If you would like to know how to enjoy a cup of Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte at home on a budget, then this is the article for you. Read it to find out everything about this drink.
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel combines several ingredients to obtain its sweetness. Since I discovered the drink during a marathon in 2019 when I visited Starbucks to look for a coolant and bought it, I have never taken a break from consuming it. It has always been my number one drink since it’s refreshing and tasty. After doing detailed research on it, I came up with this article to provide you with all you need to know about the drink.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks first served its first handcrafted latte in the year 1984. Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte is a beverage of Italian origin. It debuted alongside other popular lattes, such as Caffe Latte. This drink is becoming popular and loved by many. If you do not have access to Starbucks, you can use the copycat recipe in this article to make your own Cocoa Caramel Latte.
Is Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte is still available at Starbucks. It is among the most famous coffee shops’ classic drinks. This drink combines a variety of ingredients to suit your taste buds. It is available in different sizes, as shown in this article.
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, Dairy Content)
What’s in a Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte – (ingredients)
What is actually in Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte? Their website lists the ingredients in their Cocoa Caramel Latte as follows: Rich espresso, steamed milk, decadent mocha sauce, sweet caramel syrup, cold brew, whipped cream, and caramel drizzle. It only takes seven ingredients to make Starbucks toffee nut syrup. Let’s elaborate on each one of them.
- Rich espresso: It gives your Cocoa Caramel Latte a bold, sweet, and lively flavor.
- Steamed milk: Steamed milk is used to give your drink a sweet taste and creamy texture.
- Decadent mocha sauce: It gives your drink a milky-sweet taste.
- Sweet caramel syrup: It is added to give your drink a caramel taste.
- Cold brew: Cold brew gives your drink a sweet, smooth, and bitter taste.
- Whipped cream: Whipped cream adds a creamy counterpart to your latte.
- Caramel drizzle: Like sweet caramel syrup, caramel drizzle also gives your Cocoa Caramel Latte a caramel taste.
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine, Dairy Content & Calories
What sizes are available
The following sizes are available for Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte
- Short 8 fl oz– It is available for hot drinks only. Technically, it is the smallest drink available at the chain. It holds 8 ounces of your hot Cocoa Caramel Latte.
- Tall 12 fl oz – It is the second smallest drink size available at Starbucks and the smallest on the regular menu. It holds 12 ounces and is 50% larger than the short size. This equals 2 cups of a Standard 6-ounce coffee. You can order hot and cold Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte in a tall cup.
- Grande 16 fl oz– As the name suggests, ‘Grande’ means large in Spanish, but at Starbucks, Grande is a medium option. Each Starbucks Grande holds the same volume. It holds 16 ounces for your hot or cold Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte. Grande is the most suitable size to order your drink when it is hot.
- Venti cold 24 fl oz, hot 20 fl oz– Venti, In Italian, means 20. It holds 20 ounces for your hot Cocoa Caramel and 24 ounces for a cold Cocoa Caramel Latte at Starbucks.
The table below represents the nutritional facts of the Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte.
|Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)||140|
|Nutritional Value (16 fl oz)||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3.4g
Saturated Fat 2g
|Total Carbohydrate 21g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte is a healthy drink. Nutrients such as Calcium, Sodium, Carbohydrates, and Proteins make it a healthy drink. This breakdown of Cocoa Caramel Latte shows you some essential nutrients that impact your health and will assist you in working out the healthiest choice.
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte has approximately 150 mg of caffeine. Therefore, this drink is perfect for people who prefer low-caffeinated drinks. The espresso present in the drink contributes significantly to the percentage of caffeine that is present in the Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte. This drink may not be suitable for kids, but it is good for adults.
2% of milk is used to make Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte. Starbucks uses steamed milk to make its Cocoa Caramel Latte. Alternatively, there are other milk options you can choose from. The following are some of the other milk options you can select for your Cocoa Caramel Latte that is available at Starbucks:
- Coconut Milk
- Soy Milk
- Oat Milk
- Trim Milk
- Almond Milk
So, what does Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte taste like?
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte has a sweet, milky caramel taste. The taste is also slightly bitter due to espresso shots and cold brew. You can request your barista to increase the concentration of ingredients to get a better-tasting experience for your drink. For instance, increasing the concentration of sweet caramel syrup will give it a more sugary taste, and an increase in milk concentration will enhance the milky taste.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte at Starbucks – Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte Variations
The following are ways you can customize your Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte:
- Customize your milk preference– Unless you specify otherwise, Starbucks always uses 2% milk in all their drinks. You can choose the type and amount of milk you want to be used in your Cocoa Caramel Latte. For instance, you can choose 3% plant-based milk.
- Specify the number of syrup pumps– In this case, you can specify the number of sweet caramel syrup pumps you want in your drink.
- Request a different kind of sweetener– You can request your barista to use a different type of sweetener other than sweet caramel syrup. You can request syrups: Sweet and Low, Splenda, sugar, raw sugar, honey, and sugar.
- Ask for light ice– If there is little liquid and too much ice for your drink, you can request your barista to put light ice next time.
- Order it extra hot– If you want to drink your Cocoa Caramel Latte elsewhere and are afraid that it may get cold or warm by the time you arrive, you can order it extra hot.
- Request your drink to be shaken– You can request your barista to shake your Cocoa Caramel Latte for the ingredients to mix properly.
- Add cold foam– It gives your Cocoa Caramel a better texture and flavor.
How to make Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte at home- Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte Copycat Recipe
- Immersion blender
- 2 serving mugs
- ½ cup espresso
- 2 cups of caramel latte
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ¼ cup caramel syrup
- Whipped cream
- Few ice cubes
- Make espresso: Make your espresso using an espresso maker.
- Blend: Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 cups of milk, ½ cup of espresso, and ¼ cup of caramel syrup in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into serving mugs: After the ingredients have blended smoothly, pour the latte into serving mugs and leave some space inside the mug for ice cubes.
- Add toppings: Top with whipped cream and enjoy your drink.
- If you don’t have access to an espresso machine, you can brew strong coffee in your regular coffee pot and use it instead.
- If you wish to make your Cocoa Caramel Latte hot, you can heat milk, sugar, and caramel syrup in a saucepan.
How to order a Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte
To order Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte from the Starbucks app, you need to:
- Ensure you have downloaded the Starbucks app and have set up your Starbucks Rewards Account.
- Open the app.
- Select ‘Cocoa Caramel Latte’ as your order
- Select the pick-up location.
- Place your order and wait for your drink to be delivered to the specified location.
How much is the Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte?
Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte costs $4.6.
Is Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte good?
Yes, Starbucks Cocoa Caramel Latte is good.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.