Starbucks rose gold refresher is a fancy rose gold colored drink that’s loved by many Starbucks fans. So, what is a rose gold refresher, and what makes it so great? Read on to know more about this
I came to learn of the drink from various posts on the TikTok social media platform. The rose gold color often associated with high-class things like jewelry and expensive phones caught my eye. My curiosity was stroked and I just had to find out what this fancy-looking drink was and I went ahead to get mine. Yes, I dared try the taste and since then I’ve never looked back. I like staying in check health wise so I did extensive research on the Starbucks rose gold refresher and that’s the information I will share with you in this article. Enjoy your read.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks rose gold refresher came to be around the summer of 2017. It was popularized by the trending posts on social media and it gathered a lot of followers and fans. The drink was named after the rose gold color it has and was made by customization of the Starbucks on the menu drink called mango dragon fruit refresher.
Is Starbucks rose gold refresher still available at Starbucks?
Although the drink was and is still very popular around summertime, you can get the drink at any time from Starbucks so long as you know the recipe and how to order it either at the Starbucks store or via the Starbucks app.
Starbucks rose gold refresher (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks rose gold refresher – (ingredients)
Starbucks rose gold refresher is made up few ingredients that are readily available in many markets and stores. It is good to know what your drink is made of as many people may encounter some ingredients that they don’t consume or that they are allergic to. According to Starbucks’ official site, the ingredients in the rose gold drink contain no allergens or dairy products. So let us take a look at what is in the drink;
- Mango dragon fruit refresher– This is the base of our drink but has a few adjustments. The refresher you use for our drink lacks water and inclusions that are dried dragon fruit pieces. The mango dragon fruit is made of water, sugar, white grape juice, green coffee extract, and inclusions. When you remove water and inclusions you are left with a base for a rose gold refresher.
- Peach juice – The addition of natural peach juice makes rose gold refresher have a strong peach flavor and also adds to the nutritional values.
- Classic syrup – The classic syrup act as a sweetener for this drink and also has a slight coloration that helps in the development of the final rose gold color.
- Raspberry syrup – apart from being another sweetener, Raspberry syrup adds on the final taste, and also when its color combines with the color of classic syrup and that sparkle of white grape juice, it produces a wowing sparkling rose gold colored result.
Starbucks rose gold refresher: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
Starbucks doesn’t offer this drink as all refreshers on the Short cup size. This is to minimize wasting resources and ingredients as the secret menu drinks are made as a one-off and not as a batch. Starbucks rose gold refresher is available in Tall cup size which is 12 fl Oz., Grande cup size which is 16 fl Oz., Venti cup size which is 20 fl Oz., and Trenta cup size which is 30 fl Oz. it is always advisable to start with the smallest cup size your first time so that you can test whether you like it, have a chance to play with a few customizations, and finally, when you get your ratios right, you can advance to larger cup sizes.
Many may argue that most Starbucks drinks are unhealthy or that they contain too much sugar but that’s not right because different people have different likes and needs. It is good to note that most drinks offered at Starbucks are customizable so that customers can reduce the amount of sugar in their drinks and also make healthy options like the use of alternative kinds of milk instead of dairy milk.
Starbucks rose gold meets all the nutrition requirements for a 2000-calorie daily diet. You will also notice that the drink doesn’t have any fats as it has no milk in it. This means no dietary fiber or cholesterol. Since it’s a fruit drink, it is packed with vitamins. The table below shows nutritional values and proportions.
|Nutrient content||% daily value|
|Total carbohydrates 22g||8%|
Starbucks rose gold refresher is a mild caffeine drink. The caffeine in it is delivered by the green coffee extract used to make refresher bases like mango dragon fruit refresher base in this case. You will find that this drink has 45mg of caffeine which is a little on the lower side if you take 400mg as the maximum recommended daily caffeine intake.
So, what does Starbucks rose gold refresher taste like?
Starbucks rose gold refresher tastes like peaches. This is the main taste that you will encounter. There is an infusion of different fruits like mango, and dragon fruit. You will also get tastes of raspberry as the drink settles in your mouth. The drink is sweet also.
Ways to Customize Starbucks rose gold refresher – Starbucks rose gold refresher Variations
Mostly, Starbucks rose gold refresher has no major variations but you can still fine-tune details to have a fancy drink. You can reduce the amount of classic syrup in the drink to make it less sweet and reduce the sugar content. Other people have been known to add some vanilla syrup to make the drink pop more.
How to make Starbucks rose gold refresher at home - Starbucks rose gold refresher copycat recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 tablespoon Mango puree
- Splash of green coffee extract
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon classic syrup
- 1 tablespoon raspberry syrup
- ½ cup peach juice
- Mix mango puree, green coffee extract, grape juice, and sugar in the cocktail shaker.
- Shake well until well mixed.
- Add the peach juice and shake again.
- Add your syrups and shake until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve in a tall glass with a straw.
- Remove the sugar if you find that the drink is too sweet.
- You can make a huge batch at home and keep it refrigerated without adding the syrups. Add the syrups when you are ready to serve.
- To improve taste and preservation, some people add citric acid to the drink.
- You can also adjust sugar levels by changing the amount of classic syrup.
- Make your classic syrup by melting sugar on a pan until golden brown then dissolves in water to form a viscous syrup. Don’t burn the sugar as black color is not desired and the taste too.
Q. How do you order rose gold refresher at Starbucks?
A. To order a rose gold refresher at Starbucks, ask your barista for a mango dragon fruit refresher with no water and no inclusions, add peach juice and two pumps of raspberry syrup, and two pumps of classic syrup. Remember to start with the cup size that you wish to order.
Q. how do you order rose gold refresher in the Starbucks app?
A. go to the app and choose mango dragon fruit refresher. In the customization area, remove water and inclusions, select two pumps of classic syrup under sweeteners, choose two pumps of raspberry syrup under syrups section then go ahead to choose your store and whether to pick up or to have your drink delivered.
Q. Is the Starbucks rose gold refresher good?
A. Yes, the Starbucks rose gold refresher is not only good but healthy too. It is a drink suitable for vegans and people who are on a non-dairy diet. For dieting people, it depends on the number of calories that are recommended for you. Otherwise, the drink is a good one and can be taken any time of the day.
Q. How much does a rose gold refresher cost at Starbucks?
A. cost depends on the size and the number of customizations in the drink. Peach juice costs 0.80 cents while a pump of syrup will cost you the same 0.80 cents. The rest of the drinks will be sold the same as mango dragon fruit refresher which are $3.55 for Tall, $4.25 for Grande, $4.95 for Venti, and $5.65 for Trenta.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.