Who wouldn’t love to enjoy a drink that combines a variety of flavors all in one cup? Starbucks Irish Cream Latte is one of those drinks that will leave you craving for more.
Starbucks Irish Cream Latte is a holiday drink made using several ingredients to obtain its unique flavor. I happened to discover this drink on Pinterest. I was drawn to it because of its chocolatey and foamy appearance. After doing a lot of research on it, I went to Starbucks, bought it, and immediately became hooked. The drink is close to perfect. I also discovered that you could easily make it at home. The copycat recipe in this article will show you how.
Brief History of the drink
The Irish Cream Cold Latte was revealed by Starbucks Corporation as a new holiday beverage for 2019. It is the latest in a long history of Starbucks holiday season beverages. It then became a popular drink that many have loved and approved since its debut.
Is the Starbucks Irish Cream latte still available at Starbucks?
Yes, the Starbucks Irish Cream latte is still available at Starbucks. It has been available on the menu since November 3rd. It is a seasonal drink meaning that it is only available on the holiday and winter menus and disappears on the menu after that. It is advisable to get it while it is still on the menu to avoid missing out on the tasty experience.
Starbucks Irish Cream latte (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, Dairy Content)
What’s in a Starbucks Irish Cream latte – (ingredients)
What is actually in Starbucks Irish Cream Latte? Their website lists the ingredients in their Irish Cream Latte as follows: Irish Cream Syrup, Sweet Vanilla Cold Foam, Ice, cocoa, espresso, and milk. It only takes six ingredients to make Starbucks Irish Cream Latte. Let’s talk about each one of them.
- Irish Cream Syrup: It gives the Irish Cream Latte a smooth and creamy taste with hints of vanilla.
- Sweet Vanilla Cold Foam: It is foamy and gives the drink a sweet vanilla taste.
- Ice: Ice is used to chill your drink.
- Cocoa: It makes your drink slightly bitter with a chocolatey flavor.
- Espresso: Espresso gives the Irish Cream Latte a sweet earthy flavor with a tiny hint of bitterness.
- Milk: It adds a creamy-sweet texture to your drink.
Starbucks uses a certain proportion of all the ingredients above to whip up the best Irish Cream Latte you can find.
Starbucks Irish Cream latte: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine, Dairy Content & Calories
What sizes are available
The following Starbucks Irish Cream Latte sizes are available at Starbucks:
- Tall 12 fl oz– It is the second smallest size available at Starbucks and the smallest size on the regular menu. The tall size holds 12 ounces. This is equal to 2 cups of a Standard 6-ounce coffee. You can order hot and cold Starbucks Irish Cream Latte in a tall cup.
- Grande 16 fl oz – ‘Grande’ means large in Spanish. However, when it comes to Starbucks, Grande is a medium option. It holds 16 ounces for your hot or cold Starbucks Irish Cream Latte. Grande is the best size to order your Starbucks Irish Cream Latte when it is hot.
- Venti 20 fl oz hot, 24 fl oz cold– Venti means 20 in Italian. It holds 20 ounces for your hot Irish Cream Latte and 24 ounces for a cold Irish Cream Latte at Starbucks. The main reason venti hot is smaller than venti-cold is that venti-cold is served with ice. Therefore, you are served the same beverage amount plus room for ice.
- Trenta 31 fl oz – The Trenta size can hold 31 ounces of your Starbucks Irish Cream Latte, which is bigger than most human stomachs. This size only comes in a cold option. Therefore, you can only order a cold Irish Cream Latte.
The table below represents the nutritional facts for the Starbucks Irish Cream Latte
|Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)||230|
|Nutritional value (16 fl oz)||% daily value|
|Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Net Carbs 31g
Starbucks Irish Cream Latte has 185 milligrams of caffeine. Starbucks Irish Cream Latte is the perfect drink for you if you are looking for a drink that will give you a jolt of caffeine. The caffeine content is greatly influenced by the espresso used to make the drink. It may not be recommended for kids, but it is an excellent option for adults.
Starbucks uses 2% of milk to make their Irish Cream Latte. If you want hot Irish Cream Latte, they use steamed milk to make it. Other milk options can be added to your Irish Cream Latte, including almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk.
So, what does the Starbucks Irish Cream latte taste like?
Starbucks Irish Cream Latte has a creamy and subtly sweet taste on top. Below the cloud of foam, there is a bitter taste. This drink combines various flavors, making it more exciting and a must-try. To get a better taste of it, you can request your barista to increase the concentration of ingredients in your drink. For instance, increasing the amount of chocolate will give it a more chocolatey flavor.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks Irish Cream latte at Starbucks – Starbucks Irish Cream latte Variations
The following are ways you can customize an Irish Cream Latte at Starbucks.
- Add cold foam– This gives your Starbucks Irish Cream Latte great flavor and texture.
- Ask for fewer pumps of syrup– In this case, you will ask for fewer pumps of Irish Cream Syrup in your drink. This will make your Irish Cream Latte less sugary.
- Select your milk– You can choose your milk from options such as Coconut milk, Almond Milk, Oat Milk, or 2% Milk and Nonfat Milk. This will give you a better-tasting experience.
- Ask for an extra espresso shot– All available sizes come with fixed espresso shots. For instance, tall lattes come with one shot of espresso. You can change this by ordering your tall Irish Cream Latte with 2 shots of espresso.
- Request a different type of sweetener– Instead of Irish Cream syrup; you can request alternatives such as Splenda, raw sugar, or Sweet and Low.
- Specify unsweetened– You can request your barista not to use any sweetener in your Irish Cream Latte.
- Ask for light ice– To avoid too much ice and less liquid in your drink, you can request your barista to add light ice.
- Go from iced to hot– If you have been served an iced Irish Cream Latte and prefer it hot, you can ask your barista to heat it.
How to make Starbucks Irish Cream latte at home- Starbucks Irish Cream latte Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Irish Cream latte Copycat Recipe
- Syrup Bottle
- Sauce Pan
- 3 pumps of Irish Cream Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- ½ cup of Irish Cold Foam
- 1 cup of strong coffee
- Heat: Pour water into a saucepan on medium heat and boil. Add sugar and stir until it has fully dissolved. Remove it from heat, add ¼ teaspoon cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract and whisk them together.
- Cool syrup: Cool the syrup and transfer it to a clean syrup dispenser.
- Make Vanilla Sweet Cream: Combine a pump of Irish Cream Syrup and milk.
- Froth: Froth Irish Cold Foam until it becomes fluffy and thick.
- Combine: Add 1 cup of strong coffee, add the remaining 2 pumps of Irish Cream Syrup, and then stir until fully combined.
- Add topping: Pour ½ cup of Irish Cold Foam on top.
- Garnish: Sift the cocoa powder.
- You can use the chocolate syrup in place of cocoa powder.
- You can use the pre-made Irish Cream Syrup instead of making your own to make the process easier.
How to order a Starbucks Irish Cream latte?
To order Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte from the Starbucks app, you need to:
- Ensure you have downloaded the Starbucks app and have set up your Starbucks Rewards Account.
- Open the app.
- Select ‘Irish Cream Latte’ as your order
- Select the pick-up location you prefer.
- Place your order and wait for your drink to be delivered to the specified location.
How much is the Starbucks Irish Cream latte?
Starbucks Irish Cream Latte costs $4.45.
Is Starbucks Irish Cream latte good?
Yes, Starbucks Irish Cream Latte is good.
Is Starbucks Irish Cream latte seasonal?
Yes, Starbucks Irish Cream Latte is seasonal.
When does the Starbucks Irish Cream latte come back?
Starbucks Irish Cream Latte comes back on November 3rd.