If you are a fan of the strawberry acai lemonade offered at Starbucks, you will love the berry caramel Frappuccino provided by the coffee chain. Read on to learn more about the Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino.
I discovered the berry caramel Frappuccino through a Starbucks barista on TikTok. The drink was aesthetically pleasing, and I knew I had to try it once I visited any Starbucks location. True to its appearance, this drink is the cool, crisp refresher you need on a hot afternoon. It has a tropical flavor that blends several fruit flavors to create a refreshing beverage.
It is mainly made for people who love a drink rich in flavor and with low caffeine content. Or, if you want something to quench your thirst but with some flavor, this drink is for you. However, ordering it is a bit of a process as it is a secret menu item with a long recipe. All in all, it is a great drink and worth a try. If you want to know more about it, continue reading.
A brief history of the drink
The berry caramel Frappuccino went viral in 2022 after a video of a Starbucks barista making it circulated online. This was just after the strawberry acai lemonade used as a base drink in this frap was launched at the coffee chain in July this year. Like the pink drink offered at Starbucks, this drink is aesthetically pleasing, and its taste is way better than its appearance. Over the few months it has been around, it has gotten a massive following due to its complex fruity flavor with hints of caramel.
Is Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, the Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino is still available at Starbucks as all ingredients used to make it are readily available at the coffee house. This beverage was just birthed this year and is still fresh on the Starbucks menu. However, ordering it is not as straightforward as ordering a drink on the coffee house’s regular menu, as not all baristas know its recipe.
Additionally, you cannot order this drink on the Starbucks mobile application as it is pretty complex. However, if you want to enjoy it at the Starbucks location, order the strawberry acai lemonade, and ask your barista to blend it with strawberry puree and lemonade juice. Add some scoops of strawberry and mango in it and blend. Ask your barista to top your beverage with caramel drizzles; enjoy!
Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino (Ingredients, taste, variations, sizes, caffeine, calories)
What’s in a Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino – (Ingredients)
Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino is made with strawberry acai lemonade as the base drink, strawberry puree, apple juice, strawberry, mango syrup, and caramel drizzles used as toppings. These ingredients are double blended, making it a Frappuccino.
- Strawberry acai lemonade – the strawberry acai lemonade used as a base drink for this frap is made with strawberry acai refresher, lemonade, and ice. This refresher is refreshing and fruity and contributes to the fruity flavor of the berry caramel Frappuccino.
- Apple juice – apple juice enhances the tropical fruity flavor of this frap. It adds some unique sweetness to it, making it more refreshing.
- Strawberry – though this drink uses a lot of strawberries, funnily enough, the strawberry taste in this frap is not that strong. It perfectly balances the other ingredients, making this frap taste more like a tropical smoothie.
- Mango – to make the fruity flavor of this secret menu item more complex and sweet, this drink is prepared with some scoops of mango.
- Caramel drizzle – caramel drizzles are a key ingredient in this drink as it twists this beverage’s flavor and balance out the fruity flavor. This makes this drink more interesting to enjoy, as it is a bit of everything blended and balanced out perfectly.
Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino: sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Starbucks offers the berry caramel Frappuccino in four sizes; a Trenta (30 ounces), a Venti (24 ounces), a Grande (16 ounces), and a tall (12 ounces.) If you are not a big fan of tropical fruit flavor drinks but want to try out the cherry blossom Frappuccino, I recommend you start by ordering a tall and upgrade to a larger size if you love it. However, if fruity drinks are your thing, you can go directly into order a Venti, as this drink is healthy and should not put your health at risk.
As mentioned above, the cherry blossom Frappuccino, unlike most Frappuccinos at the coffee house, is relatively healthy. A Grande serving of this frap has 140 calories and no fat content.
Calories from fat
|Nutritional Value (Grande serving)||% Daily Value|
|Total fat 0 grams
Saturated fat 0 grams
|Total carbs 35 grams
Sugars 32 grams
|Sodium 15 mg||1%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||–|
|Protein 0 grams||–|
Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino has 45 mg of caffeine. This caffeine is from the strawberry acai lemonade used as a base in this drink. All refreshers at Starbucks have 45 mg of caffeine, which is also the case with the strawberry acai lemonade. Therefore, this drink best suits someone who loves a fruity-flavored drink with low levels of caffeine.
So, what does Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino taste like?
Tropical fruit with hints of caramel! That is the best way to describe the flavor of the cherry blossom Frappuccino. The consistency of this frap almost resembles that of a milkshake, and you can mistake it for a tropical fruit smoothie when having it. It is refreshing and not overly sweet; it just has the right amount of sweetness to hold you around for a long—the hints of caramel balance out this frap’s tropical flavor, reducing the fruity taste’s strength.
Ways to customize a Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino variations
I love how Starbucks allows you to try different variations of the same drink by customizing it. With the berry caramel Frappuccino, I sometimes have it warm or cold. The standard version of this drink is offered cold. However, ask your barista to blend it without ice to keep it warm.
Additionally, you can ask your barista to use caramel syrup in your drink if you want a more complex flavor. If you have a sweet tooth, consider adding sweeteners or add-ins to this frap to enhance its sweetness and general flavor. I also sometimes have this drink dirty by asking my barista to prepare it with an extra shot of espresso, mostly when I need some energy boost. This is because the caffeine content of this frap is relatively low and will not stimulate you.
How to make Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino at home – Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Strawberry acai base
- Apple juice
- Strawberry puree
- Caramel drizzle
- To make the strawberry caramel Frappuccino at home, place lemonade, strawberry puree, apple juice, ice, and strawberry acai in a blender and blend till all the ingredients mix well.
- Add some scoops of strawberry and mango in the blender and continue blending till they mix well.
- Transfer your drink to a glass, and top it with caramel drizzles. Serve!
- If you want a drink with a decadent strawberry taste, you can decide to make your strawberry acai base at home. If that process is tiresome, you can easily buy this acai base at a grocery store or Amazon.
- You can add caramel syrup to your beverage to enhance its flavor and make it more complex.
- You can have this drink cold or iced. If you want to have it iced, serve it over ice instead of blending it with ice.
How do you order a Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino?
The process of ordering the berry caramel Frappuccino is a bit long, and thus I would advise you to visit a store that is not busy when you want to have it. To order it, ask your barista for strawberry acai lemonade with strawberry puree and apple juice. Add some strawberry and mango to your drink, and ask your barista to double-blend it. Lastly, ask for caramel drizzles are add to your drink as a topping. You cannot order this secret menu item via the Starbucks mobile application since it is more complex.
Is Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino good?
Yes, this drink is good and can easily impress anyone. It tastes like tropical fruit, and the ingredients blend well to create a general sweet flavor.
How much is Starbucks berry caramel Frappuccino?
The berry caramel Frappuccino is quite expensive; a Grande serving of this fruity beverage will cost you around $7.