With a creamy, smooth, and rich flavor, Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino will leave you wanting more. Read on to see how Starbucks prepares this Frappuccino.
Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino is among the most famous Frappuccinos on Starbucks’ menu. Starbucks usually prepares this drink using milk, ice, crème Frappuccino syrup, chai tea concentrate, cinnamon, and whipped cream. After tasting this Frappuccino for the first time, I couldn’t take my mind off it and desperately wanted to know how to make it so I could enjoy it without being limited.
After multiple trials, I finally devised a simple recipe to make this Frappuccino at home. With this recipe, you will have to differentiate your Chai crème Frappuccino from the one offered at Starbucks. Read on to see my simple recipe and ways you can customize this Frappuccino at Starbucks if you decide to order.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino was introduced at Starbucks a few years ago after this coffee chai store modified its regular Frappuccino drink to this tea-based Frappuccino. However, Starbucks introduced their first ever Frappuccino beverage in 1995, after buying the ‘Coffee Connection’ in 1994 from George Howell. To date, Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino is among the ordered Frappuccinos.
Is Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino is still available at Starbucks. Since this Frappuccino drink is on Starbucks’ regular menu, you won’t go through so much work and pressure ordering it, as you will ask the barista for it from the menu and the size you would like to be served.
Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino- (Ingredients)
According to Starbucks’ regular menu, the ingredients found in their Chai Crème Frappuccino are cinnamon, whipped cream, chai tea concentrate, ice, milk, and crème Frappuccino syrup. Let’s take a look at each of these ingredients.
- Milk: Starbucks uses 2% of whole milk to prepare the Chai crème Frappuccino. The milk used in this Frappuccino gives it a creamy texture and taste.
- Chai tea concentrate: Starbucks uses chai tea concentrate as the base ingredient of this Frappuccino drink. The chai tea concentrate gives this Frappuccino a chai taste and flavor. Starbucks prepares its chai tea concentrate by infusing black tea, water, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, natural flavors, cloves, and star anise with sugar, ginger juice, honey, vanilla, and citric acid.
- Crème Frappuccino syrup: Starbucks uses crème Frappuccino syrup to add a Frappuccino flavor and creamy taste and texture to this drink.
- Ice: ice is blended into this Frappuccino to make it cooler.
- Cinnamon is added to this Frappuccino to give it a spicy flavor.
- Whipped cream: just like most Starbucks Frappuccino, Starbucks tops this drink up with whipped cream to give it a more sweet and creamy taste.
Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino: sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
Concerning Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino, Starbucks offers this Frappuccino in three different sizes. These sizes are the Venti (24 fluid ounces), Grande size (16 fluid ounces), and the tall size (12 fluid ounces). If you are ordering this Frappuccino drink for the first time, I recommend ordering it from the Venti size, as you will absolutely love it and probably even order more.
When Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino is ordered in a Venti size, it usually contains 420 calories. Additionally, this drink has 58 grams of total carbohydrates, 18 grams of fat, 55 milligrams of cholesterol, 320 milligrams of sodium, and 7 grams of protein.
When you order the Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino in a Grande cup size, it contains 5 grams of protein, 46 grams of total carbohydrates, 230 milligrams of sodium, 50 milligrams of cholesterol, 16 grams of fat, and 340 calories.
Finally, when Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino is ordered in its smallest size, which is tall, it has 230 calories, 11 grams of fat, 35 milligrams of cholesterol, 160 milligrams of sodium, 29 grams of total carbohydrates and 4 grams of protein. This information shows that this Frappuccino drink is relatively healthy, as its calories are under the required calorie amount intake. The Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino also has low fat and cholesterol amounts, making it perfect.
Below is a table showing this Frappuccino’s nutritional value when served in a tall size.
|Calories (per 2,000 calories daily)||230|
|Nutritional value (Per 1 cookie 2.9 oz. serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 7g
Trans fat 0mg
|Total carbohydrates 29g
Dietary fiber 0g
The caffeine content of Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino is relatively low, so suitable for adults who prefer low-caffeinated drinks. When served in a tall size, this Frappuccino drink has a caffeine amount of 20 milligrams, while it has a caffeine amount of 40 milligrams when it is both served in a Grande and Venti size.
So, what does Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino taste like?
From all the ingredients used to make this Frappuccino, Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino has a relatively sweet, crème, and spicy taste. This Frappuccino derives its sweet taste from the whipped cream, milk, and crème Frappuccino syrup used. Additionally, this Frappuccino rink gets its creamy taste from the crème Frappuccino syrup, the milk, and the whipped cream. This drink’s spicy taste comes from the chai concentrate cinnamon and the extra cinnamon used as an ingredient.
Ways to customize Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino at Starbucks- Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino Variations
There are a few ways you can use to customize this Frappuccino. You can customize this Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino by adding Frappuccino chips and blending. You can customize this Frappuccino at Starbucks by adding your preferred flavors and extra syrups.
Concerning its topping options, you can customize this Frappuccino drink by selecting more than one topping to finish it to make it a little sweeter. You can also customize this Starbucks Frappuccino by leaving out the ice or choosing the kind of ice you want in the drink. For instance, you can use extra or light ice in this Frappuccino drink.
How to make Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino at home- Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Chai concentrates ingredients (tea leaves, water, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, natural flavors, cloves, star anise with sugar, ginger juice, honey, vanilla, and citric acid)
- Whipped cream
- To prepare Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino at home, you will first need to make its base drink, the chai tea concentrate.
- First, pour your preferred amount of water into a saucepan, put sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- Add the rest of the spices into your now-made mixture, and bring it to a simmer for a few minutes.
- After it has finished simmering, put a packet of tea bags in your saucepan, and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Strain your now-made chai concentrate into your cup.
- Pour your chai concentrate into a blender, and add your preferred amount of milk to it.
- Add your crème Frappuccino syrup, cinnamon, and ice, and lightly blend.
- Transfer your mixture into a cup or glass, and top it up with whipped cream to enjoy.
How do you order a Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino?
To order Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino, request the barista for this Frappuccino by mentioning its name and the size you wish to order this drink from. This is because the Chai crème Frappuccino is on Starbucks’ regular menu, so every barista is familiar with it.
Is the Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino good
yes, Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino is very good. If you have not yet tried this drink, I can assure you that you are missing out on a lot, and you should grab an order the next time you visit any Starbucks store.
How much is Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino
Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino costs around &3.65.
Is Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino healthy?
Yes, Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino is healthy.
Does Starbucks have Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino all year round?
Yes, Starbucks has their Starbucks chai crème Frappuccino all year round.
Can I order a Starbucks Chai crème Frappuccino from the Starbucks app?
Yes, you can order Starbucks Chai Crème Frappuccino from the Starbucks app. To do so, open the Starbucks app, go to the Frappuccino section and select Chai crème Frappuccino. Next, choose the size you want to order from, press the add to cart button, and you are good to go.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak.