If you love a mint and chocolate flavor combination, you will fall in love with the Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino. Read on to learn more about this drink.
I discovered this seasonal secret menu drink during the last holidays. My elder sister, a big fan of peppermint drinks from Starbucks, had just visited. She insisted on us trying out the peppermint bark Frappuccino she had just discovered through a Starbucks barista. I love this drink’s rich, sweet chocolate taste with an aftertaste of mint. This drink is a better, more flavorful version of the peppermint mocha Frappuccino. Read on to get a simple recipe to try out at home.
A brief history of the drink
Frappuccinos were introduced at Starbucks in the 1990s. The peppermint bark Frappuccino is simply the peppermint mocha Frappuccino but made with half the usual amount of mocha sauce used to make it, and the other half replaced with white chocolate sauce. The peppermint mocha Frappuccino was introduced at the coffee chain in 2002.
Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino overview
What’s in a Starbucks peppermint Bark Frappuccino? – (Ingredients)
According to Starbucks’ secret menu website, this drink is a peppermint mocha Frappuccino made with half white chocolate sauce and half mocha sauce.
- Ice – ice makes this drink cold and suitable to be enjoyed on a hot afternoon.
- Milk – Starbucks uses whole milk to make this drink. However, you can customize this drink and choose the milk of your preference.
- Coffee Frappuccino syrup – Starbucks uses this Frappuccino syrup in its coffee-based Frappuccinos to give them their identity.
- Coffee – the coffee used to make this drink gives it its caffeine content.
- Whipped cream – is used to garnish this drink, giving it a creamy, smooth finish.
- Mocha sauce – gives this drink a chocolate flavor.
- Peppermint syrup – the peppermint syrup enhances the mint flavor in this drink.
- Dark chocolate curls– these curls are used as toppings in this drink, and they enhance the chocolate flavor.
Starbucks peppermint Bark Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
This drink is available in three sizes; a tall, a grande, and a venti. A tall is 2 ounces, a grande 16 ounces, while a venti is 24 ounces. It is essential to note the nutritional content of this drink varies based on the size you have ordered.
The nutritional facts mentioned in this article are an estimate calculated based on the ingredients. A quick look through the table below, and you will realize this drink is quite unhealthy and should be avoided by anyone on a diet or a weight loss journey.
|Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Total fat 16 grams
Saturated fat 10 grams
|Total carbohydrates 67 grams
Total sugars 63 grams
|Sodium 240 mg||10%|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|Protein 5 grams|
The peppermint bark Frappuccino has 110 mg of caffeine. This drink gets its caffeine content from coffee and coffee Frappuccino syrup used to make it. However, you can ask your barista to increase the caffeine content of your drink by adding espresso shots.
So, what does Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino taste like?
The taste profile of this drink is a perfect combination of chocolate and mint flavors, producing a very refreshing and delicious beverage. The chocolate flavor in this drink is a bit richer, while the mint helps highlight the drink’s taste, leaving a pleasantly fresh minty aftertaste.
Ways to customize a peppermint bark Frappuccino at Starbucks?
As mentioned above, you can customize this drink by adding espresso shots to increase its caffeine content. To reduce the calorie content, you can ditch whipped cream and replace whole milk with non-fat or plant-based milk. You can also sweeten this drink more by adding the sweeteners of your choice to it.
How to make Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino – Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Caffe Misto Copycat Recipe
- Coffee maker
- Mocha sauce
- White chocolate sauce
- Coffee Frappuccino syrup
- Peppermint syrup
- Dark chocolate curls
- Whipped cream
- To make this drink at home, start by preparing your coffee using a coffee maker.
- Place the coffee, milk, equal amounts of white chocolate sauce and mocha sauce, coffee Frappuccino syrup, and peppermint syrup in a blender and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a glass over ice.
- Serve with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls toppings. Enjoy!
- You can use any type of milk when making this drink.
- You can make the above syrups at home or buy ready-made ones online or in grocery stores.
How do you order peppermint bark Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
To order the peppermint bark Frappuccino, simply select the peppermint mocha Frappuccino made with chocolate sauce and half-mocha sauce customization. Submit the order, pay, and select a location for pickup.
Is the Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino still available?
Yes, the peppermint bark Frappuccino is still available.
Does Starbucks have peppermint bark Frappuccino all year round?
No, this drink is seasonal and only available during the holiday season.
Is the Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino healthy?
No, this drink has a high calorie and carb count; hence, it is unhealthy.
How much is the Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino?
This drink will cost you around $3.55 to $3.99, depending on the Starbucks location you order it from.
Is Starbucks peppermint bark Frappuccino good?
Yes, if you love chocolate and mint flavors, you will love this drink.