If you love your drink with a fruity taste, try Starbucks the wired zombie. If you are still wondering what the wired zombie is, read on to find out more about it.
Halloween season has never been the same since I discovered the wired zombie drink offered at Starbucks. I got to know this drink through my cousin, who loves peculiar things and has a unique preference and perspective on everything, even food, and drinks.
When he introduced me to this drink last Halloween, I was skeptical about trying it out due to its ‘weird’ appearance (but I guess that’s what makes it a Halloween drink). However, once I took the first sip, I never ordered any other drink during Halloween. Recently, I discovered that you could order this drink even when it’s not Halloween season using the Starbucks secret menu website.
A brief history of the wired zombie
The wired zombie was introduced at Starbucks on October 26, 2017, as a seasonal drink. This drink was introduced alongside other zombies Frappuccinos like the Franken Fraps. When this drink was first introduced at Starbucks, it used the Valencia orange refresher as a base drink. However, Starbucks discontinued the Valencia orange refresher in 2015. This does not mean this drink is unavailable; you can enjoy it while using the cool lime refresher or the strawberry acai refresher as a base drink.
Starbucks The Wired Zombie Overview
What is in a Starbucks? The Wired Zombie – (ingredients)
According to the Starbucks secret menu website, this drink is a blend of Strawberry acai, light lemonade, matcha green tea powder, classic syrup, and topped with raspberry syrup. You can also decide to use the cool lime refresher instead of strawberry acai.
- Strawberry acai base– when you order the wired zombie with strawberry acai as the base drink, this ingredient is used to give Starbucks strawberry drink its identity.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – these freeze-dried strawberries are used to deepen the strawberry taste of this drink.
- Ice– ice gives this drink its cold temperature, which is key when enjoyed on a hot afternoon.
- Matcha green powder– not only does this ingredient contribute to the weird appearance of the wired zombie, but it also balances out this drink’s sweet, fruity taste.
- Classic syrup– the classic syrup enhances the sweet taste of the wired zombie.
- Raspberry syrup – this syrup adds flavor to this fruity drink.
- Light lemonade – Starbucks adds light lemonade without water to this drink to balance out the taste of these ingredients.
Starbucks the wired zombie: sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Starbucks offers the wired zombie in four sizes; a tall, a grande, a venti, and the largest being a Trenta serving.
Though the nutritional information of the wired zombie is not public, the strawberry acai used as a base when making it has 90 calories, 0 grams of fat, 20 grams of sugars, 23 grams of total carbs, and 15mg of sodium. The same serving has no cholesterol and also no protein content. This is a healthy drink, as its calories are below 100. The carbs and sugars are in moderation and can be consumed without adverse health effects.
All refreshers at Starbucks have 45 mg of caffeine; this is not different from the wired zombie as it uses refresher drinks as the base. This is a moderate caffeine content that will not give you undesirable caffeine jitters.
So, what does Starbucks, the weird zombie taste like?
Contrary to how it appears, this drink is surprisingly delicious. The slightly sour taste from the lemonade and the matcha green tea powder is balanced with the strawberry, raspberry, and classic syrup.
Ways to customize the weird zombie at Starbucks
The first way to customize this drink is by deciding which base drink you want to go with. This drink’s taste and nutritional information will change depending on the base drink you choose, either strawberry acai or a cool lime refresher. Additionally, you can sweeten this drink by adding the sweeteners of your preferences to it. You can also change the arrangement of ingredients while it is being prepared to achieve a slightly different taste.
How to make Starbucks the wired zombie at home – Starbucks the wired zombie Copycat recipe
Starbucks the wired zombie Copycat recipe
- Electronic whisk
- Passion fruit juice
- White grape juice
- Citric acid
- Freeze-dried strawberry
- Raspberry syrup
- Classic syrup
- Matcha green tea powder
- First, you must ensure that all the ingredients are dissolved; you can use the electronic whisk to achieve this.
- You can either put all of them in a blender and blend or put them in a bowl until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- You can serve your wired zombie over a glass with ice and top it with frozen strawberries.
- You can drink your drink warm if you do not like it cold. You can also choose to refrigerate it instead of using ice.
- All the strawberries mentioned above can be easily bought at a grocery or online store. However, you can make your variations at home if you have time and ingredients.
- You can add more sweeteners to this drink to achieve your desired sweetness.
How do you order the wired zombie from the Starbucks app?
To order this drink via the app, search for the strawberry acai first. Then request light lemonade, matcha green tea, classic syrup, and raspberry syrup to be added.
Is the Starbucks the wired zombie still available?
Yes, the wired zombie syrup is still available despite the discontinued Valencia orange refresher.
Does Starbucks have the wired zombie all year round?
Yes, though this drink is a season, it can be ordered all year round as its ingredients are readily available.
Is Starbucks the wired zombie healthy?
Yes, Starbucks the wired zombie is healthy as it has a low calorie and carb and no cholesterol content.
How much is the Starbucks the wired zombie?
Starbucks barista will determine the price of the wired zombie depending on the base drink you decide to go with.
Is the wired zombie from Starbucks good?
Yes, the wired zombie is so nutritious and delicious.