This article will provide all the relevant information you need to know about Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino. The information will help you with your purchasing decisions and teach you how to make it at home.
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino is an evolution of the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino that contains berries and cream. I decided to try one drink from the Starbucks Secret menu and picked the Stardust Frappuccino. I instantly fell in love with its milky and fruity taste. This article will give you detailed information about the drink that will help you know more about it. It is important to note that it is a bit pricy.
A brief history of the drink
A concentrate that Starbucks uses in its ice cream and Frappuccinos were developed by Valencia. In 2007, before Valencia died of cancer, Schultz visited him in the hospital and told him that his instant coffee ‘Stardust’ was finally going to be unfolded. After that, Stardust was introduced to the Starbucks menu.
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino Overview
What’s in a Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino- (ingredients)
What is actually in Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino? According to their website, they list the ingredients in their Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino as follows: Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, Blackberries, and Sangria. It only takes three ingredients to make Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino. Let’s talk about each one.
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino: A cream-based Frappuccino gives your Stardust Frappuccino a thick taste of vanilla milkshake.
- Blackberries: Blackberries give the Stardust Frappuccino a tart flavor.
- Sangria: It gives your drink a cold fruit juice taste with herbaceous seasonings and fruit.
Starbucks uses a certain proportion of each ingredient to obtain the perfect drink that suits the consumer’s needs.
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
- Tall– It is the second smallest size available at Starbucks and the smallest on the regular menu. The tall size is 50% larger than the short and holds 12 ounces. This is the same as 2 cups of a Standard 6-ounce coffee. You can order hot and cold Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino in a tall cup.
- Grande – As the name suggests, ‘Grande’ means large in Spanish. However, when it comes to Starbucks, Grande is a medium option. Each Starbucks Grande holds the same volume. It holds 16 ounces for your hot or cold Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino. Grande is the best size to order your Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino when it is hot.
- Venti – Venti means 20 in Italian. It holds 20 ounces for your hot Stardust Frappuccino and 24 ounces for a cold Stardust Frappuccino at Starbucks. The main reason venti hot is smaller than venti-cold is that venti-cold is served with ice. Therefore, you are served the same beverage amount plus room for ice.
The Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino is among the unhealthy drinks. With 320 calories, 42g of carbs, and 37g of sugar, this should not be a daily drink. Although it lacks cholesterol, the fats are still high. Below is a summary of the nutritional facts.
|Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)||320|
|Nutritional value (16 fl oz)||% daily value|
|Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 10g
|Total Carbohydrates 42g
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino has about 0 milligrams of caffeine. This is because the ingredients used to make the drink have no caffeine. It is also a perfect drink and a must-try for people who prefer drinks with little or no caffeine.
So, what does Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino taste like?
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino has a milky and fruity taste. If you wish to enhance the flavor, you should request your barista to increase the concentration of the ingredients in your Stardust Frappuccino. For instance, increasing the concentration of Sangria in your drink will give it a more fruity taste.
Ways to Customize a Stardust Frappuccino at Starbucks
- Try a different sweetener substitute– If you can’t have sugar, Starbucks suggests you substitute it with something sweet like Stevia Blend from Whole Earth or Sweet’N low.
- Ask for a ‘skinny’ alternative- When you request ‘skinny,’ your drink will be made with sugar-free syrup, nonfat milk, and no whipped cream.
- Request for your drink to be shaken– If you are unsure whether it has been blended properly, you can ask for it to be shaken.
- Request for the syrup to be added to your drink– If you find that your Stardust Frappuccino has a bland taste, you can request your barista to add syrup to it to give it a more sugary taste.
- Go from iced to hot and vice versa– You can request your cold drink to be heated up and your hot drink to cooled depending on what you find best.
- Ask for light ice with your Frappuccino– This prevents your Stardust Frappuccino from being watered down and gives it a lot more flavor.
How to make Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- 3 Glass jar
- 1 cup of milk
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Blackberries
- Blend blackberries: Add 1 cup of blackberries, vanilla extract, and Sangria on top into a blender and blend them. Then pour it into a glass jar.
- Seclude milk: Pour 1 cup of milk into a separate glass jar.
- Blend cream: Put Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and ice into a blender, blend until it mixes uniformly, and then pour it into a glass jar.
- Mix: Mix all of them in a glass, and your drink is ready to go.
- You can add sugar if you want a sweeter taste.
- You can use either regular milk or plant base milk.
How do you order Stardust Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
To order Stardust Frappuccino from the Starbucks app, you need to:
- Download the latest Starbucks app if you don’t already have it, and set up your Starbucks Rewards Account.
- Open the app after you are through with installing it.
- Select ‘Stardust Frappuccino’ as your order.
- Choose your preferred pick-up location.
- Place your order and wait for it to be delivered to your location.
Is the Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino still available?
Yes, Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino is still available.
Does Starbucks have Stardust Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, Starbucks has Stardust Frappuccino all year round.
Is the Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino healthy?
Yes, Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino is healthy.
How much is the Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino?
Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino costs $5.2.
Is Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino Good?
Yes, Starbucks Stardust Frappuccino is good.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.