Anyone who loves crispy drinks loves Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino and might want to know its nutritional value. Read on to find out its copycat recipe and nutritional facts.
During this festive season, my friend dared me to try out Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino because I loved crispy drinks. I don’t like Frappuccino, but this one understood the assignment. We got into our local store and ordered two tall cups of Starbucks Vanilla Crème Whipped Frappuccino because it was my first time in so many years, so I was not sure if I would like it.
We came in with our Biscotti cookie and asked the barista to blend it in, but he declined due to the store’s regulations. So we asked for spoons, crushed the biscotti cookie in our drinks, and then stirred. I loved the drink, and to date, it’s my favorite Frappuccino. We realized we could make our Biscotti Frappuccino at home, so we researched more about the recipe and the nutritional facts. Here is what we got.
Brief History of the drink
Starbucks was looking to create a crunchy taste in Frappuccino, and Biscotti was the secret ingredient. They had realized that some customers craved a little more texture in their Frappuccino. Biscotti cookies are made in Italy and are specifically baked twice to achieve a compact texture and make it crispier.
Blending the biscotti cookie with Frappuccino was most likely inspired by the Italian culture of dipping the cookie into milk or other beverage and drinking it. After the first blend and taste, customers loved the secret drink, and more of them requested and ordered the drink. Up to date, it is among the most ordered drinks on the secret menu of Starbucks.
Is Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino is still available in Starbucks. All stores in all locations have Biscotti Frappuccino on their secret menu. However, the prices of ordering Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino will include the price of the biscotti cookie and Frappuccino.
Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino – (ingredients)
So up to this point, you have learned about the History of Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino and that the drink is still available in all Starbucks stores. However, what exactly is in the Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino?
According to their secret menu website, the main ingredients of Biscotti Frappuccino are the biscotti cookie and the Frappuccino. Therefore to get the exact ingredients in the drink, we will have to look at the ingredients used to make the most popular Starbucks Frappuccino- Starbucks Vanilla Crème Whipped Frappuccino and the ingredients used to make the Biscotti Cookie.
Ingredients in the Starbucks Vanilla Crème Whipped Frappuccino
- Frappuccino syrup: Starbucks uses this Frappuccino syrup that contains sugar, xanthan gum, water, natural flavor, potassium Sorbate, and citric acid. The Frappuccino syrup is responsible for the thickness and sweetness of the drink. It also gives the drink its natural flavor.
- Vanilla Syrup: It is among the base ingredients. It comprises natural flavors, sugar, water, citric acid, and potassium Sorbate. The vanilla syrup gives the Frappuccino a taste smell and enhances the vanilla taste on the tongue.
- Whipped cream: Whipped cream makes the Frappuccino heavy and creamy.
- Vanilla Bean Powder; This caffeine-free powder sweetens the Frappuccino and gives it a deep vanilla aroma. The powder gives the Frappuccino a fresh warm vanilla flavor. It is a particularly helpful ingredient for people who want to cut on added sugar. Vanilla powder naturally enhances the sweetness of the drunk; therefore, you will add only a little sugar.
- Milk: There is an option of using whole milk, almond, or soy milk. Whether you are Vegan or not, you can have a drink that matches your preference. However, in most cases, if you do not request special milk, baristas will use whole milk. Milk has the slightest capacity to alter the taste of the Frappuccino because other ingredients overpower it.
- Ice: You might think that mentioning ice is not essential, but you will be shocked that ice significantly changes the taste of the Frappuccino. The amount of ice in the drink changes its thickness, and more ice means a lighter Frappuccino. Starbucks uses specially shaped ice that matches the size of the drink.
Ingredients in Biscotti Cookie
Ingredients in the Biscotti Cookie are also essential because they affect the whole drink. The ingredients include; unsalted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, table salt, silvered almonds, and chocolate chips.
- Unsalted butter: Melted or softened butter also determines how crunchy the biscotti cookie can be.
- Eggs: The eggs used in biscotti cookies make them crispy and chewy.
- Sugar: Besides sweetening the biscotti cookie, it also enhances its crunchiness.
- Vanilla extract sweetens the cookie and creates a deep aromatic flavor.
- All-purpose flour: It is the main ingredient in Biscotti.
- Baking powder; helps in the leavening of the dough and enhancing the brownness of the biscotti cookie.
- Table Salt: it balances the taste
- Chocolate: it makes the Biscotti crispier.
- Almond: It enhances the taste
Now that you know the different ingredients in the Frappuccino and biscuit, you know that crushing the Biscotti in the Frappuccino is equal to having an intake of the listed ingredients.
Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
The sizes of the Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino entirely depend on the type of Frappuccino you want. Frappuccinos at Starbucks are available in tall, venti, and Grande cups. Venti is the biggest cup that takes Upto three standard cups. If it is your first time, please go with a tall cup but for people like me who are in love with the drink, Grande cups all the way.
Starbucks is yet to give a detailed nutritional sheet about their Biscotti Frappuccino because it is on the secret menu. However, we can rely on the detailed nutritional information of the base drink; in this case, we have a Vanilla cream Frappuccino. The table below gives a summary of the nutritional facts.
Calories from fat
Total fat (16g)
Saturated fat (10g)
Trans fat (0.5g)
Dietary fiber (0)
The caffeine content will depend on the type of Frappuccino that you use. Some Frappuccinos do not use coffee as an ingredient, meaning there is zero caffeine; however, if you go with Frappuccino like white mocha Frappuccino, then the approximate caffeine content is 65mg.
So, what does Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino taste like?
Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino has a heavenly taste. The drink is crunchy and chewy in the mouth because of the biscuit. The vanilla in the drink gives a sweet aromatic smell.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino Variations
Customization depends on how you like it. You can add instant espresso shots to your drink if you want to add caffeine content. You can make the drink crunchier by adding chocolate chips. Also, if you prefer warm drinks, you can make a warm Frappuccino. Also, you can add caramel sauce to the drink if you like the caramel taste and aroma.
How to make Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino at home – Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Frappuccino base syrup
- The first step is preparing your favorite Frappuccino.
- Put half a cup of milk in the blender.
- Add two pumps of Frappuccino syrup.
- Add your ice cubes
- Blend at high speed to ensure the ice is ground and well blended with the other ingredients.
- Slice your preferred pieces of biscotti into small pieces and crush them into little finer pieces
- Put the crushed Biscotti into the glass, add the Frappuccino from the blender and stir the mixture with a spoon.
- You can sprinkle the pieces of biscotti on top of your drink to make it more attractive. Enjoy!
- Making Biscotti Frappuccino at home is the best option because you will do more customization with your drink.
- Caffeine content depends on your choice of Frappuccino.
How do you order a Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino?
You can order Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino by telling the barista to get you your favorite Frappuccino and asking them to blend in your Biscotti. You can buy your biscotti pieces and give them to the barista to blend in while you order. However, some stores in different locations are too strict and need to allow your barista to add new items from the store to the drink. You can do it yourself; ask for a spoon, add your pieces of biscotti, and blend.
Is Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino good?
Yes, Starbucks Frappuccino is good. It is healthy when you take it in controlled amounts.
how much is biscotti Frappuccino
You will spend an average of $5-10 when buying a Starbucks Biscotti Frappuccino, depending on the size of the cup and location. Also, you must note that in some stores, you will need to go with your Biscotti. Therefore you will spend a little more.
Can I order Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino any time of the year?
Yes, you can order Starbucks biscotti Frappuccino any time of the year. It is on the secret menu all through the year.