Tik Tok has continued to take Starbucks by storm with its new inventions and additions to the Starbucks secret menu. In this post, we are going to look at Starbucks sunset refresher, one of Tik Tok’s creations.
The sunset refresher derives its name from the ombre sunset look created by the colors of its ingredients. I have come to enjoy this mango dragon fruit refresher upgrade since I learned about it. There is something about the dragon fruit and peaches in one cup; it is magical just like watching the sunset. It has also made me an avid Tik Tok fan, something I had sworn to never become. As they say, ‘never say never’. I would recommend this ombre sensation to anyone who likes the good things in life.
Brief History of the Drink
The Starbucks sunset refresher has its origin on Tik Tok. The drink went viral in August 2021 and it keeps getting popular by the day. I learned about it from a friend who told me that if I hadn’t tried the latest Starbucks sunset drink, then I needed to start making different life choices. Why all the buzz for a Starbucks drink? I decided to order and see and I don’t remember opening my eyes until the last drop. It is fresh, fun, and fruity and it gives you the vibes of a beautiful sunset.
Is the Starbucks Sunset Refresher still available at Starbucks?
Yes, indeed. This drink is only available to those who know how to order it. If you decide to surprise the barista with your discovery, chances are you’ll walk out of that Starbucks store empty-handed. As we all know, Starbucks has an official menu that it trains its baristas to make. The secret menu is a customization of the official menu. The way around this is to place your order step by step. If you keep reading, you will soon find out how.
Starbucks Sunset Refresher(Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Size, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks Sunset Refresher?- (Ingredients)
The sunset refresher is the modification of the official Starbucks mango dragon fruit lemonade. The drink adds peach juice and iced herbal tea to the mango dragon fruit refresher. The layered drink is what you need to feel cool and refreshed all day long.
- Mango dragon fruit refresher: This is what you will find on the Starbuck menu. Everything else is added according to your order. This drink is tropical-inspired and it comprises sweet mango, white grape juice, sugar, and natural green coffee extract.
- Peach Juice: This juice can be made using ripe peaches in a blender. You can use water or skip it according to the consistency that you desire. For a homemade experience, you can opt for a ready-made Ceres peach juice.
- Iced herbal tea: This is simply iced green tea. This green tea is available in green tea bags and is made with lemonade and water. This is what makes the sunset drink a double caffeinated drink when combined with the green coffee extract.
Starbucks Sunset Refresher: Sizes, Nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
The sunset drink is available in the same sizes as other Starbucks official refreshers. You will find it in Tall (12 fluid ounces), (Grande 16 fluid ounces), (Venti 20 fluid ounces), and Trenta (30 fluid ounces). All these names have an Italian origin and they simply denote the respective sizes of the drinks. A tall is a normal-sized cup while a Grande means large. Venti and Trenta servings are the largest cups that you will find at Starbucks.
All Starbucks refreshers have varying nutritional facts depending on the ingredients that are used. In our sunset refresher, a Grande serving will give you 90 calories. This is a moderate level as it makes up for 4% of the daily value. The carbs don’t look bad either. They are a clean 21 grams, coming in at 7% of the daily value. The sugar is at 19 grams, making a decent 30% of the daily value. The sunset refresher is not overly sweetened; the iced tea is sugar-free, making it a great option for a moderate sugar day. I would take this drink without any fear of health risks. The fruits and the tea infusions all make up one healthy and tasty drink. Let’s look at the nutritional facts in summary.
|Calorie count (out of 2,000 calories daily intake)||90|
|Nutrient Content (per Grande serving)||% of Daily Value|
|Total Fat (0g)
Trans Fat (0.0g)
Saturated Fat (0g)
|Total carbohydrates (21g)
All caffeinated drinks have varying caffeine content depending on the source of the caffeine and the size of the drink. The Starbucks sunset refresher is double caffeinated due to the green coffee and green tea additives. Iced green tea will give you 25mg of caffeine in a Grande serving. The green coffee extract has an average caffeine content of 20mg. This is because, unlike other roasted coffees, this type is unroasted and refined making its caffeine content significantly low.
So, what does Sunset refresher taste like?
This flavor will give you a mix of mango, peach, and a dash of strawberries. This is the tropical sunset in a cup. The look and colors displayed by this drink complement its magnificent taste. This is a real treat to your mouth. I’ll have you know that this drink might not be a gift to the sweet teeth. The iced tea is unsweetened; most of its sugars are natural, but there is always a way around this, and it’s pretty simple. Just add your choice of sweetener to your preferred taste.
Ways to Customize Starbucks Sunset Refresher- Sunset Refresher Variations
The fact that you can customize a Starbucks official drink to suit your taste is what keeps Starbucks at the top. The sunset refresher was birthed through the customization of the mango dragon fruit refresher. It is possible to customize the sunset drink further by adding more fruits and peaches as you would wish. The simplest way is to ask for a cool lime refresher in one part and lemonade in part. To with up with iced black tea.
Some people have preferred to use the Starbucks passion tango tea for a hint of the passion flavor and a boost of caffeine. This works out quite well. The passion flavor infuses well with peach and mango. You can also introduce pineapple syrup and still enjoy a luxurious flavor.
How to make Starbucks Sunset Refresher at Home-Starbucks Sunset Refresher Copycat Recipe
- Fizzio machine
- Measuring cup
- 2 Saucepans
- Acai powder
- 2 pumps of Mango syrup/ 2 fresh ripe mangos
- 2 pumps of peach juice/2 ripe peaches
- ¾ tsp Natural green coffee extract
- Green Tea
- Cu the strawberries into pieces and toss them in the blender. Add a ¼ cup of water and blend till it’s smooth. Add the acai powder and mix well. Rinse the blender and pour the mixture into a pitcher.
- If you opt to make your mango syrup, peel the two mangoes, slice them, and toss them into the blender. Add ¼ cup of water and blend till smooth. Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add sugar and place it on medium heat till all the sugar is melted. Add green coffee extract and let it cool.
- If you opt to make your peach syrup, peel the ripe peaches and remove all the seeds. Cut it into pieces and toss it into the blender with a quarter cup of water. Blend till it’s smooth. Pour the mixture into a clean saucepan, place it under medium heat and add sugar. Stir occasionally until all sugar is melted. Add green tea powder and let it cool.
- In a Venti cup, add your strawberry acai to the first line. Add water to the third line, Add two pumps of mango syrup and 2 pumps of peach syrup. Fizz the drink with your fizzy machine (This is optional) and then pour on ice in a glass.
How do you order Starbucks Sunset Refresher?
Ask the barista for a mango dragon fruit refresher without the dragon fruit powder, add 2 pumps of peach juice, and passion tango tea.
Are Starbucks Sunset Refreshers healthy?
Yes, they are. The calories and carbs are significantly low and have loads of vitamins.
How much is Starbucks sunset refresher?
A Grande serving of the sunset refresher will cost you $ 5.85.