If you want to have a drink with intense tropical flavors, you need to try the Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie. It is great to have on a hot day and it goes well with a bevy of snacks. Here is what it’s all about.
I haven’t always been a fan of smoothies, but when I am craving something fruity and tropical, I get myself a Starbucks mango and passionfruit smoothie. I like that it has a smooth and slightly thick consistency that is incredible. Even though I do not purchase it too many times, I definitely make a copycat version of the same from time to time. Below is a breakdown of all the drink’s details, and I have also included my favorite recipe for when I want to make my own at home.
This drink has not been around too long, and it was introduced into the market in April of 2016. It is made using a unique recipe that sets it apart from other smoothies made by competing brands.
While it is not available in cups at Starbucks, it can be bought in bottles which are very convenient to carry around and for storing in your fridge.
Yes, this drink is still available at Starbucks. You can purchase it directly from Starbucks stores across the country or in other convenience stores. The fact that it comes in bottles makes it easy to purchase from other places other than Starbucks.
Apart from the United States, this bottled drink is also available in the United Kingdom. This means that people in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales can also purchase it.
Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit Smoothie (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, and Dairy Content)
The Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie is made using the following ingredients;
- Mango fruit juice concentrate (pulp). The mango pulp forms one of the major ingredients of this drink. It is obtained from blending ripe mangoes and straining the pulp to make sure it is smooth.
- Passionfruit juice. This is also one of the major ingredients. It is obtained from fresh passionfruit and is also strained to make sure there are no traces of seeds or pulp. The juice is pasteurized to rid it of any bacteria and to make sure it does not go bad too fast.
- Apple fruit juice. The smoothie also includes pasteurized apple juice which adds a good amount of character to the smoothie. It also adds a layer of tartness to the drink which balances out the sweetness.
- Banana puree. Apart from enhancing the flavor of the mango passionfruit smoothie, banana puree also builds its texture because it is thick and silky. It also adds a characteristic creaminess to the drink.
- Orange bits. Even though it is a smooth drink, this smoothie also includes bits of orange which add a delightful texture as you drink. They also enhance the drink’s flavors with warm orange undertones.
- Flavor builders. The drink also includes several additives such as stabilizers, permitted flavors, preservatives, and food color.
Unlike many Starbucks drinks which include many other ingredients such as tea, coffee, milk, sparkling water, or just plain water, the Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie is made almost entirely of fruits. This makes it great for staying healthy and weight loss.
- What sizes are available
Seeing as this drink is only available in bottles, it is only available in one size. It is purchased in 12 fl oz bottles (250 ml). Unlike many smoothies available at Starbucks, this drink is not served fresh and is, therefore, not available for purchase in cups.
- Nutritional Facts
The Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie is a healthy drink made from various fruits. It does not include any added sugars, meaning that it contains very few calories per serving.
This drink also boasts a very low caloric count and each serving of the same comes with only 157 calories. The table below shows the drink’s nutritional content.
|Calories||157 per serving|
|Energy||571 KJ/ 135 Kcal|
- Caffeine Information
This smoothie is not made using any tea or coffee extracts, meaning that it does not contain any caffeine. It is great for anyone looking to drink a beverage that is free of caffeine.
- Dairy content
The Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie is a dairy-free product because it does not contain any milk or dairy products. The company does not, however, guarantee the complete absence of dairy allergens due to the way in which the drink is prepared.
This drink comes with a rich fruity taste, thanks to the fact that its recipe largely includes fruits. It is also pleasantly sweet, but it is also tart as a result of the passionfruit and apple. The sweetness and tartness have a nice balance so that neither is overpowering. It also has nice tropical undertones.
Ways to customize a Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie – Starbucks Mango and Passionfruit smoothie variations
Because the mango and passionfruit smoothie is only available in bottles, it is not possible to customize it when making an order. You can, however, use it to make your own drink versions at home. Here are a couple of examples.
- Have it for breakfast with oats
Oats have a dull taste, and if you are looking to improve the flavor, you can use this mango passionfruit smoothie instead of water or milk. Soak the oats in the smoothie and toss them in the fridge overnight.
- Use it to make a protein shake
If you take protein powder supplements on a regular and do not have time to make a smoothie every day, you can buy this ready-to-drink Starbucks smoothie and add the protein powder to it. It will be quick and delicious.
- Add in a bit of caffeine
You can add a teaspoonful of instant coffee to your smoothie if you want to add a bit of caffeine to it. If it gets bitter, add just one teaspoon of syrup.
How to make Starbucks Mango Passionfruit Smoothie at Home - Starbucks Mango Passionfruit Smoothie Copycat Recipe
- A blender
- A knife
- A strainer
- Two jugs
- A glass or porcelain cup
- A bowl
- Electric kettle
- Drinking glasses and straws
- Passion tea bags
- Apple juice
- Whipping cream
- Starbucks Mango syrup (optional)
- Prep the passion teaBoil some water in your electric kettle. Once boiled, grab your glass or porcelain cup and add the water. Place two passion tea bags and allow them to steep for at least two minutes. When they are done steeping, remove them then place the tea in the fridge to get it to cool fast. You need it cool for this recipe.
- Prepare the mangoes and bananasWash your mangoes and peel them. Chop them up and place them in a clean bowl. Once done, blend them in the blender until smooth. Strain the puree through a strainer and set it aside.Proceed to peel and cut the bananas. Once chopped, blend them until they are smooth and silky.
- Incorporate the ingredientsGrab your jug or pitcher and add the mango and banana purees as well as the water and apple juice. Go on and add the cool passion tea and stir until well mixed. Add in the sugar or mango syrup to sweeten.
- ServeServe up the smoothie in drinking glasses and top the drink up with whipped cream. Enjoy!
- If you do not want the caffeinated version, you can use store-bought passion juice instead.
- Do not use hot passion tea as this will make your smoothie taste strange.
How do I order a Starbucks mango and passionfruit smoothie?
Simply ask the barista for a mango and passionfruit smoothie.
Is Starbucks mango and passionfruit smoothie good?
Yes, it is. It tastes great and is a healthy treat for anyone looking to eat and drink healthy.
How much is the Starbucks mango and passionfruit smoothie?
The drink costs about $3.00.
If you are looking for a tasty dairy-free and caffeine-free smoothie to have on a regular, you might want to try out the Starbucks mango and passionfruit smoothie. The fact that it is bottled makes it ideal to buy and stash in your fridge so you can have it at your own convenience.