Smoothies are a fun and delicious way of easily incorporating veggies and fruits into your daily diet and the Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie is a good example. Continue reading to find out how you can easily replicate this smoothie at home.
We all know the importance of breakfast, but I am one of those people who always rush out in the morning without breakfast. In this rush, I do not get the time to go to a Starbucks store and order something healthy. I decided to research how I can replicate the Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at home and always have it on the go. In this article, I will be sharing everything I discovered.
Brief History of the drink
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie has a record of being one of the healthiest smoothies at Starbucks. Starbucks introduced smoothies to their recipes in 2014 as a way of providing their customers with healthier options of beverages. The pineapple coconut green smoothie has been in the market for close to a decade now.
Is Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie still available at Starbucks?
Starbucks still serves the pineapple coconut green smoothie. Despite there being a lot of confusion among the Starbucks customers online, about whether the smoothie was discontinued by Starbucks, the pineapple coconut green smoothie is still on the Starbucks website and app. If you’re in doubt, ask your Starbucks barista the next time you visit the store or simply try to order the smoothie via the app.
Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, Dairy content)
What’s in a Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie – (ingredients)
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie has spinach, kale, toasted coconut, ice, coconut milk and pineapple juice. These are the basic ingredients in the Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie, but there are some ingredients that a barista could add or replace according to a customer’s preference. The coconut milk can be replaced with almond milk or any other milk a customer prefers and a protein powder can also be added.
Starbucks cannot guarantee that the ingredients used are allergen-free since the equipment used to store, serve and prepare the ingredients is shared therefore one may react to the beverage but this occurrence is rare. Starbucks advises allergic customers to find information about the ingredients on the website or the product labels.
Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie: Sizes, Nutrition, Caffeine, Dairy Content & Calories
What sizes are available
Starbucks serves the pineapple coconut green smoothie in a Grande size which is 16 oz. All the Starbucks smoothies are served in a grande size.
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie is considered one of the healthiest smoothies. The following are the nutritional facts of the Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie; (The facts apply to the grande size and calculated using the 2000 calories per day merit.)The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie (with coconut milk) has around 270 calories per serving (16 ounces). The total fat is 7g with saturated fat being 6g and trans fat 0g. The saturated fat is 11% of the percentage daily value. The cholesterol is 15mg which is 5% of the % daily value. The sodium is 120mg which is 5% of the % daily value. The total carbohydrates in the smoothie are 51g which is 17% of the % daily value. The dietary fiber is 6g, sugars are 37g and the protein is 11g. The % daily value shows you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a standard daily diet of 2000 calories. The table below summarizes and simplifies all the nutritional facts of the Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie.
Nutritional Facts per 16 ounces serving
|Nutrient content (per 16oz serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat (7g)
Saturated fat (6g)
Trans fat (0g)
|Total carbohydrates (51mg)||17%|
|Dietary fiber (6g)||21%|
This pineapple coconut green smoothie is non-caffeinated. Among the Starbucks non-coffee beverages is their smoothies.
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie is dairy-free. The milk used in the smoothie is coconut milk. A customer may request other non-dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk. Starbucks normally uses about ¼ cup of non-dairy milk.
So, what does Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie taste like?
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie surprisingly tastes great for a green smoothie but don’t expect your sweet tooth to be satisfied, unless sugar or sweeteners are added to the smoothie.
Ways to customize a Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at Starbucks – Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie variations
Starbucks allows a customer to create as many variations as they can to their beverages and the pineapple coconut green smoothie is no exception.
A customer has the freedom to swap the coconut milk with almond milk, oat milk or even plain yoghurt. You can request a protein powder in your favorite flavor or opt out completely. Depending on the customer’s preferences, various varieties of toppings, milk and protein powders are accessible.
How to make Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at home – Starbucks pineapple green smooth recipe
Equipment needed to make Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at home.
Ingredients needed to make Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at home.
The following ingredients are enough for 2 servings.
- ½ cup frozen banana slices
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cubes of plain yoghurt (optional)
- 1 cup of kale (packed) (optional)
- 1 cup of spinach (packed)
- 1 tablespoon of preferred protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
How to make Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie at home – Directions
- If you don’t have the above-mentioned ingredients ready, then start by removing banana peels and slicing the bananas. Proceed to also skin your pineapple and dice it. Measure ½ cup of both the banana slices and pineapple pieces and toss them into the blender.
- Chop up your spinach and kales (optional) and measure 1 cup each and place the veggies in the blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of your preferred protein powder into the blender. This step is optional.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or your preferred seeds or completely opt-out.
- Add 2 cubes of plain yoghurt (optional).
- Add ½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk or your preferred milk.
- Finally blend everything and enjoy your pineapple coconut green smoothie.
- To always have the smoothie ingredients ready, prepare and place all the ingredients except for the milk in freezer bags or Ziploc bags and freeze until needed. When you need your smoothie, just take one bag with all the ingredients and empty it into a blender, then add your preferred milk and blend. This technique will save you time.
- You can also add toasted coconut to your smoothie to add a rich, nutty flavor. Toasted coconut is just as healthy as raw coconut.
- If you don’t like coconut milk, you can replace it with almond milk, oat milk or even plain yoghurt.
- You can prepare the smoothie with either spinach or kales or both.
- If you prefer a citrusy flavor in your smoothie, try adding some orange juice.
- You can add your favorite protein powders if you like. The vanilla protein powder tastes amazing in this recipe.
- As for the chia seeds, you can replace them with other seeds like flax seeds or hemp seeds. It is also okay to prepare the smoothie without the seeds at all.
- If you have leftover pineapple coconut green smoothie feel free to store the smoothie in a glass jar in the freezer for later. Tip to remember; always leave room for expansion in the glass jar as the smoothie freezes.
How to order a Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie
You can order a Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie via the Starbucks app or at the Starbucks store.
On the app, find the pineapple coconut green smoothie on the menu and proceed to customizations. Under milk, select your preferred milk, under the blended options, select your preferred blend-ins and prep and then proceed to toppings and select the toppings you’d like and then place your order.
At the Starbucks store, ask your barista for the pineapple coconut green smoothie and request them to use your preferred milk. If you would like a protein powder, let your barista know. The barista will customize your smoothie to your liking.
Is pineapple coconut green smoothie good?
The Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie is surprisingly good. The smoothie is rich in taste and flavor.
How much is pineapple coconut green smoothie?
The price of the smoothie at Starbucks is around $5.95 for a grande size.
Is Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie healthy?
Starbucks pineapple coconut green smoothie is healthy as it does not have any added sugars from syrups and sweeteners. It is also full of nutrients from vegetables and fruits used. The smoothie is made with plant-based milk which is a healthier choice of milk.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.