In this heat, we would love to enjoy a fresh, delicious cup with our loved ones. Among the many available drinks, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is among the few that meet these expectations.
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is a summer drink that combines a variety of ingredients to tingle your taste buds. I discovered this drink during my August trip to the United States of America. On that particular day, it was so hot outside. In my attempt to look for a coolant, I came across Dutch Brothers and had to give it a try. I requested the barista whip me up the best and coldest caffeinated drink he could think of. That was when he offered me the cookie dough cold brew, and I fell in love. After further research, I discovered a lot about this drink and included it all in this article. It is important to note that this drink is unsuitable for people who prefer caffeine-free drinks.
Brief History of the drink
By August 2022, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew was featured in more than 570 locations. This drink was invented on July 6th and is included in the Dutch Brothers’ summer 2022 drink launch. This summer drink by Dutch Bros. combines various ingredients to make a delightful drink.
Is Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew still available at Dutch Bros.?
Yes, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is still available at Dutch Bros. The coffee chain has featured Cookie Dough Cold Brew through the end of August 2022. The drink is available for a limited time during the summer for you to enjoy in the hot summer heat.
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories, and Dairy Content)
What’s in a Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew (ingredients)
What’s actually in a Dutch Brothers Cookie Dough Cold Brew? According to their website, Dutch Bros lists the ingredients in their Cookie Dough Cold Brew as follows: cold brew coffee, soft Top, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate chip cookie dough-flavored syrup, and chocolate milk. It only takes five ingredients to make Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew. Let’s elaborate on each ingredient:
- Cold brew coffee: Dutch Bros uses either nitro or regular cold brew coffee to make their Cookie Dough Cold Brew. The nitro cold brew is smoother, thicker, and sweeter than the regular cold brew. It also has more caffeine and is less acidic.
- Soft Top: This is the coffee chain’s signature topping. It is a great touch to any Dutch Bros. drink. Its ingredients include sugar, heavy cream, buttermilk, and vanilla. Soft Top blends smoothly and adds extra richness and creaminess to your Dutch Brothers Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
- Chocolate Sprinkles: This ingredient looks like crushed chocolate and gives your Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew a chocolatey and sweet taste.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough-flavored syrup: This syrup makes your drink taste like butterscotch, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Chocolate milk: Chocolate milk is used in Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew to give it a chocolatey and sweet taste with hints of caramelized sugar, cooked milk, and a vanilla aftertaste.
All these ingredients are used in a certain proportion by Dutch Bros to whip up the best Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew: Sizes, Nutrition, Caffeine, Dairy Content, and Calories
What sizes are available?
The following sizes are available for Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew:
- Small: It is larger than the kids’ size and holds 12 ounces of your hot Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew and 16 ounces of your iced Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
- Medium: It is larger than the small size and holds 16 ounces of your hot Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew and 24 ounces of your iced Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
- Large: It is the largest size available at Dutch Bros, and it holds 20 ounces of your hot Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew and 32 ounces of your iced and blended Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
If consumed in moderation, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is a healthy treat. However, excessive consumption of it may become unhealthy for your body. This is because of high levels of sugar. Compared to a Dutch Bros Caramelizer in the medium size, which contains 360 calories, their Cookie Dough Cold Brew has 260 calories in the same size, making it a healthier option. However, a healthy drink should contain less than 100 calories to avoid surpassing the 2000 daily recommended calorie intake. When a quarter of this number is taken in a single drink, the chances of surpassing the recommended daily caloric intake by the end of the day are high. This makes the Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew moderately unhealthy.
The small size has 200 calories, the medium size has 260 calories, and the large size has around 330 calories.
The table below shows the nutrition facts for the Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew.
Calories (per 2,000 daily intake)
Nutritional Value (16 fl oz)
% daily value
Total Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Total sugars: 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew has approximately 293 milligrams of caffeine in a medium serving and approximately 100mg for a small cup. Most of the caffeine in this drink is contributed by the cold brew coffee that is used as an ingredient. This is a safe and healthy amount of caffeine for adults, as the recommended daily caffeine dose is 400mg. However, this drink might not be good for children due to its caffeine content.
Dutch Bros’ Cookie Dough Cold Brew is made with 2% chocolate milk. Instead of chocolate milk, you can select other milk options such as coconut milk, almond milk, or oat milk to be used in your cookie dough cold brew. All these options can add a great kick to your drink. Dutch Bros uses Barista style Pacific Foods oat milk. For dairy milk, this coffee chain uses Kalona or Horizon organic milk.
So, what does Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew taste like?
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew combines a variety of flavors. It has a sweet and chocolaty flavor with hints of vanilla and milk. It also has a strong coffee flavor that is neither acidic nor bitter. The sprinkles add crunchiness and make the drink taste like cocoa powder. This drink isn’t too sweet, making it a perfect delicacy for you and your loved ones. As a result, Dutch Brothers Cookie Dough Cold Brew is an absolute must-try.
Ways to Customize a Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew: Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew Variations
There are various ways you can customize a Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough cold brew. Some of these ways include:
- Choose the type of drink you want: You can request your Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough cold brew be served either hot, iced, or blended.
- Request for more or less syrup: You can ask your barista to add more syrup to make it sweeter or reduce it. You can also request that your drink have no syrup at all.
- Choose another syrup alternative: Apart from chocolate chip cookie dough-flavored syrup, you can choose other syrup alternatives such as hazelnut, raspberry, vanilla, chocolate, macadamia nut, peppermint, coconut, or Irish cream.
- Choose another milk alternative: Dutch Bros offers other milk options that you can choose from, such as oat, coconut, or almond.
- Request another topping alternative: You can request your barista whip up your Cookie Dough Cold Brew without including their Soft Top and use another topping, such as whipped cream.
How to make Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew at home: Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew Copycat Recipe
Dutch Bros Cookie Dough Cold Brew Copycat Recipe
- 8 ounces of almond milk
- 16 ounces of chilled brewed coffee
- 2 or 1 large scoop of cookie dough ice cream
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chip cookies
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Add vanilla, coffee, and milk: Add these three ingredients to the pitcher of your blender.
- Add brown sugar, cookies, and cookie dough ice cream: Add 2 full scoops of cookie dough ice cream, cookies, and brown sugar in your blender.
- Blend: Blend all these ingredients until they are smoothly combined, such that there are no large particles left.
- Serve: After blending, pour into your glass and enjoy.
- You can use other milk alternatives such as chocolate milk, oat milk, and coconut milk.
- Syrup and whipped cream can be added as a finishing touch to your drink.
- Instead of cookie dough ice cream, you can use cookie dough syrup.
How do you order a Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew?
To order a Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew, you need to go through the following steps:
- Open the official Uber Eats website or any other third-party delivery services like Postmates and Grubhub. You can also order through Dutch Bros’ official website or download their app.
- Input the location of the Dutch Brothers outlet closest to you.
- Select your drink, which in this case is Cookie Dough, Cold Brew.
- Place an order.
- Wait for it to be delivered to the set location.
You can also walk into any store and mention the name of the drink to the barista or just select the drink on the app and order for pickup.
How much is the Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew?
Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is approximately $6.50.
Is Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew good?
Yes, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is good. This is because it is super mellow and has little to no bitterness or acidity.
Is Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew gluten-free?
Yes, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is gluten-free.
Is Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew healthy?
Yes, Dutch Bros. Cookie Dough Cold Brew is healthy. This is because it contains nutrients such as Proteins and Carbohydrates that are nutritious and in the right amount making it a healthy drink.