If you love a combination of chocolate and mint flavors, then try out the Starbucks peppermint Pattie Frappuccino. Read on to learn more about this drink and how to order it.
I recently learned about peppermint Pattie Frappuccino, my favorite drink at the coffee house. I love this secret menu drink mainly because of its rich, sweet chocolate taste with hints of mint. Additionally, this drink has a creamy texture, and lovers of vanilla flavor will love it as it has rich vanilla notes. I even learned how to make it at home. Keep reading to get a simple recipe and facts about the drink.
A brief history of the drink
The peppermint Pattie Frappuccino is a blend of java chips, peppermint syrup, and vanilla bean Frappuccino. The vanilla bean Frappuccino, the base drink of this beverage, was introduced at the coffee chain in 1995. On the other hand, the peppermint syrup used in this drink was introduced at the coffee chain in 2002.
Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino overview
What’s in Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino? – (Ingredients)
According to Starbucks’ secret menu website, the Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino is a blend of vanilla bean Frappuccino, java chips, and peppermint syrup and served in a cup lightly coated with mocha drizzles on the sides. This drink is topped with mocha drizzle and whipped cream.
- Peppermint syrup – this syrup gives this drink its identity and mint note flavor in it.
- Java chips – the java chips give the Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino a thick consistency and enhance its chocolate flavor.
- Whipped cream – this cream gives this drink a creamy texture and smooth finish.
- Mocha drizzles – Starbucks garnishes its peppermint Pattie Frappuccino with these drizzles, enhancing the chocolate flavor in this drink.
- Ice – ice cools this drink, making it enjoyable on a hot afternoon.
- Milk – Starbucks uses whole milk to make its peppermint Pattie Frappuccino which gives it a creamy texture.
- Vanilla bean powder – vanilla bean powder used in this drink gives it a sweet taste and flavor,
- Crème Frappuccino syrup – Starbucks uses crème Frappuccino syrup in all its crème based Frappuccinos to give then their identity.
Starbuck Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Starbucks offers this drink in three sizes, a tall, grande, and a venti. When ordering a venti size, ask your barista to use 1.5 pumps of peppermint syrup, 2.5 pumps for a Grande serving, and 3.5 for a venti. Additionally, it is essential to note that the nutritional content of this drink varies from size to size.
Though Starbucks has not availed the nutritional facts of this drink, Frappuccinos are generally unhealthy as they tend to have high caffeine and calorie content. The nutritional information of the Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino mentioned in this drink is an estimate calculated from its ingredients.
|Nutritional value||Daily Value|
|Total fat 16 grams
Saturated fat 10 grams
|Total carbohydrates 53 grams
Sugars 52 grams
|Sodium 250 mg||11%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17%|
|Protein 5 grams|
This drink has no caffeine content. This is because the ingredients used to make it are free from caffeine. You can, however, add espresso shots to your drink to increase its caffeine content.
So, what does Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino taste like?
The peppermint Pattie Frappuccino has an almost similar taste to the peppermint bark Frappuccino, but this drink has a rich chocolate taste. The java chips used in this drink enhance the chocolate flavor in it. The taste profile of this drink is a perfect combination of mint and chocolate, but with chocolate being richer and the mint enhancing the overall flavor of the drink.
Ways to customize a peppermint Pattie Frappuccino at Starbucks
To increase the caffeine content of your drink, you can have it dirty by adding espresso shots. You can also reduce the calorie content of this drink by ditching the whipped cream and substituting whole milk with non-fat or plant-based milk. Starbucks also allows you to sweeten this drink more by adding the sweeteners of your choice.
How to make Starbucks peppermint Pattie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
- Chocolate chips/java chips
- Peppermint syrup
- Vanilla bean powder
- Whipped cream
- Crème Frappuccino syrup
- Whipped cream
- To make this drink, blend crème Frappuccino syrup, milk, vanilla bean powder, peppermint syrup, and chocolate chips or java chips in a blender until the consistency of the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass over ice.
- Top your drink with chocolate chips and whipped cream. Enjoy!
- You can use vanilla extract in place of vanilla bean powder.
- You can also use any milk, as you are not restricted.
How do you order Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
To order this drink, order the vanilla bean Frappuccino and customize it by adding java chips. Ask the barista to serve it in a cup coated on the sides with mocha drizzle. Top the drink with mocha and drizzle whipped cream.
Is the Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino still available?
Yes, it is. This drink can be ordered at any time at Starbucks.
Does Starbucks have Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, this drink is available all year round, as the ingredients used to make it are readily available.
Is the Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino healthy?
No, this drink is unhealthy as it has a high calorie and carb count.
How much is the Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino?
The price of this drink will depend on how you customize it.
Is Starbucks Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino good?
Yes, this drink is good and mostly meant for lovers of vanilla and mint.