The chocolate lover in you will be the happiest with just a sip of the Starbucks’ chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino. This drink is the best pick for chocolate fans.
True to its name, the Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino delivers the most delicious chocolate flavor amongst all chocolate-flavored drinks at Starbucks (at least, that is how I rate it). I discovered this drink through my sister; I have never had any other drink since then. A mix of vanilla and chocolate flavors is heaven for me, and that is precisely what I get from this drink. My best friend compares the feeling of having this beverage to snacking on your favorite chocolate bar but in liquid form. Therefore, if you are a lover of chocolates, stick around to learn more about the Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino and even learn how to make it at home.
Table of Contents
A brief history of the drink
The history of the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino is not as complicated as the drink’s name. This beverage combines’ vanilla bean Frappuccino, mocha syrup, java chips, and some whipped cream toppings. The vanilla bean Frappuccino was first introduced at the coffee chain in 1993 and has attracted a massive following over the years. On the other hand, the mocha sauce used in this frap has been around for ages and was launched at Starbucks in 1987. Though the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino has been around for several years, it is not on Starbucks’ regular menu and is only offered as a secret menu item. To order it, you must tell your barista its ingredients and how you want it prepared.
Is Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes! If you have already added this drink to your beverage bucket list and are wondering if you will ever get a chance to enjoy it at Starbucks, sigh with relief as it is still available. However, this drink is not on Starbucks’ regular menu and will take you a few steps to order. When ordering the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino via the Starbucks app, you will first search for the vanilla bean Frappuccino, tap on it and customize it by adding mocha syrup and java chips to it. Top it with regular whipped cream and chocolate drizzles, and place your order.
Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino (ingredients, taste, variations, sizes, caffeine, calories)
What’s in a Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino? – (ingredients)
The chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino is made of mocha syrup, java chips, and vanilla bean Frappuccino as a base drink. This frap is garnished with some chocolate drizzles and whipped cream to enhance the general flavor of the drink.
- Vanilla bean powder – though the vanilla flavor is essential, it spices up things in a drink. The vanilla flavor compliments the chocolate flavor, making this frap sweet and a dreamy option for any chocolate lover.
- Crème Frappuccino syrup – the crème Frappuccino does nothing much in a drink but gives it a Frappuccino identity and some sweetness.
- Whole milk – the vanilla bean Frappuccino used as a base drink in the chocolate chip brownie frap uses whole milk. Whole milk blends well with other ingredients, allowing the drink’s flavor to be fully experienced.
- Mocha syrup – mocha syrup is the core root of the chocolate flavor in this frap.
- Java chips – ever wondered why the chocolate flavor in a brownie frap is a notch higher? Then you have your answer right here. The java chips used to make this frap play a huge role in enhancing the chocolate flavor in this drink.
- Whipped cream/ chocolate drizzles – no better way to garnish your chocolate brownie frap than with a combination of whipped cream and chocolate drizzles, a heavenly match to give you a heavenly finish.
Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino: sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
The chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino is available at Starbucks in three sizes; a tall, 12 ounces; a Grande, and a Venti, 24 ounces. Therefore, you can enjoy this drink in whichever size you want, depending on your mood and, of course, the size of your wallet (the Venti is a bit pricier). However, since Frappuccino drinks are usually unhealthy with so many calories and carbs content in them, I wouldn’t advise you to go for the Venti serving size as that is too many calories for one meal. Though this is my go-to drink, I always have it in a tall and customize it as much as possible to make it healthy.
The chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino has relatively high amounts of calories and carbs and thus would not be the best drink option for someone on a low-calorie diet. However, as a once-in-a-while drink, this frap is the best, as you cannot afford to miss the flavor combo in this drink.
|Nutritional Value (Grande Serving)
|Total fat 16 grams
Saturated fat 10 grams
|Total carbs 53 grams
Sugars 52 grams
|Cholesterol 50 mg
|Sodium 250 mg
|Protein 5 grams
The chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino offered at Starbucks has no caffeine content. Therefore, this drink is perfect for those who enjoy a low-caffeinated drink. However, if you want a drink that will boost your energy, worry not, as you can customize this drink to increase its caffeine content. To get some caffeine from the chocolate chip brownie frap, ask your barista to prepare your frap with some espresso shots.
So, what does Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino taste like?
Chocolate with extra chocolate! That is exactly what this drink tastes like. To be honest, the chocolate flavor in this drink is so rich and was made for chocolate lovers. If you do not love chocolate, this drink will not be dreamy to you as it was to me. It is also sweet with some hints of vanilla. We all know there is no better flavor combo than vanilla and chocolate. So, you should give this secret menu frap a chance.
Ways to customize a Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino variations
To clear doubts, secret menu items can be customized further, depending on your liking. With the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino, there are several ingredients you can play with to get a different variation of this drink. First, you can decide to have this drink cold; just ask your barista to serve it over ice. And since fraps are unhealthy, you might want to customize your chocolate chip brownie to make it healthy. If you are on the health freak boat, simply drop the whipped cream and use a plant-based milk option instead of whole milk; that significantly reduces your drink’s calorie and carb content.
How to make Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino Copycat recipe
Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino Copycat recipe
- Milk of your choice
- Mocha syrup
- Chocolate drizzles
- Whipped cream
- Java chips
- Vanilla bean powder
- To make a replica of the chocolate chip brownie frap at home, prepare the base drink, the vanilla bean Frappuccino, but with java chips. So, put java chips, vanilla bean powder, and milk into your blender, and blend till all the ingredients mix well.
- Add average amounts of mocha syrup to your drink using a spoon and stir.
- Serve your drink garnished with whipped cream and mocha drizzle toppings. Enjoy!
- There are several ways you can make this drink at home; you can decide to blend all the ingredients (including the mocha syrup).
- Another variation of this frap at home is serving it over ice; mostly, if you make it on a hot afternoon, you will need ice to do the magic.
- Though whole milk brings out the flavor of this frap fully, any other milk can blend with these ingredients and thus use what you are comfortable with.
How do you order a Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino?
You cannot order the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino directly like other drinks, as it is not on Starbucks’ regular menu. Though ordering it is a bit of a hustle, it is not hectic as other secret menu items at Starbucks. With this frap, simply order a vanilla bean Frappuccino and customize it by adding java chips and a few pumps of mocha syrup to it depending on the size you want. Garnish your drink with chocolate drizzles to enhance the chocolate taste and some whipped cream for a heavenly finish.
Is Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino good?
Absolutely! The chocolate lover in you will be delighted you had this drink. Its chocolate flavor is dominant, and the hints of vanilla complement the flavor of this frap perfectly.
How much is Starbucks chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino?
The barista will determine the price of the chocolate chip brownie Frappuccino depending on the Starbucks location you visit, the size of your drink, and how you customize it.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.