Nobody talks of the ingredients used to make Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino and its taste. Moreover, no one mentions how easy it is to make it from home. Find out today
I learned everything about Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino on my niece’s birthday because I had promised her a pink drink. So we ordered the Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino in Venti Cup in the store because there was no option on the app.
Our favorite barista knew how to make it, which saved us the explanations. We inquired about the key ingredients that could help us make the drink, and we were told to get Toffee nut syrup, Raspberry syrup, milk, crème base, ice, and pink whip crème( because my niece wanted more pink. We only need a blender and a glass to make this drink. We enjoyed it and wanted to know more about its nutritional value. Read on to find out more about Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino.
Brief History of the drink
Barbie Frappuccino was first served at Starbucks in 2014. It was invented after Starbucks got positive feedback from customers about its new pink drinks. The drink is in honor of Barbie, who has created a great legacy. The pink colors of the Barbie drink are also motivated by Barbie’s pink color signature.
After the first serving, the drink trended online on every social media platform, especially TikTok, Instagram, and Pinterest. Barbie’s media popularity also made people want to taste a drink that is made using her as an inspiration. So many customers tasted and proved that Barbie is among their favorite pink Starbucks drinks. To date, Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino is among the most ordered pink drink from Starbucks.
Is Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino is still available at Starbucks. You can order in-store and tell the barista exactly how you want your drink. However, you cannot order it through the app because there is no option for this drink on the app. Also, if you vegan is, you want to order and tell the barista what milk to use as you give other instructions.
Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino – (ingredients)
Great, up to this point, you have learned the History of Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino, but now we get into what exactly makes the drink tasty. So, what ingredients are found in Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino? Surprisingly, there are only four main ingredients in this drink; the rest of the ingredients are for customization and toppings. According to their secret menu website, ingredients used to make Barbie Frappuccino include; Milk, Ice, Toffee nut Syrup, Raspberry Syrup, crème base, and pink whip crème.
- Toffee nut syrup: This ingredient gives the drink its unique Barbie-like taste and increases its nutritional value. The toffee nut syrup used in Starbucks is particularly nutritive because it has water, natural flavor, sugar, salt, and healthy preservatives, including citric acid and potassium Sorbate. In a Grande cup, you will only have two pumps of this syrup in your Barbie Frappuccino. Just two pumps give the drink its unique flavor.
- Raspberry Syrup: Talk of anything Barbie, you know it comes in pink shades, and Raspberry Syrup serves the exact purpose in Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino. Raspberry syrup is essential in giving the drink its pink color. Starbucks uses Raspberry syrup from Fontana. However, recently, Starbucks has been more focused on using raspberry syrups that do not have any artificial dye in their drinks. Basic ingredients in raspberry used in Barbie Frappuccino include cane sugar, water, raspberries, citric acid, natural flavors, and sodium benzoate. Also, this raspberry syrup is responsible for the thickness level of the Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino.
- Milk; You cannot miss milk in Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino because it is the liquid that allows the rest of the ingredients to combine and blend well. You can use dairy milk or vegan, depending on your style. Milk gives the drink its lasting taste and also enhances its nutritional value.
- Crème base: Crème base is also essential in this drink to increase the smoothness of the blend and ensure the ingredients are mixed equally. Starbucks uses crème base whose key ingredients include; xantham gum, sugar, salt, water, natural flavor, and citric acid. Crème base makes Barbie Frappuccino a decaf drink because it replaces coffee. Also, there is a vegan type of crème base that Starbucks uses in this drink.
- Ice: Ice is essential to keep the Barbie Frappuccino at the desired cold temperature.
- Pink Whip Crème: This ingredient helps in creating punk color variations in the drink
Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What are the Sizes of Barbie Frappuccino Available at Starbucks?
You can order your Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino in three cup sizes. It is available as a 12 fl oz in a tall Starbucks cup. It is also available as a 16 fl oz in a Starbucks Grande Cup. Lastly, Barbie is also available in a Venti cup which is 24 fl oz. A Venti-size cup is about three regular cups.
So if you order a Venti size, be sure to have tasted and liked Barbie Frappuccino well enough because a venti cup size is a lot of Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino. If you are tasting the drink for the first time, order it in a tall cup because you might like it or not like it, so there is no need to overspend and waste resources. However, I’d advise lovers of Barbie Frappuccino, like myself, to always order a Grande cup because the size is perfect for quenching the cravings.
Knowing the nutritional value of a drink is a motivating factor to buy it continuously; that’s why Starbucks is looking forward to releasing a detailed nutritional facts write-up about their Barbie Frappuccino. Currently, there is less information about the nutritional value of the Starbucks Barbie drink.
However, do not worry; our ingredients will help us understand exactly what we get into our bodies. Judging from the ingredients, the table below provides detailed nutritional values of the Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino.
|Calorie count out 2000 daily calorie intake
Calories from Fat
|Nutrient content per tall serving||%Daily Value|
|Total Fat (11g)
As mentioned, crème base replaces coffee in Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino, which is made from home. Therefore, the homemade drink has no caffeine—it is decaf by default. However, the Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino available at Starbucks has White Mocha Frappuccino as a base drink. Therefore it has caffeine content. In a tall Starbucks cup of Barbie Frappuccino, there are 65 milligrams of caffeine.
So, what does Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino taste like?
Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino tastes fruity, nutty, and milky creamy on the tongue. The overpowering fruity taste is due to the raspberry syrup, and the soft notes of nut are due to Toffee nut syrup. The tone is girlish on the tongue, just like the inspiration for making the drink, Barbie.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino Variations
The best thing about this drink is how you can easily customize it. For vegans, you can customize it with almond or soy milk and use a vegan crème base. For everyone, you can choose to have warm and order a warm Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino. If you want the chocolates to taste, add chocolate chips or syrup and blend. Also, you can customize it with caramel sauce and instant espresso.
How to make Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Grande Cup
- Syrups: Toffee nut syrup & Raspberry syrups
- Crème base
- First, pour some milk into the pitcher of the blender.
- Put two pumps of Toffee nut syrup into the blender
- Add two pumps of raspberry syrup into the mixture in the blender
- Add an ice cube Add three pumps of crème base to help smoothen the blend.
- Blend at a medium speed
- You can use 1.5 of each syrup and a standard crème base for tall cups.
- For Venti cups, you can use 2.5 pumps of the syrup and add a standard base crème
- You can also use pink whip cream to get the exact Barbie pink color.
How do you order a Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino
The first thing you do is order a white mocha cream Frappuccino in a Grande size cup. Then request an addition of guava juice and strawberry puree.
Is Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino good?
Yes, it is good because it tastes so sweet and healthy. It does not have too much sugar and calories.
How much is Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino
You will spend between 5-8 dollars on Barbie Frappuccino at Starbucks, depending on the drink’s size and the Starbucks store’s location.
Can I order Starbucks Barbie Drink from the Starbucks app?
No, unfortunately, the Starbucks Barbie Frappuccino option is not on the app.