Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino is very famous and loved by many people. So, what does it contain, and how is it made? Read on to find out.
I am a big fan of Starbucks drinks, especially their Frappuccinos. I was browsing Starbucks magazine when I learned about Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino. I decided to try it out and ordered it. The drink was beyond my expectations, and I loved how refreshing it was. I have been ordering this Frappuccino after my morning yoga and have become obsessed with it. I have written this article to inform you about Starbucks American Cherry Pie Frappuccino’s ingredients, nutritional information, caffeine, and how you can make them at home, so read till the end.
A brief history of Starbucks American Cherry Pie Frappuccino
The first Starbucks American Cherry Pie Frappuccino was made in Starbucks, Japan. They officially announced that the drink would be available at their stores on 13th April 2017. The drink was their official drink invented by a barista from Starbucks japan, though the name of the barista is unknown. The Frappuccino was inspired by the cherry pie a la mode flavor. By the end of May, the Frappuccino was made available at all Starbucks stores. It can be purchased as a hot or an iced Frappuccino.
Is Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino still available at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks America Cherry Pie Frappuccino is available at Starbucks stores and the Starbucks app. Being Starbucks’ official drink, it is available on its menu, and to order, you can just ask for an American Cherry Pie Frappuccino from the barista. The drink is available in different sizes.
Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino – (ingredients)
What does Starbucks American Cherry Pie Frappuccino? According to the Starbucks website, the American Cherry Pie Frappuccino contains a list of ingredients. They include the vanilla-flavored crème base, cherry compote, pie crumbles, and topped whipped cream. Let us look at each ingredient.
- Vanilla-flavored crème base: This is made up of espresso and vanilla syrup. The espresso used is from Starbucks and is made with natural coffee grounds, making it strong. The espresso also contains foamed milk and sugar. The vanilla syrup used when making the base is used to sweeten it.
- Cherry compote: This is used to give the drink a fruity flavor. It contains Cherries, granulated sugar, water, and citrus juice. It is delightful since it has added sugar that enhances the sweet taste of the cherries.
- Pie crumbles: they are small pieces used as pie topping. They are made with flour, butter, and sugar. The pieces are thrown into the Frappuccino, and they are the ones that add a creamy taste to the drink.
- Whipped cream: it is used as the topping of the drink.
Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
There are three different sizes of American Cherry Pie Frappuccino available at Starbucks. They include a tall size (12 fl oz), Grande (16 fl oz), and Venti size (24 fl oz). All the sizes cost differently and have different nutritional information. They also contain different amounts of caffeine since espresso varies according to size.
It is best to start with a tall-size Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino to test whether you like it and not waste the drink if you don’t. For a person who has been having the drink, you can choose any size you like. However, it is best to have the Grande size if you often have this drink.
Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino is very nutritional. However, the drink contains too much sugar, which may not be healthy for everyone that takes it. Additionally, the drink is neither vegan nor gluten-free, and its calorie content is relatively high and cannot be burned easily if consumed in high amounts.
|Calorie (out of the 2,000 calories daily intake)||280|
|Nutritional information ( in a Grande size serving)||% daily value|
|Total fat 14 g||22 %|
|Cholestero 15 mg||5 %|
|Total carbs 37 g||12 %|
|Sugar 50 g||82 %|
|Protein 6 g||12 %|
|Sodium 100 mg||4 %|
Most Starbucks Frappuccinos do not have caffeine, and for those that have caffeine, the content is very low. Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino’s caffeine content varies according to the size of the drink. In a tall size, there is 60 mg of caffeine, 90 mg of caffeine in a Grande size, and 120 mg in a Venti size. This is because there is only one shot of espresso in a tall drink, two in a Grande size and three in a Venti size.
So, what does Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino taste like?
Starbucks American Cherry Pie Frappuccino is very sweet. The drink contains a lot of sugar from vanilla syrup, added sugar, and cherries in the compote. It also has a coffee taste that can be felt from afar. It is also creamy since it has foamed milk and butter used to make the crumples. Even though it has butter, the buttery taste is not dominant, making the drink enjoyable.
Ways to Customize an American cherry pie Frappuccino at Starbucks – Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino Variations
You can customize Starbucks’ American Cherry Pie Frappuccino in many ways, especially when ordering it. Those who don’t like caffeine can customize the drink by using a decaf espresso when making the base of the drink to make it caffeine free.
Another way to customize the drink is to leave out whipped cream topping to reduce the drink’s sweetness. Also, you can choose to leave out the sugar that is added to the espresso.
How to make Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino at home – Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Cherry pitter
- Espresso machine
- Coffee mug
- 1 can of cherries Citrus juice
- ½ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of cold water Foamed milk
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla extract
- 5 scoops of Vanilla ice cream
- Pie crumbles
- Granulated sugar
- Prepare the cherries by washing them and removing the center pit using a cherry pitter.
- Put the pitted cherries, water, citrus juice, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat the ingredients in the pan for around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove them from the heat and let them cool as you make the espresso.
- Set up the espresso machine as required.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of coffee grounds in the right place of the espresso machine.
- Pour hot water on the coffee grounds.
- Measure a half cup of espresso and pour it into the coffee mug.
- Add the espresso, vanilla extract, ice, vanilla ice cream, and milk in a blender and blend until all the ingredients are smooth and the ice is crushed.
- Put the Frappuccino into a cup.
- Add ¼ of the cherry compote you had made earlier to the Frappuccino.
- Add pie crumble to the Frappuccino.
- Add whipped cream as the topping of the drink, and enjoy your American cherry pie Frappuccino.
- Adding sugar to the cherry compote is optional since the cherries are delightful and can be used to sweeten the compote without additional sugar.
- If it is hard for you to make the cherry compote, you can buy it at Starbucks, and it can be stored in a fridge for 2 weeks without going bad.
- You can also buy the espresso at Starbucks instead of making it at home or just buy a Starbucks vanilla Frappuccino.
- It is not a must to add whipped cream in case you need a drink with less sugar.
- The total time taken to prepare the drink is 40 minutes.
How do you order a Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino?
You can order Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino at a Starbucks store or on the Starbucks app. Just walk to the barista to order at the store and ask for the American cherry pi Frappuccino.
To order on the app, log in and go to the Frappuccino drinks. Customize the Frappuccino by editing its flavor to vanilla flavor. Add cherry compote together with pie crumbles. Add whipped cream as the topping of the drink, and finally, click the order option. Give it five minutes to be ready, and pick it up later.
Is the Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino good?
Yes, Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino is delicious. the drink is very healthy and nutritious.
How much is the Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino?
Starbucks American cherry pie Frappuccino costs from $4 to $7. The drink’s price varies with the drink’s size and location where you buy the drink. However, the price difference is not significant.