Are you a fan of energy drinks and are looking for one from Dutch Bros? If yes, you have probably heard about Dutch Bros Blue Rebel. Read on to find out more!
Dutch Bros Blue Rebel is a delicious energy drink that comes in slimline cans and is available in different flavors. I used to associate Dutch Bros with Red Bull since it was the first energy drink that I consumed from the company. I was looking for a different energy drink I could take before going to volleyball practice when one of my colleagues mentioned Blue Rebel from the same company.
When I ordered Blue Rebel, I liked it since it gave me the quick rush of energy that I needed to get through the session. I wanted to learn more about this energy drink and researched and created this post. By the end of it, you will learn not only its history but also its ingredients and how to make it at home.
Table of Contents
Brief history of the drink
Dutch Bros introduced Blue Rebel in 2012. According to the founder of this company, it took hours of testing and tasting to land a flavor profile that was different from what was already available in the market. Since introducing this energy drink, it has become among the most popular beverages at Dutch Bros.
Is Dutch Bros Blue Rebel still available at Dutch bros?
Yes. Dutch Bros still has Blue Rebel. This energy drink is available in sugar-free and regular versions.
Dutch Bros Blue Rebel (Ingredients, Taste, Variations, Sizes, Caffeine, Calories)
What’s in a Dutch Bros Blue Rebel- (ingredients)
This energy drink has similar ingredients as Red Bull. It comprises B vitamins, flavors, taurine, citric acid, sodium, carbonated water, preservatives, and sugar. Here are the ingredients separately.
- Sugar– This ingredient is used to sweeten the energy drink. The problem with Blue Rebel is that it has 37 grams of sugar which makes it unhealthy. If you are watching your diet, consider getting the sugar-free version of Blue Rebel, which contains artificial sweeteners.
- Citric acid– This component gives the energy drink a slightly sour taste. It is beneficial in that it has fat-burning and antioxidant properties.
- B Vitamins-Blue Rebel also contains B Vitamins which play a significant role in energy metabolism. It is made up of Vitamin B6, which can help form red blood cells, and Vitamin B12, which can reduce the levels of homocysteine in the body.
- Flavors– Blue Rebel has both artificial and natural flavors, which make it more delicious.
- Carbonated water– This ingredient amplifies the effects of caffeine in the energy drink. It is water saturated with carbon dioxide under high pressure, making the energy drink bubbly.
- Taurine– This supplement makes the energy drink more effective since it can improve athletic performance. It is a free-form amino acid with a stimulating effect on the brain.
- Preservatives– This canned energy drink also contains different preservatives that keep it fresh such as potassium sorbate and Sodium Benzoate.
Dutch Bros Blue Rebel: Sizes, nutrition, Caffeine & Calories
What sizes are available?
Blue Rebel from Dutch Bros comes in a can that is 8.4 fl oz. Though this can may seem small, the energy drink is immensely satisfying. Sometimes, Blue Rebel is available in 12 fl oz.
The 8fl oz can Blue Rebel has 160 calories. It contains 120 mg of sodium, 1 gram of protein, 37 grams of sugar, 120 mg of sodium, and 39 grams of carbs. This energy drink also has 6.8 mcg of Vitamin B12, slightly above what experts recommend. According to nutritionists, you should not consume more than 6mcg of Vitamin B12.
The calorie count of this energy drink differs based on the flavor you choose. Iced Blue Rebel also has fewer calories compared to blended Blue Rebel. From the nutritional facts, you can tell that Blue Rebel is not very healthy. It is also loaded with colors and preservatives that make it unhealthy. Blue Rebel is, therefore, not recommended for everyone.
Blue Rebel has 80 mg of caffeine. This drink has a modest concentration of stimulants. It can therefore boost your energy levels and increase your focus. This stimulant not only helps the neurological system work better, but it can also boost your metabolism. According to the FDA, you should not take more than 400 mg of caffeine daily. This is equal to 5 cans of Blue Rebel.
So, what does Dutch Bros Blue Rebel taste like?
This energy drink has a similar taste to Red Bull. It is a sweet energy drink that contains fruity flavors.
Ways to Customize Dutch Bros Blue Rebel– Dutch Bros Blue Rebel Variations
You can take Blue Rebel or mix it with other beverages. Dutch Bros Blue Rebel comes in different flavors such as Passion Water, Electric Berry, Gummy Bear, Rays of Sunshine and Shark Attack, and the Hawaiian Rebel. Research shows that the Hawaiian Rebel is the most popular Blue Revel flavor among customers of Dutch Bros.
How to make Dutch Bros Blue Rebel at home – Dutch Bros Blue Rebel Copycat Recipe
Dutch Bros Blue Rebel Copycat Recipe
- 12 oz sugar-free Redbull
- 6 tbsp flavored syrup
- Start by adding ice to the blender.
- Pour the can of sugar-free Redbull into the blender
- Add at least six tablespoons of flavored syrup to the red bull
- Start blending until you achieve a smooth consistency
- Transfer to a glass and enjoy
- You can make this energy drink with different flavored syrups, such as strawberry, coconut, peach, or raspberry.
- Do not use too much ice when making Blue Rebel at home since this can make it less strong.
If you need a fruity energy drink that you can take from Dutch Bros, consider Blue Rebel. This is a delicious energy drink that comes in a small can. It is available in different flavors. It is beneficial in that it can help you feel replenished and boost brain function. However, it should not be consumed in excess. We have also shared simple guidelines that you can follow to make Blue Rebel at home.
Is the Dutch Bros Blue Rebel good?
This energy drink is good in terms of taste but is not very healthy due to its high sugar content, high calories, and less protein. Taking too many cans of Blue Rebel can lead to adverse health consequences.
Can I drink a blue rebel from Dutch Bros while pregnant?
No. This is not advisable since the energy drink has caffeine which is not healthy while pregnant.
Where can you buy Dutch bros blue rebel energy drink?
You can buy Blue Rebel from a Dutch Bros drive-through. Only Dutch Bros locations have this private-label beverage.
Is Dutch Bros Blue Rebel gluten-free?
Yes. You can take this even if you have a gluten-sensitive stomach since it does not have gluten. It can prevent stomach and bloating problems.
Kai Jordan worked as a Certified Nutrition Specialist and now a food critic whose main objective is to provide consumers with as much information as they need to make the right choices concerning foods and drinks. Jordan is passionate about helping the public reach their health-related goals but also keen on reviewing foods and drinks offered by some of the famous restaurants the likes of Starbucks.
Kai has therefore created well-researched and comprehensive excerpts regarding the services and products offered by the giant restaurant chain. And which can be retrieved from Starbmag.com, apart from talking writing, and dealing with food Kai loves also to Kayak. You can read more about me on the about us page.