If you’re a Starbucks regular, you’ve probably had the Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino. If you haven’t, this post will enlighten you about this frappuccino, so read on.
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is a coffee frappuccino at Starbucks prepared with milk, ice, vanilla bean powder, coffee, coffee frappuccino syrup, and whipped cream. One of the first vanilla frappuccinos I had from Starbucks was the café vanilla frappuccino. I loved it so much that despite the coffeehouse offering numerous vanilla frappuccino options, I still chose this one to date. I enjoy the taste and flavors of this drink, and I also love its fluffy and thick texture.
So if you’re new to this beverage, this post will teach you about its taste, ingredients, nutritional values, variations, and caffeine content. Additionally, you’ll know how to prepare this frappuccino in the comfort of your kitchen, so read on.
Table of Contents
A brief history of the drink
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino started as a secret menu frappuccino prepared with vanilla bean frappuccino and coffee around 2012. After its popularity grew, Starbucks transferred it to the main menu. The vanilla bean powder in this drink was introduced at Starbucks in 2002, with the introduction of the vanilla bean crème frappuccino. In previous years, Starbucks used whole milk in this frappuccino, but in 2016, the company made almond milk the default milk for this drink.
The coffee frappuccino syrup added to this frappuccino has been used at Starbucks since 1995, when the company began selling frappuccinos. Also, the whipped cream used to top this beverage has been used in the coffeehouse since the company started serving frappuccinos.
Is Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is available in all stores and can be ordered from the Starbucks website or app. Additionally, this beverage can be served any time of the year since none of its ingredients are seasonal – all its components are regular Starbucks items always in stock.
Starbucks Cafe Vanilla Frappuccino (Ingredients, taste, variations, sizes, caffeine, and calories)
What’s in a Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino? – (Ingredients)
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is prepared with the following;
- Ice: Starbucks blends regular ice cubes into the frappuccino to promote the refreshing cold taste of this drink.
- Milk: Almond milk is used as the base of this frappuccino to provide the creamy and smooth texture of the drink. The almond milk that Starbucks uses has vitamin A palmitate, xanthan gum, tricalcium phosphate, unfiltered water, sugar, guar gum, vitamin D2, also known as ergocalciferol, sea salt, sunflower lecithin, and real almonds.
- Coffee Frappuccino Syrup: Starbucks incorporates coffee frappuccino syrup to introduce coffee flavors and caffeine to this frappuccino. Starbucks coffee frappuccino syrup contains citric acid, water, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, sugar, natural flavors, and salt.
- Coffee: Besides the coffee frappuccino syrup, Starbucks also uses brewed coffee prepared with 100% dark roast Arabica coffee beans to add caffeine and flavors to the frappuccino. Alternatively, a customer can have blonde roast coffee instead of dark roast.
- Vanilla Bean Powder: Vanilla Bean Powder is added to the Café Vanilla Frappuccino to introduce the vanilla flavors and taste. This powder contains vanilla bean pieces, natural flavors, and sugar.
- Whipped Cream: Lastly, Starbucks uses whipped cream made with vanilla syrup and cream to top/garnish the frappuccino and to add more sweetness and texture to the drink.
Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino: Size, nutrition, caffeine, and calories
What sizes are available?
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is available in three sizes; the Venti, which holds 24fl oz. of frappuccino; the Grande, which carries 16fl oz. of frappuccino; and the tall size, which holds 12fl oz. If you want a frappuccino for your kid, the tall size is the best, but you can try asking the barista to prepare an 8fl oz. Frappuccino and serve it in their short cup, although it’s not guaranteed they’ll agree. Also, if you’re new to this frappuccino, do a taste test with the tall size.
The Grande size, the best-seller size for this drink, is excellent for those familiar with the frappuccino’s flavors. The Venti size is a great option if you’re a sweet tooth and looking to indulge in sweet vanilla and coffee flavors.
Wholistically, the Café Vanilla Frappuccino is not a healthy drink due to its high caloric count and high cholesterol, sugar, and fat levels. If consumed regularly and in large quantities, this frappuccino will be detrimental to your health in the long term. It’s best consumed as an occasional treat, especially if you’re inclined to larger sizes.
The table below has summed up all the nutrients of this frappuccino and presented their contribution to a daily diet of 2000 calories.
Calories from fat
|Nutritional Values (per 12fl oz. serving)
|% Daily Value
|Total carbs (44g)
|Dietary fiber (0g)
|Total fat (11g)
Saturated fat (7g)
Trans fat (0g)
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is caffeinated, with coffee and coffee frappuccino syrup incorporated. The tall size Café Vanilla Frappuccino has 65mg of caffeine, the Grande size has 95mg, and the Venti size has 125mg of caffeine. It’s worth knowing that these caffeine levels can change depending on a customer’s customizations in the frappuccino.
So, what does the Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino taste like?
The Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino is buttery, sweet, smooth, and fluffy, with rich coffee and vanilla flavors. This drink’s smooth, buttery, and fluffy feel is thanks to the ice blended with the almond milk. The sweetness of this frappuccino is from the sugar in the coffee frappuccino syrup, vanilla bean powder, and whipped cream. The coffee flavors are thanks to the coffee frappuccino syrup and coffee added to the drink, and lastly, the rich vanilla flavor is from the vanilla bean powder used.
Ways to customize a Starbucks Cafe Vanilla Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino variations
Almond milk is the default milk in this frappuccino, but you can substitute it with your favorite milk. Starbucks offers the following milk options; coconut, oat, heavy cream, sweet vanilla cream, breve, soy, 2% milk, nonfat, and whole milk.
If you’d like stronger coffee flavors and more caffeine, simply request the barista for more brewed coffee and coffee frappuccino syrup pumps in your frappuccino.
Depending on how rich you prefer the vanilla flavor, ask the barista to adjust the number of vanilla bean powder scoops they use to prepare your frappuccino.
The amount of whipped cream used to garnish your frappuccino can also be modified – light, extra, or no whipped cream options are available.
If you want, ask for a sweetener to be added to your drink.
How to make Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino Copycat recipe
Starbucks Café Vanilla Frappuccino Copycat recipe
- 1 cup of whole milk
- Whipped cream
- 2 shots of brewed espresso/2 tablespoons of instant coffee powder.
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons of coffee frappuccino syrup
- 1 large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
- 8 crushed ice cubes
- Aside from the whipped cream, blend everything else until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
- Serve the Café Vanilla Frappuccino in a tall glass and garnish it with whipped cream. Enjoy.
- Feel free to replace whole milk with whichever dairy you enjoy the most.
- You can either use homemade or store-bought coffee frappuccino syrup and whipped cream in this recipe.
- Any brand of vanilla bean powder and ice cream can also work for this recipe.
- For a more sweetened Café Vanilla Frappuccino, add a sweetener like honey to the frappuccino as you blend.
- Use as much coffee and coffee frappuccino syrup as you’d like, depending on how caffeinated you want the Café Vanilla Frappuccino.
- Use as much vanilla bean powder as you prefer to suit how rich you want the vanilla flavor in the frappuccino.
- Use as much whipped cream as you want to top your Café Vanilla Frappuccino.
How do you order a Starbucks cafe vanilla frappuccino?
To order from the Starbucks app, simply log into the app and under the frappuccino blended beverages, select Café Vanilla Frappuccino, and choose the size you want. Under the “Customizations” section, make all the modifications you want to your frappuccino, then place your order.
To order in-store, ask the barista for a “Café Vanilla Frappuccino” or “Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with coffee.”
Is the Starbucks cafe vanilla Frappuccino good?
Yes, this frappuccino is sweet, thick, and fluffy with rich flavors. However, since taste isn’t universal, it’s great to have the frappuccino yourself and see if you like it.
How much does a Starbucks cafe vanilla Frappuccino cost?
The price of this drink varies from location to location, and the size and customizations made to the drink also affect its price. The approximate price of this frappuccino is $2.95 for the tall size, $3.45 for the Grande, and $3,75 for the Venti size.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.