If you are fun of whipping cream, you will definitely love Starbucks the Bomb Frappuccino; let us see how you can make it at home.
I came across this drink rather by accident. I was out with a friend, and we decided to get a few drinks at Starbucks. As a dare, we decided that we would drink anything the other person ordered for us. He decided to order me The Bomb Frappuccino, which I loved. I had to find out what goes into it. Read on to get a simple copycat recipe.
Brief history of the drink
Starbucks has had frappuccinos on its menu for the longest time ever. Since 1995 when they were first introduced to the market, they have been a favorite for many Starbucks customers. As the years went by, Starbucks has added new exciting flavors to its menu, and The Bomb Frappuccino is, without a doubt, among the best.
Is Starbucks Bomb Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
If you go to any Starbucks shop, you will get The Bomb Frappuccino; however, you will have to instruct the barista on how to make it, as this Frappuccino is not as famous as some of its counterparts. The fact that it is a secret menu item makes it even more unique.
Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino Overview
What’s in Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino – (ingredients)
What’s in The Bomb Frappuccino? Here is a list of the ingredients that are used in The Bomb Frappuccino
- Heavy whipping cream: this sounds like an odd ingredient, but Starbucks uses heavy whipping cream that is yet to be whipped, making for a creamier Frappuccino.
- Ice: Starbucks uses ice in all their Frappuccino, and this is not an exception to that since the ice gives the drink a fantastic texture.
- Caramel sauce adds the sweetness that is much needed in the drink, as well as a subtle toffee flavor.
- Espresso shot: this is added to give the drink some caffeine and to cut down on the heaviness of the cream.
Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino: sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
The Bomb Frappuccino is available in; a short cup (at 8 fluid ounces), a venti cup (at 24 fluid ounces), a Grande cup (at 16 fluid ounces), and a tall cup (at 12 fluid ounces).
This is a close estimate of the nutrients found in The Bomb Frappuccino; you should know that it is not a healthy drink; hence do not consume it regularly.
|Calorie Content 424||Number of calories from fat 180|
|Nutrient content (per Grande cup)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat 30 g
Trans fat 1 g
Saturated fat 29 g
|Total carbohydrates 44 g
Sugar 36 g
Dietary fiber 4 g
|Cholesterol 69mg||22 %|
The amount of caffeine in this Frappuccino is meager since Starbucks only uses a single espresso shot to make the drink. It contains 75mg of caffeine.
So, what does Starbucks’ The Bomb Frappuccino taste like?
The taste of this drink is rather hard to explain as the heaviness of the whipping cream takes over the entire drink. However, it has a rich, creamy taste from the whipping cream. The shot of espresso adds a much-needed bitter flavor profile, while the caramel sauce ties the Frappuccino together by adding some sweetness.
Ways to Customize Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks THE BOMB FRAPPUCCINO variations
Only two variations can be made to this Frappuccino; by substituting the whipping cream for plant-based milk and choosing the sugar-free version of the caramel sauce.
How to make Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino at home – Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- French press
- A tall glass
- Heavy whipping cream
- Caramel sauce
- Brew your desired amount of espresso and set aside.
- Add the ice and whipping cream to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour some caramel sauce into the cup and pour the blended mixture in.
- Add one shot of espresso and enjoy the Frappuccino
- For a richer caramel taste, make your caramel sauce by melting sugar in a pot until brown and adding double the amount of cream.
How do you order The Bomb Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
- Order hot chocolate
- Add one pump of vanilla syrup
- Add two pumps of mocha sauce
- Submit Order
Is the Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino still available?
Yes, it is. You can order it from any Starbucks store.
Does Starbucks have The Bomb Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, it is since it is not a seasonal menu item.
Is the Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino healthy?
The Bomb Frappuccino is not healthy.
How much is the Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino Frappuccino?
The Bomb Frappuccino retails at $ 4.86
Is Starbucks The Bomb Frappuccino good?
Yes, that is if you like a heavy creamy flavor.