Starbucks offers you a wide selection of syrups to flavor your drinks, do you know your favorite yet? Read on to explore the Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup.
I did not know about the Starbucks Marshmallow syrup until my old friend recently hit me up for a drink. She ordered the Starbucks Smores Frappe while I ordered an Iced Latte. She excitedly chatted away, occasionally hinting about how good her drink was. She hinted that a special ingredient- the Starbucks Marshmallow syrup, made all the difference!
Have you ever wondered how the marshmallow syrup is made? Would you like to make some at home? Read on to discover how Starbucks marshmallow syrup is used, and learn an easy home recipe.
Brief History of the Syrup
Marshmallows date back to the 1800s when Marshmallow candy was made from the sap of the Marsh-Mallow Plant. The ancient Egyptians first enjoyed the special treat. Starbucks borrowed inspiration from these ancient people and came up with their marshmallow-flavored syrup. Starbucks has come up with a special recipe that perfectly replicates the distinctive taste of Marshmallows.
Is Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup Still Available At Starbucks?
Yes, the Starbucks Marshmallow syrup is still available. You can request the barista to add it to your favorite beverages. You can also purchase it for your home recipes.
Where to Buy Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup
You can buy the Starbucks Marshmallow Syrups in your nearest Starbucks store. Also, you can find the syrup stocked in most grocery stores. If you prefer to shop online, the syrup is stocked in all the large online stores, including Amazon.
Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup (Ingredients, taste, Calories, Name Variations)
Let us now dive into the details. Here is everything you need to know about this fantastic syrup:
What’s In a Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup- (Ingredients)
What’s actually in Starbucks Marshmallow syrup? According to Starbucks, the ingredients include pure cane sugar, citric acid, Sodium benzoate, natural flavors, water, and Potassium sorbate. It only takes these ingredients to make this syrup. Let us go through each one in detail:
- Pure Cane Sugar: what is a syrup without sugar? Apart from the flavoring, this is the second important ingredient. Starbucks uses high-quality refined sugar for this syrup.
- Citric Acid: citric acid is added to enhance the marshmallow flavor. This is the ingredient that improves the syrup’s distinctive flavor.
- Sodium benzoate and Potassium sorbate: without these two ingredients, the syrup would go bad within a few days! That would be bad, right? These two ingredients are preservatives and added to increase the syrup’s shelf life.
- Natural Flavors: Starbucks ensures that the syrup tastes just like marshmallows. Using a combination of flavors, the main one being vanilla, the coffee giant has successfully provided the perfect syrup.
- Water: Do we need to talk about this too? Well, water is added to give the syrup its characteristic flowing consistency. It makes it easier to pour the syrup into drinks or to mix it in with the whipping cream.
Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup: Nutrition & Calories
It is important always to take note of the nutritional value of everything we consume. Are you excited to discover the nutritional value of Starbucks marshmallow syrup?
The Starbucks marshmallow syrup contains 40 calories per serving of 1 tablespoon. If you are on a diet, adding syrup to one or two drinks will not harm you much. 40 calories are just a fraction of the daily recommendation of 2,000 calories. The table below shows a breakdown of the information;
Calorie Count (Out of 2,000 calories daily intake)
Total Fat (0g)
Total carbohydrates (19g)
So, what does Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup taste like?
It tastes just like marshmallows but a little sweeter. When added to coffee-based drinks, the resulting flavor blend is rich. You do not want to miss out!
Drinks that use Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup
Now you have your marshmallow syrup with you, what drinks can you add it into? Borrowing ideas from the Starbucks’ menu, the drinks you can make using this syrup include:
- Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino
- Toasted Marshmallow Cold Brew
- Toasted Marshmallow White Mocha Latte
However, you are not limited. You can use the syrup to flavor a drink of choice.
Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup: Other Names
Unfortunately, there is no other name for this syrup. If you like it, you can have a fun name for it; just between you and your friends.
How to Make Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup at Home- Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup Copycat Recipe
- Metal strainer
- Airtight bottle
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Ten large marshmallows
- Add the sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it boils, simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Make sure all the sugar dissolves.
- Skewer the marshmallows and toast them over the burner flame until brown.
- Add the toasted marshmallows to the syrup and stir for 3 minutes. Ensure all marshmallows are dissolved.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir until thoroughly mixed
- Store the syrup in an airtight bottle and store it in the fridge. It will last up to a month.
Is Starbucks Marshmallow syrup vegan?
Yes, Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup is vegan. It contains no dairy.
Is Starbucks Marshmallow syrup gluten-free?
Yes, Starbucks marshmallow syrup contains no gluten.
How much is Starbucks Marshmallow syrup?
A liter of Starbucks Marshmallow syrup costs around $50.
Is Starbucks Marshmallow syrup healthy?
Yes, it is healthy. It contains only 40 calories per tablespoon which is only a tiny fraction of the recommended daily calorie intake.
Does Starbucks Marshmallow syrup go well with hot drinks?
Absolutely. When added to hot drinks, the result is a burst of great flavors.
Is Starbucks Marshmallow Syrup good?
Yes, it is good. If you love the taste of marshmallows, you will love it.