If you love excellent-tasting Starbucks beverages, you must try the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino. You can also save money by learning how to make it at home.
I learned about the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino from my dad, who worked as a Starbucks barista for five years. he understands so much about Starbucks drinks, and I always love his choice. During my summer graduation, he handed me the drink just before I went to make my graduation speech. I did not have time to take the drink, but the few sips I took were refreshing. I made my speech and came straight to finish it. With insufficient income to order the drink frequently, I learned how to make it, and I will teach you.
Brief History of the drink
The introduction of Starbucks apple juice in 2012 opened great possibilities for Starbucks customers. Soon after the company introduced the juice, customers started to find ways of customizing it for a unique taste. Soon the apple pie Frappuccino was born, and the rest is History. There is no specific date the Frappuccino was introduced in the market.
Is Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, the Starbucks apple Frappuccino is still available at Starbucks. It is one of the drinks you will hardly miss as long as there is apple juice. The drink is available on the secret menu, depending on apple juice availability. So, you can get the drink at any Starbucks store at any time of the year.
Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories
What’s in a Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino – (ingredients)
What’s actually in Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino? According to the Starbucks secret menu website, the beverage has a few simple ingredients: apple juice, cream, cinnamon dolce syrup, caramel syrup, whipped cream, and caramel drizzle. These are the basic ingredient that produces excellent tasting drink. Let’s discuss each ingredient below:
- Apple juice– Starbucks apple juice is made from 100% apple fruit, not concentrates. It has no added sugars and contains the nutrients in apple fruit. However, customers can request to customize it when ordering.
- Cream base – the Starbucks half-and-half cream is used as a base for this beverage. It has dairy content since it is made from cow’s milk.
- Cinnamon dolce syrup – is sweet and spicy. It is made from cinnamon and brown sugar. Its flavor is excellent for iced drinks such as Frappuccino.
- Caramel syrup – is sweet and increases the sweetness of the drink. It is made of caramelized sugar and produces an excellent caramel flavor.
- Whipped cream – Starbucks uses heavy cream to make the whipped cream. The heavy cream is whipped with a mixer until it becomes soft and fluffy. It improves the texture of the drink.
- Caramel drizzle – improves the drink’s appearance and increases the caramel flavor. It makes the whipped cream sweeter and more palatable.
- Ground Biscotti – adds a biscotti flavor, and their primary role is to add a crunchy feel to the drink. They are optional.
Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available
Starbucks serves the drink in four cup sizes. It has a kids’/short size, 8 fl oz., as the name suggests. The short size is perfect for kids, especially ten years and below. The sizes are small because kids may not finish the larger cup sizes. However, if your kid loves the drink and needs a bigger size, there is no restriction on the size you get them. The second is the tall cup size, 12 fl oz. I prefer this size when I try a drink for the first time or have a small budget. The Grande serving is 16 fl oz and is excellent and satisfactory. Finally, the Venti size is 20 fl oz and is the biggest serving for this drink.
A Grande serving of the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino has 280 calories. The calories are not too high for the drink, and one can afford to take two Grande servings without the fear of too many calories. The drink has no cholesterol, Fat, or proteins. The cream base contributes insignificant amounts of any of the three nutrients.
The table below shows the entire nutritional composition of the drink.
|Calorie count (out of 2,000 calories daily intake)||280|
|Nutrient Content (per Grande serving)||% of Daily Value|
|Total Fat (0g)
Trans Fat (0g)
Saturated Fat (g)
|Total carbohydrates (57g)
Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino has no caffeine. The lack of caffeine is because it has no coffee or tea, which are the contributors of caffeine in Starbucks beverages. It is a good drink if you are avoiding caffeine. However, you should get caffeine from alternative drinks if you need caffeine stimulation and to boost your energy.
So, what does Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino taste like?
The drink has a sweet and spicy flavor. The spicy flavor originates from the cinnamon dolce syrup. It also has a delicious caramel flavor that comes from caramel syrup. The two syrups have a large part of sugar and therefore sweeten the drink. The apple flavor is also vivid in the drink because apple juice makes up the most significant part of the drink. Customers describe the drink as pretty good and sweet.
Ways to Customize a Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino Variations
There are several ways of customizing the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino at Starbucks. First, when ordering in the Starbucks app, you can add other syrups, such as toasted vanilla or toffee nut syrup. Also, you can add toppings such as dragon fruit inclusion or strawberry puree. Chai is also an addition, especially when you need the caffeine kick in the drink.
How to make Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Juice extractor
- A jar
- Syrup pumps
- Ice scoop
- A pan
- 5 Ripe apple fruits
- Cream base
- Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Whipped cream
- Clean the five ripe apples thoroughly and place them in a juice extractor.
- Collect the apple juice in a glass jar and place it in a fridge for two hours
- As the apple juice cools in the fridge, dissolve equal parts of sugar in water.
- Pour the thick sugar solution into a cooking pan and over a medium source of heat
- Keep turning the solution until it starts to change color to brown
- Remove the cooking pan from the heat source and pour the caramel into a syrup pump.
- Fill the first line of a 20 fl oz cup with a cream base
- Pour the cold apple juice into the 20 fl oz cup until ¾ full
- Add 1.5 pumps of caramel and cinnamon dolce syrups
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Top with whipped cream and add caramel drizzle.
- The drink is sweet, but if you have a sweet tooth, you can add the number of syrup pumps for each syrup.
- To make the drink crunchy, you can add some ground-up biscotti.
- You can avoid the caramel drizzle to avoid having the caramel flavor dominate the drink and reduce sugar and calorie counts.
- Finally, you can order apple juice from Starbucks instead of making it yourself.
- Starbucks caramel syrup is also available on Amazon; you can order it instead of making it at home.
How do you order a Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino?
You must visit a Starbucks store to order the apple pie Frappuccino. Request the barista to fill the first line of a Grande serving cup with a cream base, fill the second line with apple juice, add 1.5 pumps of caramel and cinnamon dolce syrups, and top with whipped cream. You can ask for a caramel drizzle if you like the drink sweeter and with extra caramel flavor.
Is the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino good?
Yes, Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino is good. First, it is a healthy drink because it does not contain Fat and cholesterol. It also has a low-calorie count and is especially good for individuals with a sedentary lifestyle. Secondly, the drink is sweet and has a delicious spicy cinnamon flavor.
How much is Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino
Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino is $4.55 but may vary with location.
Is the Starbucks apple pie Frappuccino the same as Apple Pie A La Mode Frappuccino?
Yes, the drink is the same, with a slightly different name. They have similar ingredients, tastes, and nutritional content. The difference in the name may be due to how customers refer to the drink in different regions since the drink is not on the official Starbucks menu.