If you enjoy green tea, consider trying out the Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup recipe for a tasty and delicious drink while at home.
So what exactly is Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup?
In the spring of 2017, Starbucks introduced pineapple ginger syrup on its menu. It consists of matcha tea powder, coconut milk, and pineapple ginger syrup. To many, this may seem like a weird concoction, especially where matcha is involved, but the flavors mix well
I first learned about the Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup when I attended a friend’s dinner party. The experience was so intriguing that I had to order the drink the next time I visited Starbucks.
I was initially skeptical because I could not imagine the taste of green tea mixed with pineapple, but I enjoyed it. The drink is not only delicious and refreshing, but you will crave it more, especially on hot summer days.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup Still Available At Starbucks?
Although Starbucks discontinued pineapple ginger six months before its release, you can still order it at the restaurant as a special order.
Where Do I Buy The Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup?
Consider purchasing the drink at only Starbucks stores as it is no longer available on Amazon or Walmart online stores. Walk to the barista with the size you want in mind, and you will have your drink. Also, request the barista to customize it for you with milk or sugar-free vanilla if you want.
Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup (Ingredients, Taste, Calories, name variations)
According to the Starbucks website, it only takes six ingredients to make Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup.
What’s in a Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup – (ingredients?)
The ingredients are as follows: ginger powder, pineapple juice, matcha powder, simple syrup, coconut milk, and ice. Let’s analyze them below.
- Ginger powder– it not only saves you time but it tons down the bitter taste of matcha powder.
- Pineapple juice- pineapple juice is what gives the drink a fruity flavor. In other words, it adds tartness to the drink.
- Coconut milk– adding coconut milk adds silky richness and creaminess to the drink.
- Ice– ice is added to the drink to make it more refreshing
- Matcha powder– fresh matcha powder gives the drink its green color and a slightly bitter taste
- Syrup– the syrup allows for easy mixing
Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup: Nutrition & Calories
The Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup contains 170 calories in a Grande and 80grams of caffeine. It is worth noting that you cannot have a sugar-free drink as the matcha blend already contains sugar.
Take a look at the table below for more nutritional facts
What Does Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup Taste Like?
It isn’t easy to fathom the taste of pineapple mixed with green tea, especially if you’ve not tried it before. But Starbucks was spot on in blending these two flavors. The drink has a tropical vibe, as exhibited by the refreshing, lightly sweet coconut and pineapple taste. Thanks to the ginger syrup, you can only experience a delicious flavor, not matcha’s taste.
Drinks That Use Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup
Now that you have your Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup ready, you may wonder what drinks you can make with it from the Starbucks menu. Numerous drinks use Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup, but below is a list of the leading beverages.
- Starbucks iced golden ginger
- Low-carb ginger syrup
- Iced golden ginger drink
You’re also not limited to the drinks mentioned above; try customizing any Starbucks drinks in whichever way using ginger syrup.
Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup: Other Names
The Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup is also known as Starbucks iced pineapple matcha or vegan green tea drink.
How to Make Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup At Home – Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Pineapple Ginger Syrup Copycat Recipe
- A jug
- Tall Glass
- Mixing bowl
- A straw
- A cup of pineapple juice
- Two tablespoons of syrup
- A cup of coconut milk
- One teaspoon of matcha green powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Take the mixing bowl and pour a third of the pineapple juice, ginger powder, and matcha powder into it.
- Whisk until the powder dissolves.
- Fill the jar halfway with coconut milk.
- Pour the remaining pineapple juice, ginger, and matcha powder into the milk and stir.
- Add the syrup to the mixture
- Pour the mixture into an ice-filled glass.
- Enjoy your drink with a straw.
- Use dairy milk if you intend to enjoy a creamier drink
- To make your drink taste sweeter, use less coconut milk, but if you prefer a creamy and mild-tasting drink, add more coconut milk.
- Adding lime juice to your drink will make the pineapple matcha taste sour and sweet at the same time.
- You can customize the drink using vanilla, oat, or almond milk products.
- Even though this drink uses pineapple, try using other fruit juices like orange or cranberry soon. You might be surprised by the excellent taste.
Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup is not only worth your money and time, but it goes a long way in keeping you refreshed on hot summer days. It can also be a great drink to use as a topping for desserts. The creaminess of the coconut milk is also a great difference to the flavor of chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Ginger syrup vegan?
Yes, the drink is vegan, hence everyone is free to enjoy.
Is Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup discontinued at Starbucks?
Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup is not listed in Starbucks menu, but you can still make a special order
How much is Starbuck Pineapple Ginger syrup?
A Grande-sized Pineapple Matcha at Starbucks costs between $4.95 and $5.75.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Ginger syrup gluten-free?
Yes, Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup is gluten-free.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Ginger syrup healthy?
The Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup contains 170 calories in a Grande and 80grams of caffeine. All the same, this beverage helps in fighting cancer and leveling blood sugar levels.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Ginger syrup good?
Starbucks pineapple ginger syrup goes a long way in making life better. The coconut milk makes the drink sweeter, making you feel refreshed and calm on a hot summer day.