Dutch Bros Dutch Frost is one of the most underrated drinks at Dutch Bros. But it becomes a customer favorite once they know enough about it.
I am not the biggest fan of coffee, so whenever I drive by Dutch Bros, I try to go for something less caffeinated or with no coffee. A lot of times, it didn’t make sense to my friends whenever they tagged along until I forced one of them to order the same thing as me, Dutch Frost. She loved it, and I was honestly surprised to learn that she didn’t know about it despite being a regular customer. Since she was so impressed by it, I decided to make her a homemade one. To do that, I sought out a recipe and some vital information that you’ll find in this article. Read on!
A brief history of the drink
Dutch bros date back to 1992 and result from the effort and determination of two brothers, Dane and Travis. It has grown from a pushcart to the renowned coffee house it is today. Dutch Frost came about in the process of growth, and it pushes the aim of Dutch Bros to serve the community. It is available in flavors like birthday cake, white chocolate, cotton candy, almond bar, ninja, and aftershock, among others.
Is Dutch Bros Dutch Frost still available at Dutch Bros?
Yes, it is. Dutch Bros Dutch Frost is still available at Dutch Bros, and it seems it will be for a long time, considering the customers’ love for it.
Dutch Bros Dutch Frost (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What is in a Dutch Bros Dutch Frost – (Ingredients?)
According to Dutch Bros’ website, Dutch frost contains four key ingredients; ice cream, white chocolate sauce, flavoring syrup, and whipped cream. Let’s look at each ingredient:
- Ice cream: this is like the base ingredient for the Dutch Frost. Since the beverage is a milkshake, this ingredient is crucial; without it, there is no Dutch Frost.
- White chocolate sauce: It is used in many Dutch Frost drinks, but not all. It adds sweetness to the drink and softens flavors that might be too overpowering.
- Whipped cream: It is used as a topping and adds sweetness and consistency to your cup. It is an inclusion in a standard cup, but you can skip it.
- Syrups: these are what contribute to the different flavors of the drink. They include; blue raspberry for cotton candy, Crème de Menthe for Ninja, white chocolate, strawberry, blackberry, and hazelnut, among others.
Dutch Bros Dutch Frost: Sizes, nutrition, caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Dutch Frost is served in three sizes, small, which is 16oz, medium, which is 24oz, and large size, which is 32oz. The standard size most people go for is medium, but for a first-timer, it is safe to go for small in case you won’t like it, which is highly unlikely. The large size is considered by most customers a monstrosity but comes in handy when you are famished.
It is important to ensure that the Dutch Frost you order meets your dietary needs. Dutch Bros lists all nutritional facts about their drinks in all sizes on their website, so it is essential to check them out. A standard medium Dutch frost has about 760calories against the 2000 daily count. This, however, differs depending on the flavor you pick. A medium white chocolate Dutch Frost has 15g total fat, 15g protein, 124g sugar, and 138g carbohydrates. This information is summarized below.
(for White Chocolate Dutch frost)
|Nutrient Content per medium serving||% daily intake value|
|Total fat 15g||23%|
|Total carbs 138g Sugar 30g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
The information above is based on white chocolate Dutch Frost which does not have additional syrups. Ordering other flavors changes the information, which is why checking the nutrient information on the Dutch Bros Website is essential.
Dutch Bros Dutch Frost does not contain any caffeine. However, you can order a Dutch freeze with the same flavor if you want a caffeinated option slightly similar to Dutch Frost. Since Dutch frost is a milkshake, most people prefer it as it is. It might not be the best option when craving the much-needed caffeine boost, but it is refreshing and the best option when you want to take a break from caffeine and calm down.
So, what does Dutch Bros Dutch Frost taste like?
Sweet and refreshing are the words that best describe the taste. It doesn’t matter the flavor you pick; you can be sure that you will be satisfied and probably crave more.
Ways to Customize Dutch Bros Dutch Frost – Dutch Bros Dutch Frost – Dutch Bros Dutch Frost sizes, variations
Apart from whipped cream toppings, you can choose the different flavors you want in your drink. Instead of ordering regular white chocolate Dutch frost, you can order strawberry Dutch frost by adding strawberry syrup.
The same applies to cotton candy, ninja, and blackberry, where you order blue raspberry, crème de menthe, and hazelnut syrups. Also, you can choose your preferred cup size, and the baristas are friendly enough to let you incorporate caffeine. As the saying goes, created by Dutch Bros, customized by you!
How to make Dutch Bros Dutch Frost at home – Dutch Bros Dutch Frost Copycat Recipe
Dutch Bros Dutch Frost Copycat Recipe
- Ice cream scoop
- 1 cup of cold milk or iced milk
- 3 scoops of ice cream
- 1 tablespoon of flavoring syrup depending on the Dutch Frost flavor of your liking (I used strawberry syrup for my strawberry Dutch frost)
- Whipped cream topping
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blend till smooth
- Serve in a cup and top with whipped cream
- I used strawberry syrup, but you can use any other syrup depending on the flavor of Dutch frost you want.
- You can skip whipped cream if you are not a fan, but the drink has better consistency when it is included.
- You can store the remaining Dutch frost in the fridge for later, and it will taste just as good.
- If you make white chocolate Dutch frost, you only need white chocolate sauce and no syrup.
Is the Dutch Bros Dutch Frost good?
Yes, it is. It not only tastes great but is also very nutritious.
Can I drink Dutch Bros from Dutch Frost while pregnant?
Yes, you can. It does not contain any caffeine, but you need to watch out for other ingredients that might be harmful, like sweeteners.
Is Dutch Frost from Dutch Bros caffeinated?
No, Dutch Bros Dutch Frost is not caffeinated.
How much is the Dutch Frost from Dutch Bros?
A small cup is 3.50 dollars while a large cup is $6.50.