Some of these drinks are;
- Iced black tea
- Iced black tea lemonade
- Iced peach green tea
- Iced peach green tea lemonade
- Iced green tea
- Iced green tea lemonade
- Iced passion tango tea
- Iced passion tango tea lemonade
Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup: Other names
The Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup doesn’t have any other names, people simply refer to it as the “Liquid Cane Sugar”. However, it is mainly confused with the Starbucks Classic syrup. These are two different sweetening syrups with the major difference being their appearance. The Liquid Cane Sugar is brown while the classic syrup is clear.
How to make Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup at home – Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup copycat recipe
Starbucks Liquid Cane Sugar syrup copycat recipe
- 1 cup of filtered water
- ¼ cup of granulated cane sugar
- ¾ cup of turbinado cane sugar
- Into the saucepan, pour both sugars and water and start mixing them over medium heat.
- Mix thoroughly until all the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and let the syrup simmer for about 5 minutes to ensure it thickens nicely.
- After simmering for 5 minutes, remove the syrup from the stove and let it cool and pour it into an airtight jar and store it in the fridge.
- Add one tablespoon of the syrup to your iced teas and enjoy.
- If you prefer a less-rich flavored syrup, use an equal amount of both sugars (1/2 cup each).
- This syrup can be used to sweeten any other drink aside from iced teas and lemonades.
Is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup vegan?
Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup is vegan.
Is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup gluten-free?
Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup is gluten-free.
How much is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup?
A bottle of the Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup is around $32.00
Is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup healthy?
Moderate consumption is fine, however, excess consumption of this syrup can have negative health consequences.
Is Starbucks liquid cane sugar syrup good?
This syrup is sweet, however, since taste is subjective, it is advised you try it to find out if you like it.