Muffin tops are good alternatives to snacks and desserts. You can choose from the different flavors of Dutch Bros muffin tops.
The Dutch Bros muffin top is an invention of Dutch Bros with unique flavors. I was unaware that Dutch Bros have muffin tops until I saw my colleague pull it out from her lunch box. I was curious and went to Dutch Bros the same evening to order one.
I also did a little research on the history of muffin tops. The name muffin tops is a phrase that was initially Australian slang. The phrase became popular in English-speaking countries and spread across western Europe, including non-English-speaking nations like Germany and France. In this article, I will tell you the ingredients, taste, recipe calories, and all you need to know about Dutch Bros muffin tops.
Is Dutch Bros Muffin Top still available at Starbucks?
Dutch Bros Muffin top is not available at Starbucks. It is only available at Dutch Bros as it is a Dutch Bros invention. If you walk to any Dutch Bros store, you will find this delight.
Dutch Bros Muffin Top (Ingredients, Taste, texture, Calories)
What’s in a Dutch Bros Muffin Top – Ingredients?
It is always good to know what goes into your body. So, what is the Dutch Bros muffin top? The Dutch Bros muffin top ingredients are Softened butter, granulated sugar, egg, wheat flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and a preferred flavor such as chocolate chips. This is according to the recipe marker website.
Let’s analyze each of these ingredients.
- Softened butter: It makes the Dutch Bros muffin top extra moist and adds a smooth texture to the taste.
- Granulated sugar: Adds sweetness to the muffin top.
- Egg: Acts as a glue that holds the components together, improves the taste of the muffin top, and makes it extra soft.
- Wheat flour: Major component of the muffin top.
- Baking powder: Helps the flour to rise.
- Salt: Adds taste to the muffin top.
- Milk: Helps in mixing all the ingredients and adds to the flavor of the muffin top.
Dutch Bros Muffin Top: Nutrition & Calories
Dutch Bros muffins have different nutritional compositions, although the difference is minimal.
A Dutch Bros chocolate chip muffin top has 440 calories. It contains 60 grams of carbs, 20 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein.
An Orange cranberry muffin has 380 calories, 58 grams of carbs, 14 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein.
A lemon Poppyseed muffin top has 160 calories, 22 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, and 2 grams of protein.
From these figures, these muffin top varieties are not healthy. The calories, carbs, and sugar are high. The muffin tops are best avoided if you are on a weight-loss diet.
So, what does Dutch Bros Muffin Top taste like?
The Dutch Bros muffin tops are generally soft. Each muffin will vary in taste depending on the selected flavor. If you choose the chocolate chip muffin top, you will enjoy a chocolate flavor. The lemon poppyseed muffin top has a lemon taste, and the orange cranberry muffin top has an orange and cranberry taste.
What is the texture of the Dutch Bros Muffin Top?
The Dutch Bros muffin tops have a crunchy crust due to heat exposure. The interior part of the muffin top is generally soft and well-moist, which enhances the taste of flavors.
How to make Dutch Bros Muffin Top at home – Dutch Bros Muffin Top Copycat Recipe
Dutch Bros Muffin Top Copycat Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie scoop
- Cookie sheets
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips – You can substitute this with your desired flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix your butter and granulated sugar, then whip till it becomes a fluffy white paste.
- Add your egg and continue whipping
- Add flour, salt, flour, and baking powder.
- Add milk small amount and milk to the mixture as you stir the dough thoroughly till it's smooth like cookie dough.
- Add your desired flavor, such as chocolate chips, Poppyseed, or Orange cranberry.
- Scoop the mixture using a cookie scoop and place it on parchment paper lined with cookie sheets.
- Ensure the scoops are equal, allowing them to cook simultaneously using equal cook time.
- It will also help prevent some muffins from being overdone when others are still half-baked.
- Place them in the preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Once they are ready, serve them with your favorite drink.
- You can serve them hot or cold.
- A Dutch bros muffin is relatively easy to make. You can add variations to the recipe depending on your preference and the number of people you want to serve. Double the quantity of the above ingredients if you want more muffin tops.
- If you don’t take eggs, you can do away with the eggs.
- You can reduce the sugar or do away with it for fewer calories.
- For the flavors, you can swap the chocolate chips with Poppyseed, dates, or other fruits of your choice.
How to order a Dutch Bros Muffin Top
Option 1: Go to the physical store.
- Go to any Dutch Bros location.
- Place an order of your preferred Dutch Bros muffin top
- Make your payment.
- Get your muffin top and leave.
Option 2: Order from Dutch Bros App
- Download the Dutch Bros app from Play Store or Apple Store and log in
- Select your preferred Dutch Bros muffin top
- Select your preferred pickup location
- Check out and proceed to pay
- Once your order is ready, pick it up from your selected location.
Is the Dutch Bros Muffin Top healthy?
The Dutch Bros muffin is not top healthy. It contains a high number of calories and sugar. It is also made from refined flour and contains minimal protein. It will, therefore, not keep you full, making you want to snack the whole day.
How many flavors of muffin tops are at Dutch Bros?
Dutch Bros has three flavors of muffin tops: a Chocolate chip muffin top, a Lemon poppyseed muffin top, and an Orange cranberry muffin top.
How much is the Dutch Bros Muffin Top?
A Dutch Bros muffin top costs USD2.95 as of November 2022. The price may, however, change with the rising food costs across the globe.