Are you a lover of chocolate and minty flavors? Then, the Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino was created for you.
The Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino is a drink from the Starbucks secret frappuccinos menu prepared with Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, java chips, and peppermint syrup. I enjoy pairing chocolate with other flavors, and one of my favorite combos is chocolate and mint. After discovering this frappuccino from my local barista, I was elated as it has my ideal taste, and I loved its creaminess and richness.
If you’re interested in learning about this frappuccino, from its taste, ingredients, and caffeine contents to how to make it at home, read ahead.
A brief history of the drink
The Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino was created by Camaria B. sometime in 2014. The base drink for this frappuccino was among the first Starbucks frappuccinos released in 1995, and java chips used. The syrup in this frappuccino was first released in 2002.
Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Overview
What’s in a Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino – (Ingredients)
This frappuccino has;
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino: This is the base of the Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino, and it’s prepared with crème frappuccino syrup, milk, whipped cream, ice, and vanilla bean powder.
- Peppermint Syrup: This syrup is used to add minty flavors and sweeten the frappuccino, and it’s made of citric acid, sugar, water, preservatives, sodium benzoate, and natural flavors.
- Java Chips: These are added to the frappuccino to bring out the chocolate flavors and also improve the drink’s texture. These chips contain cocoa, oil, sugar, and other additives.
Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine, and calories
What sizes are available?
This frappuccino is available in three frappuccino sizes; Venti (24fl oz.), Tall (12fl oz.), and Grande (16fl oz.). If you’d like to test out the frappuccino simply, go for the tall size, and if you’re a sweet tooth and want to indulge once in a while, the venti size is the way to go. The grande size is the best-seller for this drink.
Studying the nutritional facts of this frappuccino, it is a generally healthy drink but under the condition that it’s consumed in moderation. Also, it’s worth knowing that medical professionals do not consider the nutrients in this drink necessary; that’s why overindulging is highly discouraged.
The table below summarizes all the nutrients in this frappuccino and indicates the percentages they contribute to a daily recommended 2000 caloric diet.
|Nutritional Values (per 12fl oz.)||% Daily Value|
|Total carbs (35g)||13%|
|Total fat (12g)
Saturated fat (7g)
Trans fat (0mg)
|Dietary fiber (0g)||–|
This frappuccino has 0mg of caffeine since it uses crème frappuccino syrup and has no coffee. However, the drink might have small traces of theobromine, a stimulant with similar effects as coffee, due to the cocoa in java chips.
So, what does Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino taste like?
This frappuccino is creamy, thick, sweet, and rich with minty and chocolate flavors. The texture of this frappuccino is from the base drink, while the minty flavor is from the peppermint syrup added. The chocolate flavor is from the java chips used. The sweetness of this frappuccino is from both the syrup and the chips used.
Ways to customize a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino at Starbucks
One way to customize this drink is to ask the barista for the kind of milk you prefer.
The number of peppermint syrup pumps added can be changed depending on your preference.
Similarly, the number of java chip scoops added is up to you.
If you’d like the frappuccino caffeinated, simply ask your barista to add espresso shots and let them know the roast you love.
How to make Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat recipe
Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat recipe
- 2 tablespoons peppermint syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Place all the ingredients in the blender, except whipped cream, and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour the frappuccino into a glass, top with whipped cream, and enjoy.
- Use the milk you prefer in this frappuccino.
- If you prefer a caffeinated frappuccino, simply add espresso shots or your favorite instant coffee powder.
- Use as many chocolate chips as you want, depending on how rich you want the chocolate flavors.
- Use as much peppermint syrup as you prefer, depending on how sweet and minty you like the frappuccino.
- This recipe yields a 16fl oz. serving, so adjust the ingredients to suit the servings you want.
How do you order Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Order a vanilla bean frappuccino, proceed to flavors under customizations, and select peppermint syrup. In the “Blended Options,” select “Add frappuccino chips” and place your order.
Is the Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino still available?
Yes, this frappuccino is available at Starbucks shops and on the app and website.
Does Starbucks have Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, all the ingredients in this frappuccino are in stock all year round.
Is the Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino healthy?
If consumed moderately and occasionally, this frappuccino is healthy.
How much is the Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino?
The grande size typically goes for $4.25.
Is Starbucks Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Good?
Yes, this frappuccino is delicious and rich.