If you are looking for an aesthetic caffeinated drink for your Instagram page, we recommend the Starbuck purple drink refresher. Made from passion iced tea, blueberries, and vanilla syrup, the drink is sure to hydrate you on a hot summer day.
Forget the pink drink, there’s a new refresher on the menu– the purple drink. When the pink drink became an instant hit I thought there would never be a new, exciting, equally pretty, and better-tasting drink. Genius secret menu hackers have continued to prove me wrong with new variations.
The purple drink is a new twist on the very berry hibiscus refresher and truly it does live up to its name. Not only is it a pretty purple hue, but it is also refreshing and hydrating. The perfect drink for a summer day.
Let’s just be honest: You will not find this drink on the Starbucks official menu. Lucky for you, this article will show you exactly how to order the purple drink refresher from the secret menu.
A brief history of the drink
When Starbucks first launched their first pink drink refresher, we all saw how fast the beverage became an internet sensation back in 2016. But with all fads, they do not last long. Since then, there have been a variety of refreshers introduced to us by loyal Starbucks customers. In 2017, the pink drink was overshadowed by the new drink on the menu– the purple drink. The purple drink became more popular than other refreshers due to its aesthetic lavender color perfect for Instagram photos.
Starbucks has since taken advantage of this cash grab and introduced the purple drink refresher as part of their secret menu drinks.
The best part is, you can customize the purple drink to suit your taste preferences. You can ask for passion iced tea base drink, coconut milk, and blueberries or blackberries for a deliciously hydrating drink.
Starbucks’ purple drink refresher still available at Starbucks?
A lot of us know that you should never come between a person and their morning coffee. Sadly, Starbucks customers have complained that they are unable to order the purple drink.
Why? Starbucks is halting production of the very berry hibiscus base drink to focus on higher demand offerings. By now you probably know that without the very berry hibiscus base drink you simply cannot make a purple refresher.
Lucky for you, Starbucks has reassured its loyal customers that these drinks are not leaving the menu permanently. Starbucks also states that the very berry hibiscus base used to make the purple drink will be restocked eventually. So, there’s no need to go into a panic frenzy. Also, I have just the right copycat recipe to make the purple drink in the comfort of your home.
Starbucks purple drink refresher (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks purple drink refresher – (ingredients)
It seems the purple drink has replaced the pink drink refresher. The Instagram-worthy purple drink also seems to be living up to its hype as customers can’t seem to get enough. Ordering and customizing your purple drink should not be intimidating. Below are the ingredients that make the purple drink.
- Passion iced tea. This is the most important part of the purple drink refresher. The passion iced tea is made with hibiscus tea and passion fruit for fruity flavors.
- Plant-based milk. You can opt for soy or coconut milk. This makes the purple refresher creamier in taste. We recommend soy milk for a sweeter and creamier drink.
- Vanilla syrup. If you are on a weight loss diet, You can choose a sugar-free vanilla flavor.
- Freeze-dried blueberries. What’s a Starbucks purple drink refresher without freeze-dried blueberries? The blueberries are responsible for the purple color of the refresher. They also give the drink the fruity flavor it has.
- Ice. Would a refresher be as hydrating as it is without ice? I don’t think so. Ice is an integral part of the purple refresher. This is what makes it refreshing on a warm summer day.
Starbucks purple drink refresher: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
When it comes to beverage sizes, Starbucks does not use standard names. The purple drink is available in four sizes. The tall, Grande, Venti, and Trenta. Trenta is the extra-large drink size. So, if you are not looking to ingest too much sugar, we recommend getting the purple drink in a tall or Grande size.
If you are wondering if the Starbucks purple drink is healthy, the answer is a resounding no. Sadly, the refresher is packed with sweeteners, sugar, carbs, and calories. Packed with 18grams of sugar, 110 calories, and 2.5grams of fat, you can only imagine how unhealthy this refresher is.
Luckily, you can hack your drink to make it healthier.
How? I’ll show you.
Replace the Starbucks sweeteners for your sweetener, you can choose to skip the sweetener if you don’t want it. You can also ask for a sugar-free purple drink to reduce the sugar content. If you are not willing to part with your favorite Starbucks refresher, you can choose to reduce your daily calorie intake to be able to enjoy your purple drink guilt-free.
|Caloric count||110 calories|
|Nutrient content||% and grams of Daily value|
|Fat content||3% fat|
|22 g net carbs
|Sugar in Grande||19 grams|
If you are not looking to get the caffeine jitters, then you are in luck. Why? Because the Starbucks purple drink refresher has low caffeine. That may seem odd for the mecca of caffeinated drinks. But, the purple refresher has low caffeine levels.
Sometimes, the purple drink refresher is caffeine-free. But this depends on the ingredients you order in your refresher. If you opt for the violet drink, the drink is caffeine-free. Perfect for you if you are not looking for a caffeine boost.
The original purple drink refresher has about 45mg of caffeine. This is because of the green coffee extract contained in the passion iced tea.
So, what does Starbucks’ purple drink refresher taste like?
The Starbucks purple drink refresher tastes a sweet, tart, and creamy taste. The drink does live up to its hype as it tastes like blueberries and cream. The purple refresher tastes divine. The drink has less sugar when compared to other Starbucks refreshers.
If you are on a weight loss diet, we recommend the Starbucks purple drink refresher. Packed with fewer calories and less sugar, you can enjoy the hydrating purple refresher on a hot summer day.
Pro tip: you can match your purple drink with your manicure for an artsy and aesthetic Instagram photo.
Ways to Customize Starbucks purple drink refresher – Starbucks purple drink refresher Variations
Did you know that Starbucks allows you to veer off the official menu? Yes, they do. You can customize all Starbucks beverages according to your preferences. The purple drink refreshers has different kinds of variations created by genius secret menu hackers. They include:
- Violet drink. To order the violet drink, ask for a very berry hibiscus base drink with soy milk. Add vanilla-flavored syrup and soy milk. Top it off with ice for a refreshing and hydrating drink. You can flush your Instagram with beautiful shots of this purple drink refresher.
- Pink purple drink. This drink combines the strawberry Acai refresher, coconut milk, and blueberries. Then, add passion iced tea with vanilla syrup and freeze-dried blueberries to give the pink-purple ombre effect.
How to make Starbucks purple drink refresher at home - Starbucks purple drink refresher copycat Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Freeze-dried blueberries
- Passion iced tea bags
- Soy or coconut milk
- Vanilla flavored syrup to taste
- Make passion iced herbal tea. Add your teabags into a mixing bowl. Add hot water and steep the tea bags for 5 minutes. Place tea in your refrigerator to be used later
- Place the iced tea in a bowl and add blueberries
- To your tea, add soy or coconut milk and mix well. This depends on the consistency you want to achieve.
- Add 2 to 3 scoops of vanilla syrup depending on the sweetness you want to achieve and stir well.
- Pour into a cup. Add ice and top off with freeze-dried blueberries as a garnish. Serve and enjoy!
- Steep your passion iced tea to release the flavors
- The color you achieve depends on the ratio of milk to the passion iced tea. Soy milk gives you a light purple color. If you want the color to be rich, add more blueberries to your drink
- Serve immediately when chilled.
How do you order a how do you order the purple drink refresher at Starbucks?
To order the purple drink refresher at Starbucks, ask your barista to give you a very berry hibiscus base drink. Replace water with coconut or soy milk. You can use vanilla-flavored syrup instead of classic syrup. Add freeze-dried blueberries to give the drink its gorgeous lavender color. Top it off with blueberries for a more aesthetic appeal. You can order your purple drink in any size.
Is the purple drink refresher at Starbucks good?
Picture this: A drink made from antioxidant-packed blueberries, coconut milk, and vanilla-flavored syrup. The purple drink tastes like berries and creams in a cup with a mix of sweet and tart flavors.
The purple drink also has less sugar when compared to the pink drink. But the good thing is, that you can add more vanilla sugar to make it sweeter. And yes, it looks and tastes just as divine as it sounds. I don’t know about you, but I’d be down to receive a lifetime supply of the Starbucks purple drink refresher.
How much is a purple drink refresher at Starbucks?
Even though Starbucks beverages are overpriced, they are worth every penny. When you order a Starbucks purple drink refresher, be prepared to part with a substantial amount of your money. The drink costs around $5.45 to $10 depending on the ingredients.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak.