We would all love to enjoy a sweet cold drink in this summer heat. Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino has got you covered. Read this article to find out more about it.
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino is a rich and tasty beverage that is made using Tim Hortons’ special ingredients. I discovered this drink during my summer trip to Miami. I visited one of the Tim Hortons stores and requested the barista to whip me up the best cold drink on the menu. He made me their signature Iced Cappuccino, and I fell in love with it. After doing a lot of research, I finally found a simple way to make it at home. Read this article to find the recipe and all the relevant details about the drink.
Brief History of the drink
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino was created in the year 1999. It was crafted as a blended frozen coffee beverage created with Tim Hortons’ signature cream and coffee. Ever since, it has evolved with limited editions and signature flavors that suit the customers’ taste buds and leave them craving for more. It has also become the ultimate summer Canadian beverage.
Is Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino still available at Tim Hortons?
Yes, Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino is still available at Tim Hortons. However, there was a time when a supply problem briefly pulled the Iced Cappuccino from some restaurants. This was because there was a batch that had a different taste profile from what they usually make. This problem was later fixed.
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, Dairy Content)
What’s in a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino – (ingredients)
What is actually in a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino? According to their website, they list the ingredients in their Iced Cappuccino as follows: Cane sugar, Real Tim Hortons Coffee, Real Cream, Real Milk, and Natural Flavors. It only takes five ingredients to make Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino. Let’s elaborate on each one of them.
- Cane Sugar: Cane Sugar adds a sweet taste to your Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino.
- Real Tim Hortons Coffee: It adds an extraordinary coffee taste to your Iced Cappuccino. It tastes better than ordinary coffee.
- Real Cream: Tim Hortons uses Cream such as whipped Cream and cheese to add creaminess and thickness to your drink.
- Real Milk: Like Real Cream, Real Milk is also used to add a creamy taste to your drink. It also boosts the flavor of your Iced Cappuccino.
- Natural Flavors: They are used to give your drink a sweeter taste.
Tim Hortons uses a certain proportion of all these ingredients to whip up the perfect Iced Cappuccino that will leave you craving more.
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine, Dairy Content & Calories
What sizes are available
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino comes in three different sizes. These sizes include the Small size that holds 12 fl oz, the Medium size that holds 16 fl oz, and the large size that holds 20 fl oz of your Iced Cappuccino. If you are ordering the Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino for the first time, the medium size would be the best option.
The table below represents nutrition facts of the Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino
|Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)||421|
|Nutritional value (16 fl oz)||% daily value|
|Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 17g
Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrates 51g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino is not a healthy drink for people on a strict diet. Nutrients such as fats and its 420 calories make it unhealthy. This breakdown of Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino will assist you in working out the healthiest choice.
There is approximately 80mg of caffeine in a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino. The cheapest cappuccino or coffee at Tim Hortons contains the most caffeine. The caffeine content of Iced Cappuccinos at Tim Hortons varies depending on the amount of coffee used, and the size ordered. This drink is perfect for people who prefer caffeinated drinks. However, it is unsuitable for kids.
Tim Hortons uses 2% milk to make their Iced Cappuccino. Their main dairy ingredient is their signature cream. There are other alternative dairy options that you can choose from. The following are some of the other dairy options you can select for your Iced Cappuccino that is available at Tim Hortons:
- Chocolate Milk
- Chobani Oat Beverage
- Silk Almond Beverage
- Skim Milk
So, what does Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino taste like?
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino has a sweet and creamy taste. The taste also has a hint of coffee to it. To get a better-tasting experience that will leave you craving for more, you can request your barista to increase the concentration of ingredients in your Iced Cappuccino. For instance, increasing the concentration of Tim Hortons Coffee in your Iced Cappuccino will give it a more coffee-like taste, and increasing the concentration of Cane Sugar will give it a sweeter taste.
Ways to Customize a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino at Tim Hortons – Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino Variations
The following are ways you can customize your Iced Cappuccino at Tim Hortons:
- Mix flavors– You can mix available flavors, such as Vanilla and Caramel, to give your drink a unique flavor.
- Ask for an extra shot of espresso– This will give your drink some extra perks.
- Customize your milk preference– You can choose the type and the amount of milk you want in your Iced Cappuccino. For instance, you can ask for chocolate milk instead of Cream and white milk.
- Add cold foam– It gives your Iced Cappuccino a better flavor.
- Ask for a different type of sweetener– Since Tim Hortons uses natural flavors instead of Cane Sugar, you can request your drink to be made with substitute sweeteners such as Splenda and SweetMonk.
- Request for your drink to be shaken– If you want the ingredients to mix properly, you can request that your drink be properly shaken.
- Ask for light ice– To avoid your drink having less fluid and more ice, you can request the barista to add light ice.
- Add toppings– You can ask for toppings such as Chocolate Timbit to give your Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino a better appearance and taste.
How to make Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino at home – Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino Copycat Recipe
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino Copycat Recipe
- A blender that is of high quality
- 5 oz. brewed coffee
- 12 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of Cream
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- Mix: Mix vanilla, hot coffee, and brown sugar in a cup.
- Stir: Stir the mixture above until all the sugar has properly dissolved.
- Add the Cream: Add Cream to the mixture and let it cool for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Blend: Add the mixture and ice cubes to the blender and blend for approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve: Pour your mixture into a glass and enjoy your drink.
- If you use a high-speed blender, ensure you pulse the mixture to avoid liquifying the ice.
- You can substitute brown sugar with maple syrup.
- You can use caramel extract instead of vanilla extract, or you can opt to use both.
- The blender you choose should be able to handle plenty of ice cubes.
- You can use canned premium coconut milk for a dairy-free version.
How to order a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino
To order Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino, you need to:
- Download the Tim Hortons app onto your Android or iPhone if you haven’t downloaded it.
- Sign up and log in to the account
- Choose your preferred payment method and load money onto the app
- Select the pickup location of your preference
- Place and customize your Iced Cappuccino order
- Track and pick up your order once it has been delivered.
Is the Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino good?
Yes, the Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino is good.
How much is the Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino?
The Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino costs $2.49 for the small size, $2.99 for the medium size, and $3.49 for the large size.
Why did Tim Hortons recall Iced Capps?
Tim Hortons recalled Iced Capps due to a supply problem in which a batch had a different flavor profile than their standards.
Is there coffee in Tim Hortons Iced Capps?
Yes, there is coffee in Tim Hortons Iced Capps.
How much sugar is in a Tim Hortons Iced Capp?
There are approximately 47 grams of sugar in Tim Hortons Iced Capps.
Did Tim Hortons change their Iced Capp recipe?
No, Tim Hortons did not change their Iced Capp recipe.