Want to learn everything about the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino, one of the most famous secret menu drinks? Read on.
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is a secret menu frappuccino created from the Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Crème Frappuccino. This Frappuccino includes four other ingredients, including the toppings.
I have had a soft spot for oatmeal raisin cookies since high school. After discovering the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino from a barista friend, I was ecstatic knowing I could have a frappuccino version of my beloved snack.
Keep reading if you’re interested in learning everything worth knowing about the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino, including how you can prepare one at home.
A brief history of the drink
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino became popular in June 2015, thanks to one Starbucks Partner, Hillary S, who let Starbucks know about this recipe. Thankfully, the coffeehouse shared the recipe with the public. The base drink of this Frappuccino was introduced at Starbucks in the mid-2000s after the company rolled out the first crème Frappuccinos. The oatmeal used was launched in 2008.
Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino Overview
What’s in a Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino – (Ingredients)
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino comprises these ingredients;
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino: This is the base drink from which the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is made. It has milk, crème frappuccino syrup, ice, white chocolate mocha sauce, and whipped cream.
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup: This syrup adds a subtle spicy flavor. Cinnamon Dolce syrup has water, sugar, preservatives, and natural flavors.
- A packet of oatmeal: Starbucks oatmeal has water and whole grain oatmeal. This is the main ingredient in this Frappuccino.
- A packet of dried fruits: A packet of Starbucks dried fruit is blended in for a fruity taste. Starbucks dried fruits include; dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, and raisins.
- Whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkle toppings: The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is topped with whipped cream, and cinnamon dolce sprinkles are dusted on top. Starbucks whipped cream constitutes of heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Cinnamon dolce sprinkles are made with cinnamon, salt, powdered milk, granulated sugar, natural flavors, and butter extract.
Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine, and calories.
What sizes are available?
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is sold in three sizes. These sizes include; tall (12fl oz.), Grande (16fl oz.), and Venti (24fl oz.). Like most Frappuccinos, the Grande size is the most popular, but it is advised to always go for the tall size if you’re having this drink for the first time. Leave the venti-sized Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino for when you want to overindulge.
Based on the nutritional facts, this Frappuccino is considered healthy. However, if you overindulge regularly, you consume more nutrients; thus, the Frappuccino becomes unhealthy. Also, note that the majority of the nutrients in this drink aren’t considered necessary for the body.
Below is a summary of the nutritional values of the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino per Grande serving based on a daily diet of 2000 calories;
|Nutritional Value (per 16fl oz. serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat (18g)
Saturated fat (12g)
Trans fat (0.5mg)
|Dietary Fiber (0g)||–|
|Total carbs (49g)||18%|
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino has 0mg of caffeine in all sizes. This is because no coffee is used; instead of the coffee frappuccino syrup, crème frappuccino syrup is used.
So, what does Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino taste like?
The Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is sweet, creamy, and delicious with fruity and chocolate flavors. Some say this Frappuccino tastes like Quaker Instant oatmeal.
Ways to customizes an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino at Starbucks
Ask the barista to use your favorite kind of milk instead of the usual whole milk.
The number of white chocolate mocha sauce pumps used can be adjusted according to how intense or light you want the chocolate flavor in your Frappuccino. Typically, the number of white chocolate mocha sauce pumps used are two in a tall, three in a Grande, and four in the Venti.
Similarly, the number of cinnamon dolce syrup pumps used can be altered to your preference.
Typically a Grande frappuccino uses one packet of oatmeal, but you can also ask for more if you’d like, although one packet is enough.
Let the barista know how much-dried fruit to use in your drink too.
Whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkle toppings can be customized too. You can ask for the regular amount, light or extra amount.
Since this recipe involves blending food items, ask your barista beforehand, if the store allows that, before making your order.
How to make Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino copycat recipe
Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino copycat recipe
- ½ cup of oatmeal.
- ½ cup of ice cubes.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Whipped cream.
- ¼ cup of dried fruits.
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons of white chocolate sauce.
- 3 tablespoons of crème frappuccino base (homemade).
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender, except whipped cream and ground cinnamon, and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Serve the Frappuccino in a tall glass, top it with whipped cream, and dust the ground cinnamon. Enjoy.
- This recipe yields one serving of 16fl oz.
- Use any kind of milk you want but remember, the fattier the milk, the creamier the Frappuccino.
- If you don’t have store-bought dried fruit, you can simply make one by mixing your favorite dried fruits.
- It is fine to use homemade whipped cream in this recipe.
- Xanthan gum is optional here, but it makes your Frappuccino creamier.
- Use your favorite oatmeal to prepare this Frappuccino.
- Feel free to use your favorite chocolate syrup/sauce if you don’t have white chocolate sauce.
How do you order Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Order a regular White chocolate crème frappuccino but add cinnamon dolce syrup under the “Flavors” section. Then, in the instructions box, instruct the barista to “Blend a packet of oatmeal and dried fruit (oatmeal topping) into the frappuccino and dust cinnamon sprinkles on top of the whipped cream topping.” Finally, place your order.
Is the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino still available?
Yes, the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino is available.
Does Starbucks have Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, this Frappuccino is available at Starbucks all year round.
Is the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino healthy?
Yes. However, excess consumption can cause health issues.
How much is the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino?
Generally, a Grande is about $5.25, but the prices change depending on the customizations made.
Is the Starbucks Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Frappuccino good?
Yes. This Frappuccino has a delicious, creamy, and fruity taste.