Try making your Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai at home in as little time as five minutes. Read on to get a recipe for this drink which is very simple to follow.
I started having Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai in 2020, and I have been trying to get a new drink that I can love, like this one, but I haven’t found any.
This drink has me in a cult, and I have never gotten bored of it. However, I realized I spend way too much on the drink since I have to drink it almost daily.
Therefore, I researched to get a recipe for the Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai so that I could make it at home.
During my research, I found other facts about the drink and decided to write an article on all the details you need about Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai.
I have included the ingredients and recipe for the drink, the variations and sizes available, its caffeine and calorie content, nutritional facts, and more information, so read till the end.
Table of Contents
Brief History of the drink
The Golden Eagle Chai is a famous Dutch Bros Drink that was started in a Dutch Bros in the Pacific Northwest.
The year it was invented is unknown since the drink has been on the Dutch Bros menu for quite some years. It is one of the most popular Dutch Bros Drink and has even gained a cult following, with its fans referring to it as “the Gold.”
Is Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai still available at Dutch Bros?
Yes, Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai is still available at the Dutch Bros coffee chain. It is available in 350 Dutch Bros stores across the United States.
It is also available online on the Dutch Bros official website and the Dutch Bros app. The drink is available under the Chai category on the Dutch Bros menu and in two forms; Hot and Iced.
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai – (ingredients)
What’s actually in a Dutch Bros Golden Eagle chai? According to Dutch Bros’ official website, they have listed the drink’s ingredients as a breve, vanilla syrup, caramel sauce, caramel drizzles, and whipped cream.
The ingredients are naturally manufactured and easily available in the market. Let us look at each ingredient separately.
- A breve: A breve is an Espresso drink made with Espresso shots, half whole milk, and half cream. However, when making Golden Eagle Chai, Dutch Bros swipes the espresso in breve with chai tea. It is used as the base of this drink and is the main ingredient of the Golden Eagle Chai.
- Vanilla Syrup: Dutch Bros has sugary and sugar-free vanilla syrup. Therefore, you can choose the syrup that you want. However, the main reason for adding vanilla syrup is to add flavor and sweetness to the drink. The vanilla syrup contains water, sugar, and vanilla. For the sugar-free vanilla syrup, it has sucralose instead of sugar.
- Caramel Sauce: Caramel sauce is thick and adds caramel flavor to the drink. It is also used to sweeten the drink. It contains water, sugar, cream, and butter. It gives the drink a creamy taste while drinking.
- Caramel drizzles: Dutch Bros adds Caramel Drizzles on top of the drink to make it presentable. They are tinny candy balls that have a caramel flavor. Sometimes they drizzle caramel sauce which is also for the same purpose.
- Whipped cream: Whipped cream is added as a topping for the drink. It sweetens the drink, but sometimes people prefer to skip it.
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
There are three sizes of Golden Eagle Chai available at Dutch Bros. The sizes include; small, medium, and large. The two forms of the drink have different ounces in each size.
For a hot Golden Eagle Chai, a small size has 12 ounces, a medium size has 16 ounces, and a large size has 20 ounces. For an iced Golden Eagle Chai, the small size has 16 ounces, the medium size has 24 ounces, and the large size has 32 ounces.
It is best to start with the small size when you are having this drink for the first time so you can rate whether you like it or not.
After that, you can upgrade to a medium or large size, though it is best to stick to a medium size, especially if you consume it often.
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle chai is only healthy when drunk in moderation. It is quite an unhealthy drink to consume in large amounts and often.
It has high-calorie content compared to other Dutch Bros drinks. A small size contains 410 calories, a medium size has 520 calories, and a large size has 650 calories.
This calorie content is high, especially for people on a diet or who want to reduce their weight. However, it is suitable for people who want to gain weight.
It also has high levels of sugar, carbs, and fats. The drink has an 87% daily sugar value which can be dangerous for people with high-sugar-related healthy conditions.
However, if you are looking for an overly sweet drink, Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai is the best drink for you. Compared to an Americano, which has less than 50 calories in the largest serving, this drink is too high in calories.
A drink should contain less than 100 calories to be considered healthy.
Below are the Nutritional facts of a medium-sized Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai.
Calories (out of 2000 Daily Calorie intake)
Nutritional facts per medium serving
% Daily Value
Total fats 23 g
Total carbs 70 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Sugar 66 g
Proteins 8 g
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle chai has very low caffeine content. It has less than 50 mg of caffeine because instead of using espresso shots to make the breve, the barista uses Oregon Chai Tea.
However, it is possible to add caffeine to your Golden Eagle Chai by asking the barista to add espresso shots to it.
So, what does Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai taste like?
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai is super sweet due to the syrups and whipped cream added to it. It also has a vanilla and caramel taste which has been balanced perfectly.
It is buttery, but not in a disgusting kind of way. It is enjoyed more by people with sweet teeth since this drink is overly sweet.
Ways to Customize a Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai – Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai Variations
You get to customize Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai when ordering. One way you can customize it is by reducing the sugar content in it.
To do this, ask the barista to skip the whipped cream topping and to use fewer pumps of vanilla syrup and caramel sauce. Skipping whipped cream also reduces the calories in the drink.
Also, you can make a vegan Golden Eagle Chai by asking the barista to use Oat Milk while making the breve.
To make a zero-sugar Golden Eagle Chai, ask the barista to use sugar-free vanilla syrup and sugar-free caramel sauce. Also, skip the whipped cream for a sugar-free Golden Eagle chai.
How to make Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai at home – Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai Copycat Recipe
Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai Copycat Recipe
- Half and half
- Oregon Chai tea powder
- Vanilla syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Caramel drizzles
- Whipped cream
- Add Oregon Chai tea powder to the half and half to make a breve
- Pour a cup of the breve into a shaker
- Add 4 tablespoons of vanilla syrup and 4 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- Shake them all well until they mix completely
- Pour the mixture into a glass as you drizzle caramel drizzles
- Add whipped cream as the topping of the drink
- Add caramel drizzles on top of the drink and enjoy your homemade Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai
- You can leave out the whipped cream to reduce the calories in the drink.
- If you want a sweeter Golden Eagle Chai, add more vanilla syrup and caramel sauce.
- For the vegan Golden Eagle Chai, use Oat Milk half and half instead of dairy milk.
How much is Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai?
A small Golden Eagle Chai at Dutch Bros costs $3.00, a medium costs $3.50, and large costs $4.50. However, the prices at Dutch Bros vary slightly according to the location of the store.
How to order Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai
To order a Dutch Bros Golden Eagle, greet the barista and choose the size of the chai you want. Then customize the chai to your preference and choose the form in which you want it. Give the barista a few minutes to make your drink.
Is Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai Good?
Yes, Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai is a good drink to have at any time of the day.
Does Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai contain caffeine?
Yes, Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Chai contains caffeine though it is in small amounts.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.