💝 Do you love Starbucks frappuccinos? If yes, then you probably know that it is never complete without Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup. Keep reading to learn how to make this syrup at home.
Starbucks has two kinds of Frappuccino base syrups; coffee frappuccino base syrup and crème frappuccino base syrup.
Though Starbucks frappuccino has always been my go-to morning drink, I discovered that I was wasting a lot of money buying it.
Therefore, I started learning how to make it at home. One of the steps that I had to teach myself was how to make the frappuccino base syrup which is its secret ingredient.
My research helped me create a creamy and smooth frappuccino with the base syrup. I decided to share how to make this syrup, so stick around for that and much more!
Table of Contents
Brief History of the Syrup
The Starbucks coffee frappuccino base syrup debuted in the summer of 1995 across the US with the rise of the first two Starbucks frappuccinos; coffee and mocha frappuccinos.
In 2002, the crème frappuccino base syrup was first introduced when Starbucks started serving coffee-free frappuccinos.
Is Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup still available at Starbucks?
🤩 Yes. Starbucks still has the frappuccino base syrup. This base syrup is a crucial ingredient in making their coffee and crème frappuccinos.
Coffee frappuccinos (caffeinated frappuccinos) are prepared with the coffee frappuccino base syrup and crème frappuccinos (coffee-free frappuccinos) are prepared with the crème frappuccino base syrup.
Where to buy Starbucks Frappuccino Base syrup.
You can purchase the Starbucks Frappuccino Base syrup from leading online retail platforms like Amazon. On Amazon, simply search for the kind of frappuccino base syrup you want and purchase. Additionally, you might get this syrup on other sites like eBay and Walmart.
Starbucks Frappuccino Base syrup (Ingredients, taste, calories, name variations)
What’s in a Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup? – Ingredients.
The Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup has the following ingredients.
- Sugar- The ingredient makes the syrup sweet.
- Natural flavor- This enhances the syrup’s flavor
- Salt-This component balances the sweet taste of sugar
- Potassium sorbate- This keeps the syrup fresh for longer
- Xanthan gum- This makes the syrup thicker.
- Citric acid- The ingredient preserves the syrup.
- Water- This makes the syrup more consistent.
- Caffeine- The coffee frappuccino base syrup contains this ingredient which makes it more energizing.
Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup: Nutrition and Calories.
The coffee frappuccino base syrup is not healthy since it adds 20 calories to a Starbucks Frappuccino, which already has 160 calories in a tall cup.
The Frappuccino base syrup has higher calories than other syrup like Starbucks Brown sugar syrup which has only 10.
Its sugar content is also higher than other syrups, including the one I have mentioned, which only has 3g. Therefore, you should avoid adding more than a tablespoon of Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup, especially if you are watching your weight. The extra sugar can lead to weight loss.
🤰 Note that the coffee frappuccino base syrup has some caffeine and is, therefore, not ideal for children or pregnancy. Here are the nutritional details of the Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup.
So, what does Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup taste like?
I cannot get enough of the sweet taste of the Starbucks crème frappuccino base syrup. Since this syrup is lightly flavored, it is not overpowering.
I also enjoy its smooth and creamy consistency, which enhances the quality of my Starbucks frappuccino. It makes my drink feel more like a melted milkshake.
Drinks that use Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup.
Starbucks uses Frappuccino base syrup in all its Frappuccino Blended Beverages. The coffee frappuccino base syrup is used in coffee frappuccinos like;
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino,
- Caramel ribbon crunch Frappuccino
- Espresso Frappuccino
- Caramel Frappuccino
The crème frappuccino base syrup is used in crème frappuccinos like;
- Chai crème frappuccino
- Strawberry crème frappuccino
- Matcha crème frappuccino
- vanilla bean crème frappuccino
Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup: Other names
The Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup is also referred to as the Starbucks frappuccino base sauce. The terms sauce and syrup are used interchangeably.
How to make Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup at home – Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup copycat recipe.
Starbucks Frappuccino base syrup copycat recipe
- A saucepan
- Airtight jar container.
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan powder.
- ¾ cup of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup of water.
- Begin by pouring the sugar and water into your saucepan and place on the stove on low heat to simmer. Let the mixture simmer until all the sugar dissolves completely, then turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Into a blender, pour the cool simple syrup you prepared in step 1, vanilla extract, and xanthan powder and blend until smooth.
- Lastly, pour the smoothly blended mixture into an airtight container. You have successfully made the Starbucks frappuccino base syrup at home. Be sure to stir well before using.This recipe produces 5 servings.
- Although the vanilla extract is optional, it is crucial in adding extra flavor to your frappuccino base syrup. However, if you don’t like vanilla extract, you can use any other natural flavor extract.
- If you want a caffeinated frappuccino base syrup, add an espresso shot into the blender. This frappuccino base syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Is Starbucks Frappuccino Base syrup vegan?
Yes. The Starbucks frappuccino base syrup is vegan as it doesn’t have any animal products.
Is Starbucks frappuccino base syrup gluten-free?
Yes. None of the Starbucks frappuccino base syrup ingredients has gluten.
How much is Starbucks frappuccino base syrup?
Prices may vary slightly depending on where you buy the syrup from. However, a bottle (63fl oz.) goes for around $34.95.
Does Starbucks’ frappuccino base syrup contain dairy?
No. Starbucks frappuccino base syrup is dairy-free.
Is Starbucks frappuccino base syrup caffeinated?
Coffee frappuccino base syrup is caffeinated, while the crème frappuccino base syrup is caffeine-free.
Is Starbucks frappuccino base syrup healthy?
A pump of this syrup has 20 calories so, moderate consumption is fine but excessive consumption is unhealthy.
Is Starbucks frappuccino base syrup good?
This is subjective since taste is personal.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.