If you’ve had a Nescafe Frappe in a coffee shop and are wondering, “Can you make Nescafe Frappe at home?” keep reading to find out.
Yes, you can make a Nescafe Frappe at home with a few easy-to-find ingredients and equipment you most probably already have in your kitchen. A few days before COVID hit, I enjoyed a frosty and refreshing coffee frappe at a local coffee shop, which I later learned was a Nescafe Frappe. Fast forward about a month after this delightful experience, a lockdown was in place, all coffee shops were shut, and I was craving this frappe.
After consulting with several baristas and doing extensive research, I learned how to prepare the Nescafe Frappe at home, and I was pleased that it tasted just like the one prepared in a coffee shop. If you’d like to learn the Nescafe Frappe recipe, know its ingredients, and the equipment needed to make it, read ahead.
What is in Nescafe Frappe? (Ingredients)
A Nescafe Frappe has sugar, Nescafe Instant Coffee powder, ice cubes, a flavoring syrup or extract like vanilla, milk, sugar, hot water, and cold milk. The amount of these ingredients you will use to prepare your Nescafe Frappe will depend on the number of servings you’re targeting.
For a standard Nescafe Frappe serving of one, you’ll require the following;
- 1/3 cup of cold whole milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla syrup/extract
- 1 teaspoon of Nescafe Instant Espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 10 ice cubes
Note that since this is an at-home recipe, there are no restrictions to what ingredients you can use. You can include an ingredient you love to have in your frappes, or you think will blend well with this recipe. Also, you can eliminate or replace an ingredient you don’t enjoy that has been included in the list provided.
What equipment do you need to make a Nescafe Frappe?
Thankfully, a Nescafe Frappe prepared at home doesn’t need fancy equipment. The only equipment you’ll need is a blender, but make sure the blender is powerful enough to crush the ice cubes. Alternatively, if you own a Greek frappe mixer or a drink mixer, you can also use that one. Since the milk in this recipe doesn’t have to be frothed, like most frappe recipes, a handheld or electric milk frother isn’t needed. A blender is all you need to enjoy a Nescafe Frappe.
What is the recipe for making a Nescafe Frappe?
To make a Nescafe Frappe, follow the following steps;
- Mix the Nescafe Instant Espresso powder with the hot water and pour the mixture into the blender. Add the granulated sugar to the coffee mixture, place the blender lid tightly and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add the ice cubes to the mixture, place the lid back and pulse for about a minute until all the ice cubes are perfectly crushed.
- Into the blender, pour the vanilla syrup/extract and milk and pulse for another minute until the mixture is fluffy and perfectly combined.
- Serve the Nescafe Frappe in a cappuccino mug or any other glass, and enjoy.
- It’s important to know that you can use heavy cream instead of whole milk for a fluffier, richer, and thicker frappe. If you prefer a non-dairy frappe, almond or oat milk will still work for this recipe.
- If you’d like, top your Nescafe Frappe with a squirt of whipped cream for an appealing presentation and extra flavor and texture. Also, for chocolate lovers, you can drizzle a tablespoon of chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream for extra sweetness and rich chocolate flavors and enjoy the yummy coffee and chocolate flavor combo.
- Instead of sugar, you can use honey to sweeten your Nescafe Frappe.
- Feel free to use any instant coffee powder you have at home but know that for an authentic Nescafe Frappe taste and flavor, you’ll have to use the Nescafe Instant Espresso powder.
How long does it take to make a Nescafe frappe?
A Nescafe Frappe needs a maximum of 10 minutes to prepare.
Can you make gluten-free Nescafe frappe?
Yes, you can make a gluten-free Nescafe Frappe by ensuring your sweetener is gluten-free. All the ingredients listed in this post are gluten-free, including the coffee powder.
Can you make a Nescafe frappe using hot milk?
Yes, you can also make your frappe with hot milk, but cold milk is preferred for a better frappe texture.
Can you make Nescafe frappe using plant-based milk?
Yes, you can make a Nescafe Frappe with plant-based milk but know that it won’t be as fluffy and thick as a frappe made with dairy. Almond and oat milk are the best options for this recipe.