If you love crunchy Frappuccinos that combine various flavors, then the Starbucks captain crunch is the drink for you.
Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino is a secret menu item that combines 2 classic flavors, berries and Captain Crunch. The first time I came across this drink was when I visited Starbucks after a long day trip. I was much undecided on what to order, and that was when one customer recommended to me the drink she had just bought, which happened to be the Captain Crunch Frappuccino. Being a fan of sweet drinks, I loved it. I became captivated and asked the barista for the recipe, and he gladly gave it to me. Read this article to see Captain Crunch Frappuccino’s recipe and ingredients.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino is a drink found on the Starbucks Secret Menu created by baristas and Frappuccino lovers. It is also referred to as Cap’n Crunch because of its similarity in taste with the Cap’n Crunch Frappuccino. Despite being a popular drink, most baristas working at Starbucks do not know how to make it because they were not trained.
Is Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino is still available at Starbucks. It is found on the Starbucks Secret Menu. You can purchase it at any Starbucks shop, either over the counter or online. Read this article to find out how to purchase it online.
Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino – (ingredients)
What is actually in Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino? Their website lists the ingredients in their Captain Crunch Frappuccino as follows: Hazelnut syrup, Strawberries, Toffee Syrup, Crème Frappuccino, Java Chips, and Caramel Syrup. It only takes six ingredients to make Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino. Let’s elaborate on each one of them.
- Hazelnut Syrup: It gives your Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino a subtle and nutty taste. Starbucks uses 1.5 pumps for Venti, 1 for Grande, and 1 for tall to make hazelnut syrup.
- Strawberries: Strawberries give the drink a sweet, fruity, and juicy taste.
- Toffee Syrup: It gives your drink a toasted nut and sweet flavor. Starbucks uses 2 pumps Venti, 1 pump tall, and 1.5 pumps of Grande to make the drink.
- Crème Frappuccino: It provides your drink with a sweet and creamy taste with a strong flavor of vanilla beans.
- Caramel Syrup: Caramel Syrup gives the drink a caramel candy sensation with hints of molasses. Starbucks uses 1 pump for Grande, 1.5 pumps for Venti, and 1.5 pumps for tall to make the drink.
- Java chips: Java chips are optional while making the Captain Crunch Frappuccino. It gives the drink a chocolatey taste.
Starbucks uses a certain proportion of all these ingredients to make the perfect Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino.
Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
The following sizes are available for Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino:
- Tall 12 fl oz– It is the second smallest size available at Starbucks and the smallest size on the regular menu. The tall size holds 12 ounces. This is equal to 2 cups of a Standard 6-ounce coffee. You can order hot and cold Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino in a tall cup.
- Grande 16 fl oz – ‘Grande’ means large in Spanish. However, when it comes to Starbucks, Grande is a medium option. It holds 16 ounces for your hot or cold Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino. Grande is the best size to order your Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino when it is hot.
- Venti 20 fl oz hot, 24 fl oz cold– Venti means 20 in Italian. It holds 20 ounces for your hot Captain Crunch Frappuccino and 24 ounces for a cold Captain Crunch Frappuccino at Starbucks. The main reason Venti-hot is smaller than venti-cold is that venti-cold is served with ice. Therefore, you are served the same beverage amount plus room for ice.
The following are nutrition facts for Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino
|Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)||300|
|Nutritional Value (16 fl oz)||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrates 52g
This breakdown of nutritional information for the Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino will help you work out the healthiest choice. Ingredients such as Carbohydrates, Protein, Iron, and Vitamins make the drink a healthy option.
Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino has approximately 0mg of caffeine. This is because the ingredients used to make the drink have no caffeine. Therefore, this drink is suitable for people who prefer caffeine-free drinks. It is also suitable for kids.
So, what does Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino taste like?
Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino has a sweet, nutty, fruity, and chocolatey taste. It also tastes like Caramel. If you are looking for a drink that combines a variety of flavors, then this is the drink for you. You can also enhance the drink’s flavor by requesting your barista to increase the concentration of ingredients. For instance, increasing the concentration of caramel syrup will make your Captain Crunch Frappuccino taste more Caramel than other ingredients.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino at Starbucks- Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino Variations
The following are ways you can customize a Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino:
- Add java chips– You can customize your Starbucks Captain Crunch by adding java chips to give your drink some crunch.
- Specify the number of syrup pumps– You can request your barista to add extra Caramel, toffee, and hazelnut syrup shots if you want more or reduce them if you want less.
- Ask for light ice– To avoid your drink having more fluid and less ice, you can request your barista to add light ice.
- Go from iced to hot– You can ask for your drink to be heated up if you don’t want it served cold.
- Request for a different type of syrup– Instead of Caramel, toffee, and hazelnut syrup, you can ask for a different type of sweeteners such as Sweet and Low, Splenda, or raw sugar.
- Add cold foam– Adding cold foam to your Captain Crunch Frappuccino gives your drink a great texture and flavor.
- Request your drink to be shaken– You can request your barista to shake your Captain Crunch Frappuccino for the ingredients to mix properly.
- Order it extra hot– You can request your Captain Crunch Frappuccino to be made extra hot.
- Ask for a skinny alternative– If you ask for a skinny alternative, your Captain Crunch Frappuccino will be made with no sugar and whipped cream.
How to make Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino at home – Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut syrup
- 2 tablespoons of toffee syrup
- Strawberry sauce
- ½ cup of crushed ice
- Blend: Add 2 tablespoons of toffee syrup, hazelnut syrup, strawberry sauce, and crushed ice until a thick and smooth mixture is formed. Then pour it into a glass.
- Add ingredients: Add caramel syrup, caramel sauce, and strawberry syrup into the glass containing the mixture.
- Add toppings: Add whipped cream on top, and your drink is ready to consume.
- Instead of strawberry syrup, you can use raspberry syrup
- You can add chocolate chips to your captain crunch Frappuccino after making it to give it a better taste.
- You can add strawberry ice cream to boost the strawberry taste in the Frappuccino.
- You can adjust the number of ingredients used to best fit what you want.
How do you order a Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino?
To order Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino from the Starbucks app, you need to:
- Download the latest Starbucks app if you don’t already have it, and set up your Starbucks Rewards Account.
- Open the app after you are through with the installation.
- Select ‘Captain Crunch Frappuccino’ as your order
- Choose your preferred location for pick-up.
- Place your order and wait for it to be delivered to your set location.
Is the Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino good?
Yes, Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino is good.
How much does a Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino cost?
Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino costs $4.00.
Is Starbucks captain crunch Frappuccino gluten-free?
Yes, Starbucks Captain Crunch Frappuccino is gluten-free.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.